Welcome to UK Thrash!

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:25 pm

Not sure if a thread has been made about this already, but this is going to be pretty awesome I think...

http://theguitarbuzz.com/cds-dvds/black ... ck-review/
jonny_boy34

Re: BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION

Postby Mazz on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:50 am

I have heard a track on Planet Rock. I will say nothing until Jon has heard it.
"...maybe we'll play some twister and do some breakdancing?"

http://www.myspace.com/groanuk
http://www.myspace.com/ratzzzass
Mazz

Postby Immortalicide on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:47 pm

There was a special on planet rock yesterday previewing the album, and it was pretty good. Joe Bonamasa is not a bad guitarist at all, but as to if id actually buy this, i dont know!!
Immortalicide

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Song of Yesterday was the track I listened to (on that link I put up), and I thought it was pretty ruddy brilliant. I heard another song (can't remember the title, something about a Revolution) which was pretty groovy. It seems there's a few long jams of rock on there, which sounds really marvellous to me, I'm pretty quite highly rather excited.
jonny_boy34

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 pm

The album came into my joyous life today, and it's pretty rockin' so far, five tracks in. I'm enjoying the rockin' groovin' feel and Glen Hughes' slightly annoying but absolutely mad vocals. It's not absolutely amazing so far, but it is very highly enjoyable, and it's just bloody nice to have a new release of some classic good rockin' and jammin'. In fact it's about bloody time someone released an album like this and made an album of proper music instead of trying to be a stupid nostalgic soulless rip-off and cash in on better bands' successes. Basically, it makes Airbourne sound like stupid idiot dick heads. I now like Keven Shirley very much for getting this band together. Production's pretty damn good too, quite organic and lovely, and shows it's definitely Steve Harris that's making Iron Maiden hilarious, and not Kevin Shirley.
jonny_boy34

Postby STD_Caps on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Bought this yesterday for listening while back in Hospital. Listened to it once so far. Hughes voice is powerful - Cornell was definitely influenced or is comparable. In fact, the first the song first brought to mind Audioslave but not in a really terrible way. Anyway, not sure on the quality of the tracks yet. The Bonamassa vocal tracks (Song of Yesterday and Revolution in Me) are definitely fine songs and the first two songs are good too.

Worthy purchase, needs more listening.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps