Welcome to UK Thrash!

Heavy Metal Killers

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Heavy Metal Killers

Postby Immortalicide on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Woooooooooooooooo, i got a copy today on a visit to earache. Awesome CD, and the HOD picture inside is great too hahaha (nice tonsils rev .d)
Immortalicide

Re: Heavy Metal Killers

Postby Immortalicide on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:05 pm

been listening to this\all evening and not a single bad track, and that is something i very rarely say about compilations. It has some of the very best unreleased maiden and fate songs ever!!!!!!!!!
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:08 pm

God i wish i had connection, no wonder i pirate music.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:00 am

We're supposed to get a few freebies when it comes out, trade you one of our own copies for that King Diamond upload if you get time.

See? That's pretty scenester-esque.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby James on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:19 am

Don't want to put a downer on the comp but none of the tracks on Myspace really compel me to buy this - the HOD and RAM tracks are pretty cool, but I get the impression that most of the tracks are too reliant on chuggy riffs, when heavy metal can have so much more to offer than that. These bands like Cauldron and Powervice don't really do anything for me at all, I don't really see how they have got this far. Not really any good RIFFS at all.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:28 am

There's 13 songs on it, I've only heard 9 so far that isn't ours so I guess I'll have to wait until Feb. I feel like our style blates doesn't match the overall mix of bands. Time will tell if this is a good or bad thing.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby thrasherdave on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 am

I still don't know anything about this. Anyone care to fill me in?
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby Dian Wei on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:47 am

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:We're supposed to get a few freebies when it comes out, trade you one of our own copies for that King Diamond upload if you get time.

See? That's pretty scenester-esque.

:lol:

Nah no worries i'll do that for nowt. Cheers for reminding me though as i have a shit memory.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Dian Wei

Postby origamikid on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:58 am

thrasherdave wrote:I still don't know anything about this. Anyone care to fill me in?

Someone is making a compliation (i think it might be earache) of heavy metal music from unsigned/underground bands. IT features epic bands like H.O.D, Enforcer, RAM, White lightning...which is all good however it has shit artwork...

Errmm, that's it really. I agree with James-alot of it doesnt fit in with what i thought the vision for the comp would have been...and also supprisingly they didnt pick the best tracks from each band! I had a listen to a few of the bands and...well they had better tracks on the old myspace player!

H.O.D- i think you guys dont sound like the others, but thats a good thing- everything would end up sounding to samey without a bit of differance!

I think mabye like the melodies and power is missing from alot of these bands, aswell as some form of cool guitar tone!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby James on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:32 am

By the way it goes without saying (except that I'm saying it anyway) that the Enforcer track is spiffing.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby Immortalicide on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:21 am

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:There's 13 songs on it, I've only heard 9 so far that isn't ours so I guess I'll have to wait until Feb. I feel like our style blates doesn't match the overall mix of bands. Time will tell if this is a good or bad thing.

THe actual CD has 13 tracks, but the promo only has 10 (the missing acts are white wizard, alltheniko and cast iron), and james, as you are such a fan of maiden and merciful fate, then you really should like this CD, both powervice and white wizard have the trademark maiden twin harmony guitars, and in solitude sound seriously like MF, even down to the vocals. There is a vinyl of this coming too which should be here in time for the official release date of 16th feb.

As for the connections comment, im sure all here have connections with certain bands and people from the scene. I have known the guys at earache for a long time, as i am old now and kept in touch with a lot of the people i knew back when i was younger. Im sure that if some of you do the same with people you are meeting now, then when you get to middle age, people will say the same to you!! :lol:
Immortalicide

Postby Povey on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:32 pm

Immortalicide wrote:
As for the connections comment, im sure all here have connections with certain bands and people from the scene. I have known the guys at earache for a long time, as i am old now and kept in touch with a lot of the people i knew back when i was younger. Im sure that if some of you do the same with people you are meeting now, then when you get to middle age, people will say the same to you!! :lol:

This... what you put in you eventually get out in some form, If people are decent they will always remember the little man.

I've flown thousands of miles to drive and sell tshirts for bands around in the US free.

The reward I get to travel the US/Europe for free (bar my flights),hang out with my friends and eat/drink for free for about a month and more importantly make networking connections to get bands over here in the future

Really I think the whole idea of the comp is to gage the next fad. Earache are ALWAYS pretty much on the ball when it comes to this and with all the NWOBHM band releasing albums,demo's getting signed its a cheap way of PR and finding out who will sell if a album was released on Earache.

For example id imagine Earache have been in talks with Crowning Glory and HOD as they are the best crop of that Genre in UK
Povey

Postby origamikid on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:30 pm

I would def buy a H.O.D official earache release! Get some delecious production on the go!

Also- James have you got enforcers album yet? Due to lack of funds i havnt but i am awaiting my press copy still...grrr
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby Dian Wei on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Immortalicide wrote:As for the connections comment, im sure all here have connections with certain bands and people from the scene. I have known the guys at earache for a long time, as i am old now and kept in touch with a lot of the people i knew back when i was younger. Im sure that if some of you do the same with people you are meeting now, then when you get to middle age, people will say the same to you!! :lol:

Don't worry Mort i was just being a facetious little bastard, it was all in jest.

Dian Wei

Postby James on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:52 pm

Immortalicide wrote:and james, as you are such a fan of maiden and merciful fate, then you really should like this CD, both powervice and white wizard have the trademark maiden twin harmony guitars, and in solitude sound seriously like MF, even down to the vocals.

I take your point, but I'm not really looking for bands that are merely rebranding the styles of the greats. It's the same with any genre, I'm more drawn to the bands who have their own identity rather than doing their best to condense the sound of their influences. I'm sure there are some bands featured on the comp who have some cool identity, but a few of those Myspace tracks sound otherwise (this is also my opinion of Crowning Glory, even though they are a decent band).

James
Administrator