Welcome to UK Thrash!

ONSLAUGHT PULL OUT OF UK TOUR

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

ONSLAUGHT PULL OUT OF UK TOUR

Postby mattevile on Fri May 04, 2007 9:05 am

hello everyone, bad news, thought id post this here so people can find out sooner rather than later in case no one posts it here......

onslaught have had to cancel their appearances at the remaining shows of the onslaught/susperia uk tour due to sy keeler being rushed to hospital lastnight before their set with a detached retina, he had surgery a couple of months ago on the same eye (lens replacement) and now this has happened, so we hope he gets through today alright.

they will make a proper announcement im sure to apologize to everyone who was hoping to see them over the next few days, its a reet shame as theyre on form as always and we were well looking forward to doing this tour with them.....

the tour will be going ahead with susperia headlining and us supporting.
mattevile

Postby ThrashMetalLuci on Fri May 04, 2007 9:33 am

heard this over on the Bloodstock forums, wasn't sure if it was a wind up or not so didn't bother posting it over here. That's a real bummer, and with Entombed pulling out too...
ThrashMetalLuci

Postby Steve on Fri May 04, 2007 10:03 am

Managed to ctahc their show last night when they made the announcement about Sy. They still carried on with a few songs with Nige doing the vocals, and I must say he wasn't half bad, then Matt did a song. Halfway throuhg the set Sy came on and gave his apoligies, then took a chair, sat in front of the drumkit and sand with as little effort as possible, which was veruy amusing! It was still a good gig though, hope Sy gets better soon! :rockdevil:
GoreBastard wrote:Trust those black metal folk to take their music to the next level of gay!

Steve

Postby thrash metal maniac on Fri May 04, 2007 11:05 am

DAMN!!!

So whats happening about the rest of the shows then??
thrash metal maniac

Postby boovidge on Fri May 04, 2007 11:08 am

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby Darkweasel on Fri May 04, 2007 11:32 am

JB's rang me back and said it would still be going ahead with Susperia as the headliner, and there are plans to bring in another act (no idea who, but my guess would be a local band).
But from what I could gather, not many tickets had been sold anyway, so as much as I like Evile, I'm going to get a refund rather than travel 40 miles to only watch one band for half an hour or so.
Darkweasel

Postby Immortalicide on Fri May 04, 2007 11:55 am

Darkweasel wrote:JB's rang me back and said it would still be going ahead with Susperia as the headliner, and there are plans to bring in another act (no idea who, but my guess would be a local band).
But from what I could gather, not many tickets had been sold anyway, so as much as I like Evile, I'm going to get a refund rather than travel 40 miles to only watch one band for half an hour or so.

same here im afraid. No disrespect to Evile, but its a big round trip for me!!! :cry:
Immortalicide

Postby thrash metal maniac on Fri May 04, 2007 1:04 pm

Darkweasel wrote:I'm going to get a refund rather than travel 40 miles to only watch one band for half an hour or so.

I may sound like a spaz, but how do I go about getting a refund? This has never happened to me before and I'm kinda skint now so I could do with the money back like....
thrash metal maniac

Postby Immortalicide on Fri May 04, 2007 1:13 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:I'm going to get a refund rather than travel 40 miles to only watch one band for half an hour or so.

I may sound like a spaz....

its never worried you before :lol:
Immortalicide

Postby Darkweasel on Fri May 04, 2007 4:22 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:

I may sound like a spaz, but how do I go about getting a refund? This has never happened to me before and I'm kinda skint now so I could do with the money back like....

I just rang them up and asked them. Said that I'd only bought the ticket for Onslaught and they were happy to refund. They'll just tell you to send the tickets back.
Darkweasel

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Fri May 04, 2007 4:35 pm

Bollocks :doh:
The Fourth Norseman

Postby mattevile on Fri May 04, 2007 5:20 pm

tonights gig in sheffield has been cancelled, people who were planning to go should contact the venue for refund details.

apologies to everyone who was planning to see onslaught, susperia and us in sheffield, theres nothing we can do!

just hope sy gets through surgery alright.........
mattevile

Postby MartinC on Fri May 04, 2007 5:34 pm

Unlucky.
MartinC

Postby Immortalicide on Fri May 04, 2007 7:38 pm

My girlfriend is a dispensing optician, and ive just chatted to her, she says that a detatched retina is pretty serious, and in the least it is likely to stop him headbanging if he doesn't want to risk it happening again, and if it does, its likely to be even worse :shock:
Immortalicide

Postby evil steve on Fri May 04, 2007 11:50 pm

It was still a good gig at rio's though-apart from Susperia-Yuck!!!!!!!Full credit to Onslaught for giving it a go though.And Matt singing for Onslaught was well cool-shame he didnt no more songs!Could this be the start of a new thrash "supergroup"- EVILAUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
evil steve