Welcome to UK Thrash!

Bye-bye Sick to Death

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Bye-bye Sick to Death

Postby STD_Caps on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:21 am

Considering the cavernous silence that has surrounded STD recently, it should come as a surprise to no one that we have gone the way of the last track of The Doors' self-titled debut. We'd like to thank all the bands we played with and all the lovely people who watched us, took photos of us, recorded us, had their drinks knocked over by us (well... by me) and to all the people that saw my nob.

Basically, with our drummer heading back to South Africa we took a bit of a step back, looked at everything and realised we wanted to take a bigger step back. So, Jamie, Hearn and myself will be starting a PROPER HARDCORE project in the vein of earlier Sick to Death but different. It's going to be a casual affair, what with me Resistin Arrest and Jamie in 100 bands and doing five different nights. If anyone knows a drummer who is not really intense and wants to bash some drums for us every now and then, that would be grand.

Rock on. Hope to see y'all at FTA.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Re: Bye-bye Sick to Death

Postby origamikid on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Sucks to hear! Look forward to hearing the new project!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby Resilience Records on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:33 pm

We're dead, but we ain't dead yet, get me!

Thanks also to the supporters and the madmen, and to those who didn't shout "get on with it" when we had our rants.

Already started writing songs for the new band, really looking forward to a step in a new/old direction... get excited!

You'll all see Chris' penis soon, you may even touch it.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby Povey on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Resilience Records wrote:You'll all see Chris' penis soon, you may even touch it.

Thank the lord.
Povey

Postby thrasherdave on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Aww man that sucks! Best of luck with the future though fellas.

Let 'Em Burn, now Sick to death... can't a shit band break up?
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby satanic_goat_christ on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Nooooooooooooooooo
satanic_goat_christ

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Good christ, that was a bit of a shock. Bad news indeed, but then also good news that you're still basically carrying on anyway. So good. Keep up the doodlin'. It would be great to see a return to the old style actually, which was a bit more fun and less confusing, which I imagine would be preferable to many a man then the more sophisticated yet slightly bewildering at times approach you took with Don in the band. A good in between balance would be great. Just don't let the message die! One of the best things about Sick to Death (Caps in particular) was that they were a politically minded band who actually knew what they were talking about - it was a lot more than just 'fuck Bush!!111' or 'war is bad1!!@!@' - as well as being a hilarious lesson in human anatomy, STD shows were also very informative, Caps always seems to know a lot of shit going down that others (well, me anyway) wouldn't know about. A very important thing indeed that not many bands do for fear of not being able to sell records. Just make sure you don't give up for goodness sake!
jonny_boy34