Are you getting thrashed?

Yar
25%
Nar
75%

Total votes : 4

Get Thrashed Rollcall

Postby Atom on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:01 pm

Who is coming to the premier on the 3rd in London?

We should get as many of us to come as possible in thrash garb and rage the show!

If anyone wants to meet up then PM me for my number and we can thrash the city!

Come on, GET THRASHED!
Last edited by Atom on Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atom

Postby Johnny Tightlips on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:03 pm

Wish I could come :( Have a good time though, thrash it up big time!
Johnny Tightlips

Postby James on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:16 pm

Yeah, I definitely fancy it, though I still don't know how much it costs :? I've spent about £50 this week on seemingly very little... I hope living in a house and feeding myself isn't this expensive every week, or I am in for a pricey year!

By the way, I'm only on here now cos I am at the uni library - my house doesn't currently have internet! :( The phone line is finally connected though, so hopefully we will sort it out soon.

Bloody landlords. We arrived to find the boiler is totally burnt out, so no hot water! Unless we turn on the immersion, which costs a great deal of electricity.

Oh yeah, and my phone is totally flat also, and my charger is back in Essex! So the only way to contact me is the house phone - I don't know if my mobile will survive long enough to find that number, but here goes...yay, success! It's 0207 7015398.

Anyway, why am I even saying all this here! That has nothing at all to do with Get Thrashed!!

So in conclusion, I am a poor student but I don't want to miss this so I guess I'll have to come along

ROBOTIC RAGE!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Jono on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:26 pm

Just looked at busses and stuff and seeing as the film doesnt finish till about 11 I couldnt get one back that same night, and the busses at this stage are too expensive anyway, I'm too skint... :(

Gutting cos I really wanna go!

Plus, almost 9 quid for a cinema ticket? What the fuck!?
Jono

Postby James on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:15 pm

Ah yes, I've found the booking section now. £6 for a student ticket (plus 55p booking fee). Not too shabby.

Shame you can't make it down Jono - I'm sure you could stay at my place if you couldn't get back the same night.

I have mixed expectations about this film anyway - I have a suspicion that it might be made in a very mainstream way, as the synopsis says it covers thrash's influence over grunge and nu metal, and features Phil Anselmo...

I would much rather it went on to cover the more important influence which thrash had on metal, and that being the transition into death metal, and also the influence on early black metal. That would be much more interesting and relevant. In my view those genres are the logical step on from thrash, I see very little in common with these new acts who are being featured.

Still, it will still be a majorly fun outing :)

edit: and apparently the Director is going to be there - it would be funny to talk to him about it too!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Atom on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:51 pm

Jono wrote:Just looked at busses and stuff and seeing as the film doesnt finish till about 11 I couldnt get one back that same night, and the busses at this stage are too expensive anyway, I'm too skint... :(

Stay at mine if you want Jono!
Atom

Postby AndyHC on Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:37 pm

Myself, Jack, Ol and Matt (Evile) are all at this!
AndyHC

Postby Metal Iain on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:19 pm

I would but the rationale for travelling 500 miles to see a film isn't really there for me...
Metal Iain

Postby NightReaper on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:42 am

Atom wrote:
Jono wrote:Just looked at busses and stuff and seeing as the film doesnt finish till about 11 I couldnt get one back that same night, and the busses at this stage are too expensive anyway, I'm too skint... :(

Is that an open invitation at all to anyone Atom? :wink:
NightReaper

Postby Atom on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:44 am

NightReaper wrote:
Atom wrote:

Is that an open invitation at all to anyone Atom? :wink:

I will try, depends what my folks say. I will ask if I can have some people round so if you really need a place to stay PM me and I can make a list and then try and get some places for you all to sleep... And rage!
Atom

Postby Creeping_Dave on Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:34 am

GAAAAAH! I really wanna go to this, but I can't! Bloody uni.

I have money and everything! (I don't say THAT very often! :lol: ) Yesterday was payday and my student loan came through too lol *cries* :wall:
Creeping_Dave

Postby Atom on Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:40 am

I added a poll to count how many of you ragers are coming to er... Rage.
Atom

Postby Creeping_Dave on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:25 am

Hmmm I think I may actually be able to make it to this after all. The class I've got on wednesday morning is certainly looking skippable, I've just seen what the plan is for the class - learning to search the internet and browse the university website! :shock: WTF it's the 2nd year of a Computing degree.... ugh... grim.
Creeping_Dave

Postby Hostile on Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:00 am

It's on the 3rd? Fuck, I have NO idea how I can make it down there. I have lectures on the 3rd, and I'm in Manchester so the train costs will be a bitch. Lets see though...
Hostile

Postby boovidge on Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:11 am

Theres a good chance I can make this! :rockdevil:
boovidge