Welcome to UK Thrash!

Blaze Bayley parts was with Blaze Bayley

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Blaze Bayley parts was with Blaze Bayley

Postby Bastard Child on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:22 pm

In a move I did not think possible Blaze Bayley has parted ways with his band (the one called Blaze Bayley).
Here's his statement:
"Due to financial and medical reasons I've been forced to part ways with the band. I will give a full statement in the next few days about my future plans. I hope that all my fans will keep on supporting me in my further projects. The English dates will be postponed to December but the festivals in Germany, Sweden, Lithuania and the show in Istanbul will definitely proceed!"

So hopefully they guys not got any serious illness but what really has got me curious is what will happen to Blaze Bayley (The Band). Will they be able to continue with out their founding member? I'm sure one of them will soon give a statement saying stuff like "despite the loss of Blaze Bayley (the man), Blaze Bayley (the band) will still continue and are planning a world tour with our new singer Ripper Owens."

Ok all stupidity aside I hope the guys ok, but seriously. Surely this means he's put the band on hold, or disbanded it for the foreseeable future. Am I the only one confused here?
Bastard Child

Re: Blaze Bayley parts was with Blaze Bayley

Postby STD_Caps on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:54 pm

So does that mean that Blaze Bailey the band are playing the festival shows? And, if so, with who singing?
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Bastard Child wrote:I'm sure one of them will soon give a statement saying stuff like "despite the loss of Blaze Bayley (the man), Blaze Bayley (the band) will still continue and are planning a world tour with our new singer Ripper Owens."

Haha, I bet this will definitely happen. Old Tim has proven himself to be very reliable at getting bands out of a tight spot these days.

I hope Sir Blaze Bayley (he has been knighted in my world) is okay, as he is my ultimate hero. His band were getting a bit boring and rubbish though anyway, nothing they've done together has reached the might and power of Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension. Blaze needs to get back into sci-fi/political metal (that's politics through the eyes of Blaze, not, say, Bill Hicks) and find a good band to write some amazing songs for him. The Blaze Bayley band were great musicians technically, but their song writing was very, very, very, very, very dull.

This is a bit confusing though. They can't really carry on Blaze Bayley without Blaze Bayley, surely? Or will they just change the name to whoever the new singer will be, but keep the same songs? I don't think any other singer would get away with singing a song called THE MAN WHO WOULD NOT DIE though. And a song about Gladiator called Smile Back At Death in which he basically sings the script from the film, and which contains a chanting refrain that goes, "GLADIATOR PROTECTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!" and the lyric "In this life or the next, my vengeance I will have." See what he did there? Clever bloke.

You know what, I'll just put the link to the lyrics here, because they are just simply mindblowing. http://www.6lyrics.com/smile_back_at_de ... blaze.aspx

"I WHO WILL NOT DIE WON'T SALUTE YOU!"

I love Blaze.
jonny_boy34

Postby thrasherdave on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:33 pm

Jesus bastard christ, Ripper Owens joins more bands than I do!!
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby mikeaote on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:47 pm

the 'blaze bayley' band were taken from a sick band called underthreat from colombia check those guys out and ya will see why blaze's last album was so good!
mikeaote

Postby phodg on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm

So here's Blaze - back with Wolfsbane and a new EP ....

phodg