Welcome to UK Thrash!

MUTANT + RIVER FRESHNEY + NEBUKADNEZZA + DR DEATH + BETRAYAL

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby Resilience Records on Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:38 pm

i'm no way going to this. its going tobe horrible and girly. i like boys and boys only, and there will be neither boys nor fun toys at this gig, so i'm going down the road to stand outside the playground, wanking.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby zykloned on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:33 pm

Teh aids cold has defeated me. :-(
zykloned

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 am

zykloned wrote:Teh aids cold has defeated me. :-(

How bloody dare you you bastardrdhsk89
jonny_boy34

Postby TORSO on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:19 pm

http://essex.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23208&l=b2bad&id=283601153

Twas a cool night, the first band was good (nice hit the lights cover)....Doctor Death are getting better everytime i see them....proberly the best Nebs gig i have seen....River Freshney i found their humour OTT and the music itself was ok....MUTANT were great as also kudos for Tom for playing even though he was ill, also cool to hear a real oldie and of course the Eternal Ban cover

Good stuff, see you lot next year!
INTO THE REACTOR!
TORSO

Postby Atom on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:35 pm

TORSO wrote:proberly the best Nebs gig i have seen

Yeah, they were totally storming, they really were, very enjoyable.

DD were so killer man, getting better X10 every time I see them.

We fucked up loads but who cares, it was well fun.

Joy time!
Atom

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:39 pm

Indeed, joy for all! What a great night. Doctor Death really were fantastic! Nebukadnezza were fucking brilliant, and as brutal as my mum. Donny's face is always a pleasure. Mutant were just so bloody joyful, I had a big smile on my face throughout their set, as I usually do! I love that new Turbo Mega Hyper Boys and Girls song, it's bloody great, especially that lovely Iron Maiden bit in the middle. Lovely stuff, a pleasant evening indeed.
jonny_boy34

Postby Metalbrew Stu on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Yeah, great night. In agreement about all the bands. The Freshney lot were a bit OTT really. I don't think I'll go out of my way to see them again. Makes me feel like a bit of a sad old cunt, but I didn't really feel comfortable with the front man pretending to be a spastic and getting the crowd to shout about queers.
Saying that, I do love pretending to be a spastic and shouting about queers... I just do it amongst a close circle of friends. Either way, the Gin whore was fantastic!

thrashduck wrote:Are you a small boy? :D
Metalbrew Stu

Postby Necrotism on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:22 pm

Was great to see Mutant at last. Doctor Death where ace aswell. Would of headbanged to Nebukadnezza, but my neck hurt for half an hour :(
Necrotism

Postby TORSO on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:43 pm

One day we will get a photo of everyone on the forum.
INTO THE REACTOR!
TORSO

Postby James on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:13 am

Including Bloodkrishna?
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby MartinC on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:28 am

I can quite confidently say that you won't.
MartinC

Postby James on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:30 am

Yeah, it won't happen. I guess UK Thrash is just too damn successful and dispersed.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby Resilience Records on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:33 am

fucking A!

great night, bloody hell. really great, the best DD show we've ever played, everything just fell into place and it was such a pleasure to be onstage raging our balls off. t really felt special, and a LARGE part of that was due to the great crowd, cheers for supporting us you motherfuckers!

everybody else was amazing. i dig the Nebs so hard it hurts (especially today, my poor neck!) and Mutant were rubbish as always. so well done. Betrayal were interesting and had some cool riffs and bits, but generally not amazing BUT not bad at all either. RF are so insane, mega kudos for the Gin whore and misfits cover... bad bad karma for a couple really dodgey songs, they are good guys and their music is great... but even i was mildly ofended... me! ME!!! THE PEADOFILE!

Great night had by all, espeically me... so thanks!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby James on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:56 am

Betrayal - major thumbs up, I don't know if they post on here but they seemed like cool fellows and they had a really decent agressive riffy sound.

Dr Death - I agree Jamie, that's the best gig I've seen you lot do, better every time! One of my favourite UK thrash bands, remind me to buy the demo at the next gig, I failed to get one.

Nebukadnezza - the war machine! Surely the most brutal and relentless of the UK thrash crop - the songs were really technical and although I thought some of the more chaotic sections were a bit buried in the sound, I enjoyed the Neb battering ram as much as always!

River Freshney- well I'm not into my joke/stupid "metal" as is probably known, so lyrically these guys weren't my thing at all. Musically, they have some OK moments I guess, but I'm not really into hardcore/crossover/whatever you call it, so I can't really tick that box either. Just too rich for my blood I suppose, I found them tedious and self-absorbed, and was puzzled why they were so high on the bill.

Mutant - the BEST UK thrash band for me. Not the tightest showcase of their material it could be said, but still a thoroughly banging setlist; Turbo Ultra Hyper Mega Power, if I've got that in the right order, was seriously sick, I literally can't wait to hear the version they're recording for the Deceptor split. It's only a matter of time before Mutant take the UK throne in my view!

Really really fun night, good crowd and well worth a fiver!
Last edited by James on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

James
Administrator

Postby Resilience Records on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:45 am

James wrote:
Mutant - the BEST UK thrash band for me. Not the tightest showcase of their material it could be said, but still a thoroughly banging setlist; Turbo Ultra Hyper Mega Power, if I've got that in the right order, was seriously sick, I literally can't wait to hear the version they're recording for the Deceptor split. It's only a matter of time before Mutant take the UK throne in my view!

Couldn't have said it better myself, James as always you are bang on!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records