Welcome to UK Thrash!

Elimination new EP - Nightmare Asylum!!! Check it!!!

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Elimination new EP - Nightmare Asylum!!! Check it!!!

Postby EliminationDave on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:50 pm

Sup bouys,
We've just finished the new EP and got a couple of tracks from it on the ol' gay space, if anyone wants to go give em a listen n let us know what they think that'd be phat! If any of you's wanna here any more of the tracks just drop us ur gmail and i'll send you a couple!

http://www.myspace.com/eliminationband
Last edited by EliminationDave on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageChuck Norris has two speeds... Walk, and KILL!!!!!
EliminationDave

Postby Spencer on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:09 am

Sounding great to me, the song Nightmare Asylum is brilliant =D>
Spencer

Postby Tymell on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:33 am

It sounds good to me! :D

Nightmare Asylum itself has a strong classic feel to it, reminds me of good old Maiden quite a bit, with a thrashy lint of course. I love the vocals on Wargames! They're really strong on there and create a great feel. Again, a solid traditional sound.

Can't give much more than that, but I like it a lot, definitely a great addition to UK thrash and I like the old-school style.
Warning: I give as good as I get and see no reason to be sorry for that. If you act like a moron I'll treat you like one.

Oh and fuck UltraBoris of Encyclopedia Metallum. Worst reviewer ever.
Tymell

Postby Resilience Records on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Like the new stuff guys, its got a really cool nwobhm feel to it as well as a really dirty edge (vocals and drumming etc). its a good combo, melody and aggression. i think the production is lacking a bit, but the song writing and playing still comes through well enough, its just not overly enhanced by the production. I'll be interested to hear what direction you guys go with future songs... i'm certainly looking forward to them! keep up the good raging!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby EliminationDave on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Yeah I'll have to agree with ya, we're just swapping around studios at the moment to see what suits us best, the ep's gettin a remix this week which should help, and then we'll go to another studio. Yeah man we're likin that big tinge of NWOBHM in with the Thrash helps broaden things or somethin like that.
EliminationDave

Postby TORSO on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Sounds cool, good job....ill have to grab a copy of your last EP at some point so i can play it on my radio show!
INTO THE REACTOR!
TORSO

Postby EliminationDave on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:10 pm

yeah, well we might be gettin' that one pressed n all so depends if you wanna wait, if not i can just give you a copy, for the production on this one we were aiming for years of decay style
EliminationDave

Postby Will on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks for the cool comments everyone. The mixing on the EP has just been finished so the final versions of Nightmare Asylum and Eliminator are up on the myspace now! Listen to them and let us know what you think.
Will

Postby jonny_boy34 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:01 pm

Not too bad at all. Nightmare Asylum is quite fun, nothing too out of the ordinary but enjoyable nonetheless. I do enjoy the melodic NWOBHM influence, that brings me joy. The thrashy riffs could be a bit more daring though, they just kind of stay safe at the moment, if you know what I mean. I'm trying to avoid using the word 'generic', but that's kind of what comes to mind in places... Still pretty good though. I just crave a bit more excitement. Some really good bits though, the Eliminator has got some really cool ideas in it. I just think it would be much better if you expanded on those cool ideas and did away with the usual thrash riffs that a lot of bands are doing at the moment. But overall, quite lovely.
jonny_boy34

Postby Resilience Records on Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:09 pm

The vocals on the Eliminator are really cool, i can hear some "Sheepdog" influences coming through maybe?! the mix sounds better now too. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the EP.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby MartinC on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:21 pm

I wasn't going to say anything, but then Will moaned about my review, so here's another one:

The Eliminator

I like how this starts with a really long, boring, out-of-time, crappy lead guitar part, because it really sets you up for the plod-a-long riff that follows it. I also like the poor mixing of the vocals, which suddenly become a little bit louder when they realised they were a bit too quiet. The drum fills are spectacular too. I also like the rhyming dictionary approach to lyric writing:

"You never know who to trust - people seem to be filled with lust"

Overall, my favourite thing about this song is how not one riff is actually good at all.

Nightmare Asylum

Surprise, surprise - guitarist feels the need to show everyone he can play lead again by throwing in an uninspired, emotionless piece of crap right from the get go. Oh wait, what's this! It's suddenly gone into an UTTERLY MENTAL THRASH RIFF! THIS IS OFF THE HOOK! I AM HEAD-BASHING LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE!

10/10
MartinC

Postby jonny_boy34 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:42 pm

:lol: I know it's rather harsh, but I found that utterly hilarious.
jonny_boy34

Postby boovidge on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:53 pm

I've got to be honest i don't like it. It's just too pedestrian and predictable.
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby terrorizer on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:05 pm

MartinC wrote:I wasn't going to say anything, but then Will moaned about my review, so here's another one:

The Eliminator

I like how this starts with a really long, boring, out-of-time, crappy lead guitar part, because it really sets you up for the plod-a-long riff that follows it. I also like the poor mixing of the vocals, which suddenly become a little bit louder when they realised they were a bit too quiet. The drum fills are spectacular too. I also like the rhyming dictionary approach to lyric writing:

"You never know who to trust - people seem to be filled with lust"

Overall, my favourite thing about this song is how not one riff is actually good at all.

Nightmare Asylum

Surprise, surprise - guitarist feels the need to show everyone he can play lead again by throwing in an uninspired, emotionless piece of crap right from the get go. Oh wait, what's this! It's suddenly gone into an UTTERLY MENTAL THRASH RIFF! THIS IS OFF THE HOOK! I AM HEAD-BASHING LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE!

10/10

And the cunt of the week goes to... :lol:

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby Bangover on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:06 pm

textbook martin
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover