Welcome to UK Thrash!

Evile- Thrasher music video

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Evile- Thrasher music video

Postby Nestor on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:54 pm

Beria was a very naughty boy.

What do the -dze and -vili suffixes mean? Are they just like 'son of'?

-dze means son of, '-vili means son or daughter of, who knows why!

Getting bck to the evile video, its very professional looking.
Nestor

Postby MartinC on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:58 am

I think the video was quite standard, but still good. The song is called 'Thrasher' and I don't believe the lyrics really deal with anything thematic apart from being a thrash fan or whatever, so the video can hardly have anything apart from Evile just thrashing away in it. Good live performance and that.
MartinC

Postby Metal Iain on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Stop compromising your beliefs to appease the gig providers!
Metal Iain

Postby MartinC on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:31 pm

No.
MartinC

Postby Resilience Records on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Basically, i think this is a pretty disappointing video. For a song called Thrasher, that is a showcase of going to a thrash show and going mental... its pretty lame and tame. its just evile standing in a circle... thats pretty shit how ever you try and shoot it or cleverly edit it.

I'm not a massive fan of videos where a lot of live crowd and band action is synched up to a song, but in this case it really would have made all the difference. when Matt sings "jump into the pit" you dont want to see his big hilarious mug, i'd much prefer to see a careless idiot projecting himself headlong from the stage. etc etc ad infinitum

alternatively they should chosen one of their songs about war or Rambo themed songs and done a video themed thusly.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:00 pm

they should have made an evile sex tape
The Fourth Norseman

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:34 pm

Resilience Records wrote:Basically, i think this is a pretty disappointing video. For a song called Thrasher, that is a showcase of going to a thrash show and going mental...

And then a move from the pub to a club for some awesome sounds.
jonny_boy34

Postby metaldazza on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:14 pm

I seems to me that this video is compromised by a lack of funding. I can see why they left the dolly tracks in place, it defines a circle... you know a "circle that will destroy this place". I liked the camera mounted light projecting their shadows, good contrast, nice crisp shadow. I don't like the close ups on the singer, he's being told to project anger but what he wants to shout is "Do you like tits" in a northern accent. It's asking too much of him I think.

All it needed for me was for the room to be filled with kids thrashing about (outside the circle) to add some energy to the video. I guess they couldn't afford the extra costs of security, health and safety insurance and all that shit. Some more close ups of guitar twiddling would be nice.

It reminds me of the Bullet for My Valentine video for Scream, Aim, Fire (but with less money).

I think it's an OK, if generic, video to go on rotation in the states when they tour there.

I wonder if people's comments are tinged with an element of jealousy? Surely not, what am I thinking :)
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby meluaz on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:42 pm

bfmv are absolutely terrible and this song is a fucking pathetic attempt at them trying to make a thrash metal song
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz