Welcome to UK Thrash!

Fender Precision Basses

Chat about playing musical instruments

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Fender Precision Basses

Postby Craig on Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:57 pm

What's people's opinions on these? I've been looking at them for a while (albeit because Steve Harris uses them). I love the look of the Active P Bass Special:

(click on it for a hi-res version)

I managed to try out a standard P-bass and a Japanese re-issue at a shop in London over the weekend, they felt really good to play and the range of tone is just incredible.

The Active Special costs £450 so I'll be saving for a while, but if anybody has any opinions of P-basses (good or bad) then it would all help :)
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby Bangover on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:50 pm

Best place to look at reviews/gather opinions on instruments and related items is Here, I use it all the time and i find its a great help.
Bangover

Postby Resilience Records on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:40 am

for metal, and infact nearly anything the fender Jazz bass (and p-basses) are my absolute favourite. put them together with some nice new strings and an Ampeg svt and bloody hell, the best bass sound you could ever wish for.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby thrash metal maniac on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:42 pm

not just the sound, either, they're just fucking hardcore solid basses that will last for fucking ages (unless you smack it on the floor :P), and they have the classic shape, which i think looks great for basses! :D
thrash metal maniac