Welcome to UK Thrash!

Pitiful Reign / Damnas / Amok @ The Snooty Fox, Sat Nov 8th!

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Pitiful Reign / Damnas / Amok @ The Snooty Fox, Sat Nov 8th!

Postby Atom on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:18 pm

zykloned wrote:I'll see what the score is with us lot going up, if theres space I'll let ya know!

I can't wait for this blaady gig, waaa!

Lemme come wiv.
Atom

Postby zykloned on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:28 pm

I'll know on Wed what the score is, but if Jamie or anyone else with a car is up for driving, then it will be a seriously cool fucking trip up north!!!
zykloned

Postby Josh_reign on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Party at mine in leeds afterwards? its only 12miles away :rockdevil:
Josh_reign

Postby Creeping_Dave on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:21 pm

There's a chance a might be coming to this gig now. So it'd better be good..
Creeping_Dave

Postby zykloned on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:03 pm

Ooo it'll all swing on that..!
zykloned

Postby keith_amok on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:33 pm

Gonna be a good larf. Hope to see a few of your fine heads there!
Come to the THRASH ISLAND!!!!!!!!

SCOTTISH THRASH METAL - http://www.facebook.com/#!/amokscotland
keith_amok

Postby meluaz on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:50 pm

wah, i really wanna come, wanna see pr soo bad! but all will be well when they come to london,
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby zykloned on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:00 am

Had a great time! Unfortunately we had a few technical problems (sigh) but all the bands were awesome! I was really impressed with Amok again and PR were tight as a nuns.

Thanks to PR for putting us on and helping us out with the pedal problems / lending gear!
zykloned

Postby meluaz on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:29 am

im sure u got laid despite the technical problems faraz
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:35 pm

that gig/weekend was amazing.
it was my first road trip lovely tour and a great experience.thanks a billion to all of Damnas.

the journey to and from wakefield was rather long but passed by in no time with weed,beer,metal,laughs,me being sick on the way back as a kebeb,a burger and a fry up were all consumed within 7 hours,and last but not least...farts:mine were noisy but someones elses who shall remain nameless were fiendishly foul.

enough tomfoolery,now about the gig:firstly the venue was real cosy and pretty state of the art with filming gear/t.v's airing the live set etc.
prices were unbeleivably amazing value.mostly £2-£2.75.BARGAINS!!!! londons barmonsta would pack out the place if only they charged prices as cool as this.
the first local band Hades Aperture kicked things off smoothly.

Amok were on next and were fucking amazing.i had heard the bangers and thrash comp Amok track ages back.with them being from scotland i hadnt seen/heard them play before.this opportunity was a really surprising treat and they possibly have some of the "catchiest" tracks ever.i couldnt help but headbang along although i was stood a bit further back by the bar.i didnt know what to expect from Amok so it was soooo cool to be that moved by a band i had previoulsy known minimal info about.i bought their 8track c.d straight after and it rocks.check out thier myspace and BUY IT!

next up of course it was the "southern so and so's"(there were so many different accents all in one place :lol: )
Damnas belted out thier set and put on a good show,as Faraz mentioned there was minor hiccups but the crowd patiently endured to enjoy the rest of the set to the full.Donny was sporting his sexy luminous green/yellow dungaree style outfit.

then the headliner Pitiful Reign and they "Reigned" supreme,with a wicked set of old and new material.there was such an energetic presence about them and a real party thrash vibe from the crowd.they played a tight set and did an encore with Toxic Choke.
i bought thier album at last(as amazon keeps selling out,you can see why)the album is class and so the freebie bottle opener was a nice touch.i hadnt seen them since last october so this gig really bought home to me how amazing they are live so i hope they visit london really soon.its be cool to see them play purple turtle/underworld.

overall a great night and a cool venue.the only minor changes the club could make would be to set the tables/chairs a little further back from the stage(so theres room for potential mini pits) and to possibly bracket mount a few camcorders on the pillar/far wall to save cameramen dominating the floorspace as i had to keep watching for wires and i hit my head 3times on video cameras/cameramens arms/elbows.i understand they wanna capture the essence and they have cool equipment,its just a little awkward to manouvre as a crowdmember/fan.

anyway the stay over at a friend of Johns(who he knew from his leeds uni/college days)was top notch luxuries.
also letting off my "demon detonator" firework over by some flats without the launcher(so it stays put instead of taking off)was rather hilarious as it "kaboomed" the streets of wakefield just after the gig finished.

shame i forgot my camera for the fun and frolics :( but hey it was a really memorable time.

on a side note,when we were hanging outside the club between sets,a taxi pulled up over the road and a man got out wearing none other than a pair of classic legendary adidas popper trousers :doh:
they are so behind up north,almost a decade or so,bless em :lol:
Last edited by radioactive rik on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby thrashduck on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:41 pm

radioactive rik wrote:i didnt know what to expect from Amok so it was soooo cool to be that moved by a band i had previoulsy known very little about.

Amok - "moving"

Haha, yeah they were good live when I saw em in London... and watch your Northern comments Rik.. or I'll unleash my whippet on you. (not a sexual day)
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:49 pm

thrashduck wrote:
Haha, yeah they were good live when I saw em in London... and watch your Northern comments Rik.. or I'll unleash my whippet on you. (not a sexual day)

what if i was to say "alright cock"? you should apparently be fine with it as i learnt its a northern term.
also i couldnt escape the terms "ay up", "owt"and "nowt".what a lazy way of talking.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby thrashduck on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:52 pm

The last three are textbook, we don't really say "alright cock" around my (private) parts..

God, I'm better at puns than you!
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:55 pm

thrashduck wrote:
God, I'm better at puns than you!

:-k
check the shoutbox and see the master at work.
ImageImage
radioactive rik