Welcome to UK Thrash!

sabbath wars

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

sabbath wars

Postby Bongwater on Fri May 29, 2009 4:15 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=120981

geez, its not like he is short of a few sheckles, sorry John, you had your day but you sold your stupid crack head family to the masses via MTVEEEEEE
Bongwater

Re: sabbath wars

Postby James on Fri May 29, 2009 5:53 pm

How could he be such a dick? The spirit of heavy metal clearly died in him a long time ago. :(
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Creeping Dan on Fri May 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Ahh, i was reading about things leading up to this in the week but i never thought itd come to this. Bad man Ozzy. I dont understand this prince of darkness stuff. The Ozzy era Sabbath was just some good stoner and doom stuff going down, theres nothing that... dark? about it at all. Silly Ozzy.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby James on Fri May 29, 2009 6:03 pm

I think you would have thought differently in the early '70s Dan...
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Atom on Fri May 29, 2009 6:06 pm

Fuck Ozzy. Never thought I'd say that but there is only so much a man can take!

Toni>>>Ozzy
Atom

Postby Creeping Dan on Fri May 29, 2009 6:14 pm

James wrote:I think you would have thought differently in the early '70s Dan...

I guess so!

I wonder how much Sharon has to do with this? :wall:
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby jonny_boy34 on Fri May 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Jesus christ, this is ridiculous. I've had enough of Ozzy now, I don't ever want to see a Black Sabbath reunion anymore (and by the sounds of things we won't anyway now!).
jonny_boy34

Postby VirusDave on Fri May 29, 2009 8:21 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:Jesus christ, this is ridiculous. I've had enough of Ozzy now, I don't ever want to see a Black Sabbath reunion anymore (and by the sounds of things we won't anyway now!).

Im sure there will be a reunion once they all need new swimming pools!
VirusDave

Postby blacktears on Fri May 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Sadly, I think the whole move is being instigated by Sharon Osbourne, who is a total shark if there ever was one! She's a chip off her old block father, Don Arden (the proclaimed "Al Capone of Pop") who was well known for terrorizing the 60s and early 70s music scene with his heavy hand management tactics and illegal business practices.

Since she got her claws into Ozzy in 1979, things have gone from bad to worse. The whole Osbourne's show thing was her idea, as was re-recording the bass/drum parts on the re-issues of the 1st two Ozzy albums, just so that Bob Daisley & Lee Kerslake didn't get any royalties or acknowledgement.

Ozzy is a pain in the arse, for sure, but she is far from the public persona she portrays. Of course, there has always been an ego struggle between Ozzy & Tony, even back to the early days, so this has been brewing for a long time.
"Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras"
blacktears

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sat May 30, 2009 11:53 am

Ridiculous. How can he claim that he should own quarter of the Black Sabbath name when he's the one who fucked up and got fired from the band halfway through their career! And am I right in saying that he hardly wrote any of the lyrics, and Geezer wrote them? If so, this is even more ridiculous.
jonny_boy34

Postby Dian Wei on Sat May 30, 2009 2:23 pm

What a load of shit, i hope he gets told to fuck off.

That bloody woman needs to be put down.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby blacktears on Sat May 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Yeah, Geezer Butler did write most of the lyrics, apart from on "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" - which Ozzy wrote mostly on his own.

There's no doubt that Tony Iommi has issues as well though. My best mate, who is in his 50s, has been a major Sabs fan since 1970 and he took his records to get signed by the members of Sabbath in the 80s, whilst Dio was in the band. Iommi flatly refused to sign any that had Ozzy's name on it. In the end, he got annoyed and got one of his minders to manhandle my mate out of the way.

So, it is not just Ozzy with ego problems.
blacktears

Postby Dian Wei on Sat May 30, 2009 2:31 pm

If i was in Black Sabbath I'd likely let it go to my head a little as well.

Still it's a shame to see it come down to money, it ruins so much in music.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby blacktears on Sat May 30, 2009 3:35 pm

One thing that does annoy me is how hard done by Sabbath fans are. Whilst other big name bands get retrospective sets released with tonnes of session/demo material included, full live sets, etc., Sabbath fans have received jack shit.

It is only in recent times, with a DCD set of archive live material, and extras on the new original Sabbath reissues, that us fans have had anything to shout about.

This was Iommi putting the kybosh on it. Then again, all the members have separate management & legal teams and coming to a decision about releasing such material is a minefield.
blacktears