Welcome to UK Thrash!

Band Profiles

Any comments and/or feedback about the website and forum

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Band Profiles

Postby Lee4 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Righty... I know there used to be a band database on here... which was kinda cool but I'd never use it...

But how about bringing back a bands section... but like the store, bands can edit it themselves.
So you can have a header at the top, a band pic, news, upcoming shows, links to other sites (myspace, twitter etc.) and maybe even a little player? Even if it's just a little mp3 player which has 1 song on it or something. Maybe a bit for you tube videos too... And of course it can have the link straight to the bands uk thrash store too.

But so it doesn't get swamped like the old database, the band has to be approved by the admins (to make sure it's uk thrash and not some other poo poo)

You can have a featured band bit on the bands homepage which swaps around every couple of weeks or whatever... I dunno... there's loads you can do.

What do you think?
Lee4

Re: Band Profiles

Postby Craig on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:37 am

The bands database was always something we planned to bring back - the old area got so clogged with pointless entries that it wasn't really useful any more.

Making a whole system from scratch is a pretty big task - I did the store in about a week of constant coding, and the next time I'm going to have that much spare time is June at the earliest.

Something that we've thought about is trying to create a "Metal Archives" kind of feel, where the band can have their releases reviewed, which can then (somehow) make their way into the main site content as well, with the band's profile being tied to forum members and store accounts.

It's one hell of a big project, so I can't see it happening until at least August, but we'll see how things go :)
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby thrash metal maniac on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 pm

TO get a decent spam/shit-free bands list, perhaps make it so that you can only add a band who've released anything? unless of course they've been killing on the live scene which would be an exception? I dunno just idea-ing :P
thrash metal maniac

Postby thrasherdave on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:14 pm

How about only puting good bands on the database?

... Oh wait..... :lol:

Seriously though, there're so many ideas that could make band's profiles more than just 'name, logo, photo, members, influences, website'. Something to look into at some point for sure.
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby Creeping Dan on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 am

To be honest I wouldn't use it. Metal-Archives is usually the place I'd head too.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan