Welcome to UK Thrash!

All change at Terrorizer Magazine

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: All change at Terrorizer Magazine

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 am

Paul, have you lost it?
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby thrashduck on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:52 am

Sort of. But mainly, I was trying to raise interest in the zine in a slightly abstract way. It failed, obviously.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:57 am

Went a bit far, i have time off for two days so i promise to do something.

Perhaps a msn meeting tomorrow or such.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Dian Wei

Postby terrorizer on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:18 am

zurabmelua wrote:i only know two, speed merchant is one of em

Eh? That wasn't a real fanzine, I just did it to be given away with the Thrashing Like A Mani-spac compilation, there will not be a second issue.

Yes we could do with a UK zine, Billy & co did "Words Of Evil" (don't shoot me if I got the name wrong, it's three in the morning) which was cool and there is always "In The Zine Of Evil" which will probably die due to lack of funds. I asked Earache for an advert but to no avail, in fact getting a reply off of Earache about anything is difficult. Oh well.

For a decent Thrash zine try "Thrash Attack" from Germany, the editor Flo is a star and loves his thrash more than life.

Anyway there is still Terrorizer Magazine, I'm hoping the thrash content will increase until Louise and James, I'm currently scouring the internet for the newest and the bestest underground bands. Jeez it's a tough job. :wink:

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:22 am

Well we have discussed the Zine and if funding is the problem i (and hopefully others) will dip into our own pockets.

It just means that it won't be as frequent as initially planned.

Dian Wei

Postby terrorizer on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:38 am

That is good to hear, perhaps this time print it on bog paper and sell it at a higher price? I'm not sure how much time I have to offer, my Tz contributions seem to have increased and proper work is pretty hellish too, I wish I could do everything but there aren't enough hours in the day.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:40 am

No that is perfectly understandable, i think we are all feeling the pressures of outside influences.

It will have to be a labour of love.

Dian Wei

Postby terrorizer on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:44 am

Which is exactly what a zine is, in fact it's exactly what any writing is. I spent about six hours on a column of reviews at the weekend, I shudder to think what my hourly rate would be. I'd get better money in a sweat-shop! One year I made as much money writing as I would have done in a single night on-call at real work.

terrorizer

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:59 am

Bestial Bill wrote:
jonny_boy34 wrote:
Creeping Dan wrote:And they wont have to pay to be on the CD anymore? That was a silly thing...

Yeah, that was pretty disgraceful. Maybe the team can now choose unsigned bands on their individual merit rather than how rich they are.

To be honest, paying £400 to be on 15000 CDs that are distributed worldwide doesn't sound that much of a rip-off to be honest. They are running a business after all. It's hardly a new thing either - as far as I know contributions to the CDs have been run on a paid basis for as long as they've been - please correct me if I'm wrong Ian.

A fair point, and yes they do need to make their money, but if they're getting the money for their usual CD from all the record labels, don't you think they could afford to not charge poor unsigned bands for their unsigned editions, which come out very rarely? That way they'd actually get a good CD together, rather than just stick whoever can pay first on it.

Then again I don't know about the running of a magazine like that, maybe they really do need that much money from everyone to keep the magazine running... along with all the money they get from adverts and whatever else.
jonny_boy34

Postby origamikid on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:27 pm

I was thinking about doing a -every 3 monthly- zine . Gonna start looking into it now and mabye have it ready for release in feb/march if any is ever interested in helping!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby thrashduck on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:12 pm

origamikid wrote:I was thinking about doing a -every 3 monthly- zine . Gonna start looking into it now and mabye have it ready for release in feb/march if any is ever interested in helping!

JOIN US
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Immortalicide on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:42 pm

origamikid wrote:I was thinking about doing a -every 3 monthly- zine . Gonna start looking into it now and mabye have it ready for release in feb/march if any is ever interested in helping!

good luck............
Immortalicide

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Why can't we make the main page of UK Thrash an E-zine and contribute / promote it all between ourselves as a collective united underground?

....I'll get my coat.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:53 pm

That would be a good idea, but to be fair how often does anyone look at the main page as we already get quite a lot of the news on here already.

Dian Wei

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:31 am

Yeah, I hear you, I don't mean the front page would be for us to read though as such. It'd be for whoever visits the main site and we as forum members could contribute.
H.O.D. Feemo