Welcome to UK Thrash!

Terrorizer UK Thrash Feature

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby MartinC on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:32 pm

terrorizer wrote:
lyallthomas wrote:A guy from one of if not the most influencial metal magazine is saying thats how it is! Listen to him!

Please do not put me on a pedestal just because I write for a magazine.

Yeah, it's not that big a deal. I contribute to the BNP newsletter now and again. The KKK weekly has also showed some interest in my work.
MartinC

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 pm

I think we didnt get signed because no body fucking heard it. We didnt give it Earache or much exposure at all - we were told it wasnt good enough. And im sorry, but i think Evile getting signed is a flaw in Digby Pearsons personality and label, not a reflection on them.

Ill say my peice on Evile - i think theyre good guys, and I think theyre the best at what they do. theyre tighter than us, and theyve got a better honing of sound than us. But think for a second, labels weren't lning up to sign them - if they were i dunno if they'd have signed to Earache - if uve done ur research, there are at least a dozen better labels i can think of.

And getting signed, if u were in a band, would know it isnt anything like what its cracked up to be. We will sign, given the chance, ofcourse we want that - but im not thinking for one second its going to be smiles and sunshine. IF and when it happens, things are gonna get alot harder, and alot more painful- quickly.

We arent calling people cunts, and you cant say bad mouthing people wont get u ne where. Look at Oasis, its all they did, and all they still do....and theyre one of the most popular bands of all time. So you can fuck off with that, because first and foremost, how the fuck would you know what it takes to get popular.
lyallthomas

Postby Herzeleid on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 pm

I'd buy a CD for the music, not what the band members are like. I mean fair enough i'd never buy anything by say, Skrewdriver, but being vocal about other bands isn't quite the same thing. Martin may have this 'persona' thing going on, but his bluntness when it comes to music isn't really a part of it.

Stevedot2 wrote:Stop complaining you black cunt.

http://www.myspace.com/superking - Don't look at meeee!
Herzeleid

Postby MartinC on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:36 pm

Herzeleid wrote:I'd buy a CD for the music, not what the band members are like. I mean fair enough i'd never buy anything by say, Skrewdriver, but being vocal about other bands isn't quite the same thing. Martin may have this 'persona' thing going on, but his bluntness when it comes to music isn't really a part of it.

You wouldn't buy a Skrewdriver record? Fuck man! Not even for 'Run Nigger Run'?

SKINHEAD! SKINHEAD!

I really need to get some braces/romper stomper boots soon.
MartinC

Postby NightReaper on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:39 pm

lyallthomas wrote:So you can fuck off with that, because first and foremost, how the fuck would you know what it takes to get popular.

Well I just see it like making friends really. You're nice to them and they'll be nice to you and then spread good things about you.

I'm looking forward to playing with you guys next Tuesday. Should be a great laugh! :twisted:
NightReaper

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:46 pm

Look nightreaper , you shouldnt take it so personally. But im sorry to inform you, you dont make it where it counts by making friends im afraid. You might get gigs with people u make friends with, but if you suck - then you suck, and people wont respect you or your material. it really is true when people say, nice guys finish last. I think its gonna take a time u have when people really dont give a fuck about you or your band. Your lucky that Uk thrash is here because for 3 years when it wasnt, no one gave a fuck about us really - we only got so far and it was completely on the strength of our material. This is about the music - not you as people.
lyallthomas

Postby NightReaper on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:48 pm

lyallthomas wrote:Look nightreaper , you shouldnt take it so personally. But im sorry to inform you, you dont make it where it counts by making friends im afraid.

It's not who you are it's who you know...
NightReaper

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:50 pm

BTW Theres one thing for sure - we arnt getting to support Napalm Death because we kissed their or their tour company or the venue managers arse or made friends with any of them.

It was just a case of - Oi you, you're making the decision - this is what we sound like, listen to it, this is what we've done, this is what we want to do, this is what we've got going for us. Hey presto we're on and have the biggest gig of ANY UK thrash band bar Evile, and the biggest opportunity to show near off 1000 ppl what we're about.

The other support - Enemo J - are signed to Casket. They could have found another signed band - but they chose us. thankyou very much.
lyallthomas

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:51 pm

NO mate - fuck off its not!! If i was mates with Digby Pearson, or he was big mates with my dad - HE STILL WUDNT FUCKING SIGN ME IF MY BAND WAS SHIT!!! USE UR HEAD!!!
lyallthomas

Postby NightReaper on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:54 pm

Using block capitals isn't going to stress your point any further. Like yourself I'm narrow minded so trying to argue any other way against me won't work for I will ignore all logistical views you may throw at me and fight back with my biased views.

Anywhoo, cheers for the rant. Must be off.
NightReaper

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:55 pm

Block capitals will make you listen you cheeky cunt. U dont have to listen tho, but trust me you should do.
lyallthomas

Postby Hostile on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:52 pm

terrorizer wrote:
lyallthomas wrote:A guy from one of if not the most influencial metal magazine is saying thats how it is! Listen to him!

Get on the fucking pedestal, bitch. :twisted:
Hostile

Postby terrorizer on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:09 pm

Hostile wrote:
terrorizer wrote:

Get on the fucking pedestal, bitch. :twisted:

That's MISTER BITCH to you.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:32 pm

lyallthomas wrote:and listen to us, we've been in the scene for 5 years!!!! longer than UK Thrash itself! Its called experience.

I don't really see how thats relevant, most of us on here have been supporting thrash and going to see UK bands before this took off as well
The Fourth Norseman

Postby James on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:52 pm

Boring and lame thread. Time to lock?
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator