Welcome to UK Thrash!

for Metal Ian - why kiss?

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:05 pm

Immortalicide wrote:
Metal Iain wrote:. Which dictionary did you use? You should probably have used a credible encyclopaedia but my money is on The Urban Dictionary or Wikipedia.

Erm.... you aint quite got my sense of humour yet buddy, like i really got that from a dictionary :lol:

Erm, if that was meant to be humorous then you really need to stop watching Friends man.
Metal Iain

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:06 pm

phodg wrote:Not a chance. I saw Kiss at Donington in 88 also and they were terrible.

Yes, but did you see KISS in 1976?
Metal Iain

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:08 pm

Bangover wrote:
The Fourth Norseman wrote:
Immortalicide wrote:
Metal Iain wrote:Why do I like KISS?

The real question is how can anybody not like KISS!

They were one of the tightest bands of the 1970s and had one of the most influential guitar players of all time. I mean, the self-titled début through to Love Gun are some of the most consistently brilliant Rock albums of the 1970s. In my opinion, KISS are up there with Deep Purple, Van Halen and ZZ Top as one of the best bands from the 1970s but are over-looked because idiots insist on listening to Black Sabbath.

They're also the most OTT band ever. I mean, Gene Simmons used to hold a torch to his face and spit kerosene. I mean, people go on about Ozzy biting the head off of rubber bats. PAH! Gene Simmons set his head on fire! KISS are so good that Bruce Kulick survived a bullet to the head. Had he not played in KISS he undoubtedly would have met his untimely demise.

The problem with people here (apart from them being too stuck-up to give a lot of things a chance) is that they fail to separate 1973 - 1977-era KISS from the post-solo album stuff. Sure, the majority of the '80s-era KISS is wank but I can't think of many bands other than Queen whose output in the '80s could get close to touching their '70s stuff.

KISS RULE! THRASH SUCKS!

:rockdevil:

Hmmmmm, so gene could blow flames onstage?? Dont make the music any better tho!!

By the way it was a real bat ozzy bit the head off, and people insist on listening to sabbath because they piss on kiss from a chuffin great height! FACT. I just looked up kiss in the dictionary and it says this : Much overrated american rock band whose name has become synonymous in recent years with highly inflated egos and a desire to appear pompous and self gratuitous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sabbath own kiss

Sabbath do own kiss...lot's

However Kiss are good IMO but Gene Simmons cash grabbing greedyness ruined most of their credibility

How so?

KISS have been cash-oriented from the get-go but it didn't stop them from making 5 or 6 classic albums.
Metal Iain

Postby Bangover on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:20 pm

Metal Iain wrote:
Bangover wrote:
The Fourth Norseman wrote:
Immortalicide wrote:
Metal Iain wrote:Why do I like KISS?

The real question is how can anybody not like KISS!

They were one of the tightest bands of the 1970s and had one of the most influential guitar players of all time. I mean, the self-titled début through to Love Gun are some of the most consistently brilliant Rock albums of the 1970s. In my opinion, KISS are up there with Deep Purple, Van Halen and ZZ Top as one of the best bands from the 1970s but are over-looked because idiots insist on listening to Black Sabbath.

They're also the most OTT band ever. I mean, Gene Simmons used to hold a torch to his face and spit kerosene. I mean, people go on about Ozzy biting the head off of rubber bats. PAH! Gene Simmons set his head on fire! KISS are so good that Bruce Kulick survived a bullet to the head. Had he not played in KISS he undoubtedly would have met his untimely demise.

The problem with people here (apart from them being too stuck-up to give a lot of things a chance) is that they fail to separate 1973 - 1977-era KISS from the post-solo album stuff. Sure, the majority of the '80s-era KISS is wank but I can't think of many bands other than Queen whose output in the '80s could get close to touching their '70s stuff.

KISS RULE! THRASH SUCKS!

:rockdevil:

Hmmmmm, so gene could blow flames onstage?? Dont make the music any better tho!!

By the way it was a real bat ozzy bit the head off, and people insist on listening to sabbath because they piss on kiss from a chuffin great height! FACT. I just looked up kiss in the dictionary and it says this : Much overrated american rock band whose name has become synonymous in recent years with highly inflated egos and a desire to appear pompous and self gratuitous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sabbath own kiss

Sabbath do own kiss...lot's

However Kiss are good IMO but Gene Simmons cash grabbing greedyness ruined most of their credibility

How so?

KISS have been cash-oriented from the get-go but it didn't stop them from making 5 or 6 classic albums.

I didn't say it makes them bad, just that their attempts at getting $$ makes some feel that they prefer the $$ and fame to the music.

If anyone has seen the program 'Simmons Family jewels' Gene Simmons does take it too far by Trying to make a Kiss town etc...
Bangover

Postby Thrashface on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:22 pm

To be fair though, i'm sure ozzy and co. are no stranger to the $ either.
Thrashface

Postby demonic-dave on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:30 pm

Metal Iain wrote:
phodg wrote:Not a chance. I saw Kiss at Donington in 88 also and they were terrible.

were you even alive in 76 Metal Iain
demonic-dave

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:38 pm

demonic-dave wrote:
Metal Iain wrote:

were you even alive in 76 Metal Iain

Non, pour quoi?
Metal Iain

Postby phodg on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:27 am

I lost any respect I had for Kiss when they released "I Was Made For Lovin' You", an out-and-out disco record written purely to try and kickstart their careers (which had begun to slide a little bit at that point). Absolute and utter dross.
Still, to each his own. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I listen to that a lot of people hate. :lol:
phodg

Postby Metal Iain on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:34 am

phodg wrote:I lost any respect I had for Kiss when they released "I Was Made For Lovin' You", an out-and-out disco record written purely to try and kickstart their careers (which had begun to slide a little bit at that point). Absolute and utter dross.
Still, to each his own. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I listen to that a lot of people hate. :lol:

See, I don't disagree with you here. I'm not the biggest fan of KISS post-1978. People say how overrated KISS are but if anything KISS between '73 and '78 are underrated.
Metal Iain

Postby James on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:46 am

terrorizer wrote:I like Kiss.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Sherry on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:07 am

I don't think anyone would dispute their quest for the mighty dollar,

but taken with a huge pinch of salt and a tongue in cheek

they are great fun.

... and I was around in 1976 :eyes:
Sherry

Postby hyder on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:14 am

I agree with Iain. Kiss are pretty much better than everything
Thrash is shite, listen to Take That you fucking dicks
hyder

Postby keith_amok on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 pm

hyder wrote:I agree with Iain. Kiss are pretty much better than everything

I dunno if you are being sarcastic or not but i thot you hated Kiss? Has iain worked his magic on you? :dance:
Come to the THRASH ISLAND!!!!!!!!

SCOTTISH THRASH METAL - http://www.facebook.com/#!/amokscotland
keith_amok

Postby demonic-dave on Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Sherry wrote:
... and I was around in 1976 :eyes:

yeah but you're older than most of us here. :lol: :lol:

I was around in 76 but was only a very small child then, i had never even heard of the band kiss then
demonic-dave

Postby hyder on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:23 pm

keith_amok wrote:
hyder wrote:I agree with Iain. Kiss are pretty much better than everything

I dunno if you are being sarcastic or not but i thot you hated Kiss? Has iain worked his magic on you? :dance:

No sarcasm, I took the plunge and its rather nice
Thrash is shite, listen to Take That you fucking dicks
hyder