Welcome to UK Thrash!

London Based Thrash Metal Band Need Singer!!!

Chat about playing musical instruments

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

London Based Thrash Metal Band Need Singer!!!

Postby Thrashlikeits86 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Hey guys...im from the band Bangover and we are a London based thrash metal band, currently recording our first EP.

Unfortunately our singer decided to join the serbian circus and marry a postbox, so we now need someone to fill his relatively small shoes.

There are currently 3 of us - guitar, bass and drums. Im the guitarist (names Jack y'all) and im based in Kingston-upon-Thames. We practice at Survival Studios in North Acton and also (less frequently) The Peel in Kingston. Our influences include Slayer, Evile, Exodus, Municipal Waste, Gama Bomb, Overkill, Anthrax...usual shit

I work in Brighton 5 days a week as I have sold my soul to the corporate world so I only get weekends to play and we usually practice once every 2/3 weeks.

We are looking for someone who has a good sense of humour and is laid back, but at the same time is reliable as we cant practice as often as most bands (pretty idealistic I know). Its also vital that you can actually sing - we arnt a death metal band where you can just shout like your shitting your pants or trying to scare a child - the bands i mention above are examples of what we want (not really singing as such I know, but you get what I mean). Also, ive been laying a fuck load of guitar tracks down on the EP weve been doing so if you can play guitar as well thats a MASSIVE bonus.

We also want someone from the age of about 17-23 as thats near enough to our current age range. I think ive written too much but yeah we are really pleased with the way our EPs going and we wanna make sure that the vocals are spot on

Here is a short preview of one of our tracks. We have more available if you want to listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtWcw9hx ... e=youtu.be

And on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/bangoverUK
Thrashlikeits86

Re: London Based Thrash Metal Band Need Singer!!!

Postby Thrasher1988 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Any luck on this jack?
Thrasher1988

Postby Thrashlikeits86 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Nah none so far :(

Me and Fionn are gonna switch the vocals during songs, like verse each, chorus together sort of thing. Im hoping it comes out ok on the EP.

I thought finding a vocalist would be easy - so many people fancy themselves as a front man, but not in this case. I put an ad on gumtree and put it all over facebook as well.

Im no good at playin thrash and singing but ill have to adapt!
Thrashlikeits86

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Its harder than finding a drummer!
Some people call them demons. I call them bitches.
TurboHyperUltraMega

Postby thrash metal maniac on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Do it yourself!!!
thrash metal maniac

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:42 pm

We've decided to now!
Some people call them demons. I call them bitches.
TurboHyperUltraMega

Postby Thrashlikeits86 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:10 pm

exclamation mark!
Thrashlikeits86

Postby Atom on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:06 am

Thrashlikeits86 wrote:Unfortunately our singer decided to join the serbian circus and marry a postbox, so we now need someone to fill his relatively small shoes.

Hahaha!
Atom