Welcome to UK Thrash!

Metal video game covers?

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Metal video game covers?

Postby thrasherdave on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:43 am

Some of you horrible cunts may have seen me post this on Rapebook already, but for the sake of it...

I've been considering doing an album of video game covers for some time - just as a free download thing - for some time now. Long story short, I want opinions and/or requests, no matter how overly ambitious or batshit insane they may be. Currently focusing on SNK, Capcom, Square(Enix) and Arc System Works shit but I've given thought into doing mad bollocks like the themes to Chuck Rock, Killer Instinct etc. too.

Any thoughts on this? Again, all and any requests will be taken into serious consideration. Also, it's probably a fucking shit idea to post this whilst I'm blitzed but basically, fuck off. I've had a few people (read: about fourteen) egg me on to do this so I thought I'd ask you lot aboot it since some of you are bigger gaming nerds than I am.

Also, inb4 HURRR DURR DO BLOODBRAWL/UKTPODCAST EP.5 ETC. FIRST because it's being done. You knobheads.
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Re: Metal video game covers?

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Don't do any Final Fantasy unless you've got keyboards and acoustic guitars, I hate it when people turn amazing pieces of music into silly bollocks metal, unless it's already amazing heavy metal like the Flying Battery Zone from Sonic & Knuckles, or the boss music from FFVII. But for a lovely example, on that Project Chaos thing, they did the Hydrocity Zone music with electric guitars but used a nice keyboard string thing as well and it was great. Just don't forget how important funky soul is. Also, do the final boss music from Sonic 3 (the amazing music for the final final boss with the massive hands, not the normal end-of-level boss music), that's one of the best video game things in the world ever. And the ship level from Streets of Rage 2.

Cheers.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:13 pm

One of the greatest:

The whole idea is pretty pointless and gimmicky in my opinion, but I'm sure you could have some fun with it.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby thrasherdave on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:42 am

Fun and gimmicky is how we want it haha. Jon, it'll mostly (in fact, almost exclusively) be limited to pre-Playstation stuff sowe'll be going for batshit insane stuff like Contra etc. Just for you, I'll pitch the SoR2 ship level to Olly and see what he thinks to it :lol:

Also, holy crap - I must've been like, Stevie Loftin levels of wasted when I made this thread
thrasherdave

Postby GoreBastard on Fri May 27, 2011 4:10 am

James wrote:One of the greatest:

The whole idea is pretty pointless and gimmicky in my opinion, but I'm sure you could have some fun with it.

Aww man, I am halfway through making a drum track for a cover of one of the Terran tunes. Terran Theme 3, the shortest of their tunes. If I ever get round to finishing it, I'll post it up here. Starcraft was fucking awesome, I was playing it the other night. I wish I could afford a new PC so I could play SC 2.
GoreBastard

Postby thrasherdave on Fri May 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Totally forgot about this until a few days ago. Olly and myself are having a natter about it later on toay to see what we may (or may not) do - good news for Mr. Kushner, that Streets of rage 2 track is a thumbs up :lol:
thrasherdave

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 pm

The terran tune does sound like a good idea. I think you should have a go at that Dave.
Some people call them demons. I call them bitches.
TurboHyperUltraMega