Welcome to UK Thrash!

Terrorizer UK Thrash Feature

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:54 pm

But you've not been gigging and been supporting the Uk underground scene........
lyallthomas

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:54 pm

No way james, its the most exciting thread there has been. We'll only dispute the same stuff in another thread
lyallthomas

Postby BEER CAN on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:55 pm

yes please lock this fucking thread!!!!! please!!!!
BEER CAN

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:56 pm

yeah its a bit of a joke TBH
The Fourth Norseman

Postby thrash metal maniac on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:56 pm

Guys, there's a thread in the General Chat section somewhere called Flaming Death I think... maybe you should do all the flaming in there??? :dance:
thrash metal maniac

Postby James on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:57 pm

lyallthomas wrote:No way james, its the most exciting thread there has been.

Someone hasn't visited the Gerbils thread...
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby demonic-dave on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:06 pm

If you lock this thread then they will move their slagging matches to other parts of the forum.
demonic-dave

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:13 pm

Yes it needs to be isolated. Like smallpox.
The Fourth Norseman

Postby thrash metal maniac on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:26 pm

demonic-dave wrote:If you lock this thread then they will move their slagging matches to other parts of the forum.

4thNorseman wrote:Yes it needs to be isolated. Like smallpox.

Hence my post, up a bit....
thrash metal maniac

Postby EvileOL on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:28 pm

this is just a match of opinions, no one can win because everyone has a different one.

I say lock, it's gone off topic anyway.
EvileOL

Postby Bauul on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi... Can I just quickly slip in between all the shit flinging and say what a good article it was, and how much I enjoyed reading it. Shame there wasn't room for more bands, but I think as a general cross section of the most happening bands in the scene at the moment it was bang on.

It was a lovely surprise to see it on the shelves, took me totally by surprise. Best thing in the mag by a mile, but I haven't read the rest of it yet so I don't know to be honest. Lol.

As for Heretic, personally I quite like having a dark horse of the scene (if you don't mind me labeling the band as such), adds some spice and flavour to the precedings. And you know, Martin is right, disagreement results in progress far faster than agreement does, just look at what advances were made during the world wars as oppose to in between them. All in all, bravo to everyone involved!
Fear, Hate, Death and a Bunny with really pointy teeth.
Bauul

Postby The Rash on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Bought the magazine today!
Awesome work Ian =D> I found it informative and well written, so despite all this banter it was definitely worth the effort.
The Rash

Postby STD_Caps on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:59 pm

Ill tell you lot one huge reason why critisism is important, especially in a magazine article that many people can see.....and thats- why should bands (any bands im talking about, of any genre) get away with releasing and achieving praise for mediocrity?!?! How can we expect music to grow and be better and bands to get better, if we praise them for rubbish? Or praise them because its 'alright', and theres nothing better. What complete nonsense. Like you guys, we are all entitled to our own opinion. So if we say we dont like something, you've no right to say theres no place for it.

You wont catch terrorizer or any other magazine saying somethings great if its not, just because a band will be better off from praise - they wont be better - theyll limit themselves to next to no fans, and next to no money. We were playing thrash like Evile and alike for years, i have about 10 songs on a par with them, completely 80's influenced and like sounding....we released 5 of them....and got completely panned by critics, one being zero tolerance magazine!! For not having our own sound, for being too 80's sounding.....

We didnt cry about it and go 'waaa why wont they help us out, it doesnt help us or the scene to be like that waaaa'. We said, ok then.....good job we are continuing to siv out the shit old sounding stuff and our writing is progressing into something more original and new and different. And we dropped the old songs.....because we couldn't get better playing that stuff. We needed the critque to get to where we are today. YOU'RE NOT GOOD UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE SAYS U ARE, AND THE MORE IMPORTANT AND 'IN THE KNOW' FIGURE THAT IS, THE BETTER!!

So my problem with it is......we did it. And were as catchy as Evile, and for the people that mattered (Magazines, critics, people who've been in the business for years and make the important decisions) it wasnt good enough. Heretic have been working our arses off, myself for 5 years now to get to a place of appreciation, and we are finally getting it. And like martin says, theres bands getting there by buttering people up instead. Its sickening and INSULTING TO US, who work hard to play the music we want to play.

Oh and by the way, we were featured in the Terrorizer article COZ WE'RE FUCKING GOOD!!!

I have to say, a lot of tis doesn't sound unreasonable. Why should every band on here like thrash as a restrictive genre? Furthermore, why should a band keep their opnions to themselves? The Heretic contribution to the mag was bang on it. It revealed their 'no bullshit' mentality and their harsh/humorous side, it then mentions their own take on thrash (or not thrash, whatever, I still think it's fucking good) and their views on progression in music and this scene. What did you want? A complete change of tact? You'd have to be a complete moron to expect it OR desire it.

Any scene as it's wheat and chaff. All scenes will have their confrontational types. Deal with it. If these bands are as good as we truly believe they will survive one dude bad-mouthing them on a website. Heretic, as am I, as are you, are enititled to have opinions and to express them.

So here's an opinion: Lyall you may think that your 80s rip-off efforts were of the same quality of Evile's music but other people clearly disagree. Evile write damn good thrash songs and surpass a lot of efforts from earlier bands who are now cult idols. And Amok fucking rule. I really like what they do. As for bands I'm not so keen on, I'll keep it to myself unless I think I have something constructive to say. But that's just me.

At the end of the day, it was a quality article and you'd have to be demented to think Heretic's involvement was a hinderance to the scene. I hope this is the start of a good relationship between UKThrash and Terrorizer.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:48 pm

I probably shudnt have said nething because people will probably ask for mine and the bands old thrash songs if i keep saying theyre as good..... I mean ''as good''....what i mean is, theyre no different. no more imaginative, creative, catchy etc etc

But at least somebody finally fucking agrees
lyallthomas

Postby Bangover on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:04 pm

boovidge wrote:
jonny_boy34 wrote:Image

:lol: it looks like he's just said something to that girl

it looks like he just saw up that girls skirt and is looking away very pleased with himself and cant wait to go and tell someone.

:wink:
Bangover