Welcome to UK Thrash!

New Seasick Steve album

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

New Seasick Steve album

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Does anyone listen to Seasick Steve? Imagine Jeff Bridges in a True Grit/Crazy Heart combobulation of roles and that's how amazing Steve is. He's got a new album that's just come out called 'You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks' and it's cool and great. Listen to it somehow, on Spotify, Youtube, iTunes, maybe even buy the CD, but for goodness sake, whatever you do, please listen to it.

Look at how cool he is:

That's what I'm fucking talking about.
jonny_boy34

Re: New Seasick Steve album

Postby Immortalicide on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:39 am

I ve only heard the title track and its really good, better than anything on the last album i think! Ill have to invest in it pretty soon!!
Immortalicide

Postby Immortalicide on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 am

Immortalicide

Postby STD_Caps on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Was a little underwhelmed with 'I Started Out with Nothing...', some good songs but not brilliant. Have heard good things about this album and I do like the title track. Will very likely pick this up soon.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 pm

The last album Man From Another Time was great, and better than I Started Out With Nothing I think (those are the only 2 Steve albums I own). There was a lovely little song called 'Dark' which was so wonderful and nice, I remember him playing it at Glastonbury and it was fucking fucking fucking amazing. This new album sounds really good, well it's kind of just more of the same really, but you wouldn't want it to be any different, a bit like AC/DC or Motorhead. But it is good, cracking stuff. I'll probably buy a copy rather soon indeed.
jonny_boy34