Welcome to UK Thrash!

ONSLAUGHT UK DATES

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: ONSLAUGHT UK DATES

Postby meluaz on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:06 pm

yay!!! im coming to this, you guys there!!!
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby meluaz on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:57 am

ok, well the first band didnt do anything for me, mutant were awesome and i was jealous of toms randall v2 amp head. fuckign onslaught were godly, there wernt enough people there though. the moshpit was abit shit cause these dudes were hardcore dancing but then they started toxic waltzing and it was ok. fucking rik and spencer abandoned me!
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby Spencer on Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:25 am

That was a bloody fantastic evening, I didn't bother watching Onslaught and the first band were a bit rubbish, but Mutant sounded incredible! Jon really does seem to fit in very nicely.

Here's a video of The Rauncher I took, the sound quality is a bit shitty but it's good enough.

Lovely stuff lads! =D>
Spencer

Postby Lev on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:06 pm

I love how that's just a video of Jon. What a fucking nucase. I want Jon in every band now please, cheers thanks.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby Creeping Dan on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Chuffed much, Jon? :D
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby James on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:38 pm

That was brilliant, well done Jon those are some blistering bass lines! I see you're also sporting two generations of Neb shirt! :lol: Really looking forward to your Purple Turtle set.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:19 pm

what a great evening.i didnt really feel the first band,but then again its probably coz i was looking forward to seeing Nebukadnezza although this band who must have been found to replace Nebz at short notice gave it their best.i just thought the vocalist sounded cliche and the music,although heavy was a bit all over the place structure wise.

anyway,next onto Mutant,it was so good to see them as they hadnt played since augusts rage night.(almost 2months).
Johns presence was certainly felt in his debut as bassist.splendidly lovely stuff.Tom better watch out as John may steal some of the onstage glory :lol: nah,you could see John was obviously so excited and thrilled and it showed with all his classic moves.
the set was "top-notch" and went without a hitch.
the set felt a bit short but then Spencer stated what i failed to realise."it is a new line up though".and i was like "oh yeah" :oops:
Tom was on top form hilarity wise with the general crowd banter in between songs.the funniest set yet.
cant wait for the e.p.
congratulations Mutoids.

me and Spencer left about 10.20ish.we got lost again and went the same exact wrong way as last time.it took us 40-50mins walking around before we finally ended up catching a train at norbiton station.
considering we were both sober.
if we had left at 11 i think we would have missed the last connecting trains and then dont know what the hell we would have done.
i dont mind leaving the fighting cocks club at 11-1120 ish as its so much nearer the station and easy to find the way back.

also a gang of chavs 2boys and 2girls said to me and Spencer "nice hair" "looking good" "i like your(my)sideburns" when we were walking around kingston.
more of a compliment if anything,not exactly the most threatening bunch of teenagers :lol:
im guessing it was sarcasm but if they really wanted a reaction why didnt they just go for the classic "fucking goths" or "bruv give me a fag".
maybe its coz they were a tad unsure of us kicking their skinny young arses :lol:

anyway,i digress.i saw Onslaught at the Destruction gig the other year so wasnt too dissapointed that i couldnt hang around to see them.i felt more sad for "abandoning" young Zurab.also Donny stayed till the end and couldnt believe we were off so soon.
so it was more heartaching saying goodbyes than missing Onslaught :lol:
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Creeping Dan on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Rik gig reports are great.

Mutant to the northwest sometime yes? :D
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby Throsh on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:42 pm

That's a great video, Jon's great. Mutant to the west Midlands.
Throsh

Postby zykloned on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Who were the opening band?

I couldn't make this one but I'm looking forward to the 22nd for a very lovely time!
zykloned

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:43 pm

the opening band were called silent"eternity".
also the 22nd will be too lovely and im gonna dress up in the xmas spirit.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Atom on Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:37 pm

Lol, that was a jokes gig.
Atom

Postby meluaz on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:17 pm

i felt like a right wally when i shouted out technodrone instead of laserdrome
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Aww, I want to cry with joy after reading all that... although sometimes I do hate watching videos of myself playing, I look so ridiculous! But I suppose in real life I'm probably amazing, so thanks. Really though, many many thanks to all who say kind things, last night was fucking amazing, it's an absolute unbelievable honour to play with Mutant, I never even imagined this would happen! As soon as we played the opening notes of Scrap Brain Zone I was on the biggest high of my life (as I usually am when I'm playing live heavy metal!), it was absolutely brilliant. I really can't wait for the 22nd for my double bill of absolute fun, hopefully we'll play THUMP next time also, and perhaps a new song with Damnas too, which is also sounding quite amazing.

It's so hilarious that I came along here about just over a year and a half ago without even really knowing much about thrash at all (apart from Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth of course), and accidentally joined two of the most amazing bands I've ever played with or seen in the underground joy. Cheers Jamie! I'm a happy man!
jonny_boy34

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:51 pm

meluaz wrote:i felt like a right wally when i shouted out technodrone instead of laserdrome

:doh: :wall: :lol: that was too classic.

at least you werent as embarrassing as that girl who halfway through asked random bizarre questions to Tom in the gap between 2songs.i can understand with the onslaught backdrop there could be a little confusion but after it was established that the band were Mutant,the girl carried on waffling,(bless her)and created some spinal tap style awkwardness.
i love how everyone cracked up at Tom ending the little conversation with a genius usage of the phrase "top-notch". :lol:
ImageImage
radioactive rik