Welcome to UK Thrash!

RINGWORM / RIVER FRESHNEY... DOYLES LAST SHOW... 20th JAN!!!

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

RINGWORM / RIVER FRESHNEY... DOYLES LAST SHOW... 20th JAN!!!

Postby Lee4 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:37 pm

The Underworld, Camden - Tues 20th January... Hardcore and Thrash...
Ringworm (USA) - Amazing... one of our main influences...
Kingdom (USA)
Bishop (USA)
River Freshney
Hang The Bastard

COME DOWN!!! It's Doyles last show with River Freshney :(
Last edited by Lee4 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee4

Re: RINGWORM / RIVER FRESHNEY / HANG THE BASTARD - 20th JAN

Postby radioactive rik on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:40 pm

hell yeah,just 1 week away.
shame to see Doyle depart but im sure he'll do everyone proud with a wicked final gig performance.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 pm

What the hell bloody fuck, Doyle's leaving?!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!1111

jonny_boy34

Postby Lee4 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:13 am

Yeah he's decided to call it a day... ya never know... maybe he'll return, but he definatly wants a break from the shit.
We will still be playing the booked shows with Wez on vocal duties for now... so we won't be booking anymore as of yet... until we know exactly what we're doing...
The planned split with Nebukadnezza IS still going ahead... we finish recording for it in February hopfully!
...But yeah, come down to this show and make it a special one... you can get your tickets from see tickets or ticket web... not sure how much they are on the door, but come on... DO IT! Make it a special last show!
Saaaafe

Ohh.... here's the flyer:

And for anyone in Nottingham...
Lee4

Re: RINGWORM / RIVER FRESHNEY... DOYLES LAST SHOW... 20th JAN!!!

Postby thrashduck on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Savatage aren't very br00tal haha!
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Lee4 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Yo it's tomorrow night... Come down... It's fattys last show!!!
Nottingham was amazing!
Saaafe
Lee4

Postby radioactive rik on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:24 am

just got home,what a wicked set by River Freshney. there was a solid row of headbangers at the front,a bit of moshing going on,and also a bit of the hardcore style flailing about going on.all in unity!!!

you could truly see that River Freshney had bridged a gap between some thrashers,headbangers and hardcore people because they(the crowd)were all enjoying it together for what it was and not caring about the do and donts of metal because there arent any.
metal is metal.

theres still the odd strictly thrash/HC people ie:"thrash till death" or "never back down" types who still just dont get River Freshney but im sure more eyes will be opened soon enough.River Freshney are wickla!

unfortunately i missed Hang the Bastard's opening set as i was working till 3.30 today(i only just made the R.F set in time)

the other bands i didnt really know much about or check out due to having various catch up/chats with the regulars.mind you,the female vocalist in an american hardcore band caught my attention aaiiiiii! she kinda reminded me of the Walls of Jericho babe.nah,that band was cool though.
the pit was looking pretty volatile by now.

Ringworm were amazing and by now the pit was literally in full swing and very lethal ...lets just say there was a lot of male testosterone in there.
after my initial nerves wore off about joining the pit,i just went for it,i had a one man circle pit round the pillar and just did my most full on headbanging with a bit of stomping thrown in accordingly and i actually ended up enjoying it a lot.

also it was cool to see Stevedot 2 at this gig,what a lovely surprise.he is a proper trooper.
Last edited by radioactive rik on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Stevedot2 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Yeah this gig was shit. Apart from Hang the Bastard I wasn't turned on by any of the bands. And the fact that everything about hardcore pisses me off didn't help. Best part of the night was kfc followed by talking to Rik and listening to his brilliant phone story.
Stevedot2

Postby radioactive rik on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Stevedot2 wrote:Yeah this gig was shit. Apart from Hang the Bastard I wasn't turned on by any of the bands. And the fact that everything about hardcore pisses me off didn't help. Best part of the night was kfc followed by talking to Rik and listening to his brilliant phone story.

out of interest what made you head down to this gig then Steve?
was it just a spur of the moment:lets head into the underworld,thing?
or was it coz you knew i was in there :lol:
im sure you will enjoy the River Freshney set when they play there again with the thrashier line up of Evile,Mutant and Warpath :D
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Stevedot2 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 pm

radioactive rik wrote:
Stevedot2 wrote:Yeah this gig was shit. Apart from Hang the Bastard I wasn't turned on by any of the bands. And the fact that everything about hardcore pisses me off didn't help. Best part of the night was kfc followed by talking to Rik and listening to his brilliant phone story.

out of interest what made you head down to this gig then Steve?
was it just a spur of the moment:lets head into the underworld,thing?
or was it coz you knew i was in there :lol:
im sure you will enjoy the River Freshney set when they play there again with the thrashier line up of Evile,Mutant and Warpath :D

I'm good mate's with the drummer of HTB. So, you know, boyfriend duties, they're a cool band anyway and that was EASILY the best I've ever seen them, they ripped it up and everyone loved it, they'll go far.
Stevedot2

Postby radioactive rik on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:41 pm

oh i see.i just thought you had stumbled in there on the off chance.i think 1 or 2 of HTB know R.Freshney quite well too.
small world.
everyone is connected like a machine,linked by the power of metal :-)
ImageImage
radioactive rik