Welcome to UK Thrash!

The UK Thrash Homepage

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: The UK Thrash Homepage

Postby thrash metal maniac on Mon May 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Resilience Records wrote:Yeah the calendar was a bit of a flop before, but i like the idea of a myspace style list that anyone can add to

buttttt, there would then be problems with spam and people TYPING STooPIDLY... which wld mAke it luk shitz!

would probs need modding tbh
thrash metal maniac

Postby James on Mon May 04, 2009 4:09 pm

Haha I've just remembered the Thrash Map - that was chaos!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Resilience Records on Mon May 04, 2009 4:16 pm

James wrote:Haha I've just remembered the Thrash Map - that was chaos!

oh man!! that was amazing, BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby thrash metal maniac on Mon May 04, 2009 4:17 pm

I loved the thrash map

good times
thrash metal maniac

Postby thrasherdave on Mon May 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Craig wrote:What I had in mind for the front page is generally getting more people on the forum involved with writing the main site content and replacing the current "Articles" section (which to be fair is pretty neglected and crap) with more of a blog-style setup where forum users can write their own articles and get them published to the site. The end result should really be more of an online zine or blog.

Do we have any volunteers for UKThrash bloggers? People who have written blogs / editorial content / articles before are ideal, but as long as you can write properly structured prose it shouldn't be much of a problem. In terms of article length, a couple of hundred words should suffice.

I'm up for that mang.
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby thrashduck on Mon May 04, 2009 5:27 pm

YEAH THE MAP THE MAPPPPPPPPPPP!

All good ideas, I think blogging is probably the way forward too, as the home page is just a bit meeeehhhh at the moment, yeah.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Resilience Records on Mon May 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Yes the more blogged idea has grown on me already, the more its been discussed. i can imagine a blabbermouth vibe to it...? but not with the shit content!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby thrashduck on Mon May 04, 2009 5:45 pm

We've already got willing blabberbashers, hooray!

Haha, bashers.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby origamikid on Mon May 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Craig wrote:What I had in mind for the front page is generally getting more people on the forum involved with writing the main site content and replacing the current "Articles" section (which to be fair is pretty neglected and crap) with more of a blog-style setup where forum users can write their own articles and get them published to the site. The end result should really be more of an online zine or blog.

Do we have any volunteers for UKThrash bloggers? People who have written blogs / editorial content / articles before are ideal, but as long as you can write properly structured prose it shouldn't be much of a problem. In terms of article length, a couple of hundred words should suffice.

yea man I am more then up for that! Plenty of writing exp myself and had a blog running for a while! Dont be confused by my awful spelling on here...it all comes together when it needs to ;) lol

But yea as always more then happy to help out with news/articles etc... or anything else!

I do like the homepage, but i think maybe it needs to be adapted a little. Like the zine and any dvd or big thrash events (FTA, Winter wonder assault, Metal brew etc...) should be front paged... but then also space for some proper news round ups or articles would be nice. In regards to bands signing up, maybe that code should be a little bigger to have your band signed up or remove it and say you can only get your bands posted if you have made say...5 or 10 posts?? That way you can potentially draw in the bands, they will get tht self promotion crap outa the way in say 2 or 3 posts, and then spend the rest hopefully getting involved!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon May 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Reviews!

There should definitely be a bloody review section on the main website. Not like the section on the forum that doesn't really get used, but a bit on the real site, where people either from here or anywhere else send in reviews of the latest UK Thrash releases. That would be a marvellous way of keeping people informed of what bands are up to recording-wise at the moment. They could be proof-read or approved by James and Craig maybe, to make sure they are grammatically nice and wonderful, and be put up in a nice little section.
jonny_boy34

Postby meluaz on Mon May 04, 2009 6:55 pm

what was the thrash map ?
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby thrash metal maniac on Mon May 04, 2009 6:57 pm

And would tie in with some sort of band release news thing like I was saying!

Also would maybe encourage bands to send their stuff out to people for reviewing
thrash metal maniac

Postby Dian Wei on Mon May 04, 2009 11:52 pm

I don't think there has really been a bad idea thus far, as ever i am more than willing to do anything to help!
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Tue May 05, 2009 4:14 pm

I'd be up for doing the odd cd/live review.

Personally i think Martin and Lev should co-write a monthly blog and just be allowed to run riot on various topics. Kinda like a Peter Griffin 'What Grinds My Gears' segment.

Seriously.
http://www.myspace.com/letemburn666 - Enrich your life and eardrums.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue May 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Both too predictable. Martin will say, "waaa ive got a fit girlfriend and im the best."
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan