Welcome to UK Thrash!

Glasgow Thrash Bash

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Glasgow Thrash Bash

Postby GlasgowThrashBash on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Might as well get this out now and give people some fair warning...

In order to stop the monopoly on metal festivals you people have in the UK and to maintain and uphold the Glaswegian tradition of having mental thrash gigs, we are going to be holding a Thrash festival in Glasgow entitled the Glasgow Thrash Bash. It'll be a mixture of Thrash bands from Glasgow, Scotland, the UK and abroad for a rip-roaring day of thrash mayhem.

The date looks to be July 2nd or the 3rd. Venue and bands will be confirmed as soon as such details become available.

PEPITO, THE BIGGEST CAT IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!
GlasgowThrashBash

Re: Glasgow Thrash Bash

Postby mlefa30 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:45 pm

is that u kwondo?
mlefa30

Postby GlasgowThrashBash on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:11 pm

No, it isn't, haha, but I do intend to try and get Circle of Tyrants on the bill!

Kwondo, Katygen and Barbour are my bread and butter here!

GlasgowThrashBash

Postby mlefa30 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:26 pm

just checkin mate, will be there if you also get AMOK!!!
mlefa30

Postby Resilience Records on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Sure there would be loads of bands on here up for this, Put Doctor Death down for a start!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby GlasgowThrashBash on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Ever since I started putting this thing together a week or two ago, I've been inundated with requests to play and I honestly think I could put on a 2/3 day affair and still leave bands dissappointed. I'm genuinely stunned that so many bands want to play, haha.

That said, if you are a band and want to play, don't be discouraged. I've still to decide who to put on, but I can say that it's shaping up to be something very special after talking to various bands.

And don't worry, putting on a Glaswegian thrash festival and not having COT and Amok on the bill is a stupider idea than a cake made of wood. They were the first bands I thought of for it.

GlasgowThrashBash

Postby Nixon on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:28 am

Nixon

Postby mlefa30 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:28 am

smart mate, just thought i'd make sure, lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cannae wait keep us in the loop
mlefa30

Postby Shugmaster on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:35 pm

mlefa30 wrote:smart mate, just thought i'd make sure, lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cannae wait keep us in the loop

I'll no be going along. I am down in Leicester that weekend for my niece's 1st birthday.
Shugmaster

Postby GlasgowThrashBash on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:38 pm

We are proud to announce that the first ever Glasgow Thrash Bash has been confirmed as being on the 4th of July at the Stereo (20 Renfield Lane, Glasgow, just beside Central station).

We are even more proud to be able to announce our first three bands for the bash! They are two excellent Glaswegian thrash bands in Insanita and Facegrinder as well as English band XXXX:

INSANITA - Formed in 2007 as a fourpiece from the Scottish Borders, Insanita play a brand of Old School Thrash Metal with a modern edge that will appeal to fans of bands such as Exodus and Sepultura. Since forming, they have worked with such luminaries as ex-Atomkraft guitarist Rob Matthews in an effort to bring their vision for the band to fruition and will be familiar to many thrash fans after their outstanding set at the Full Thrash Assault festival in Wakefield in 2007 as well as their numerous support slots for the likes of The Berzerker.
http://www.myspace.com/insanitamusic

FACEGRINDER - After a fantastic year in 2009 supporting bands such as Onslaught, Cauldron and Wolf, Facegrinder have made a great start to the year doing the rounds on the Glasgow gig circuit with their debut EP already out and more to come in the future! Facegrinder's blend of Thrash Metal and Old School Death Metal as well as their touches of groove and melody is certain to go down well at the Glasgow Thrash Bash!
http://www.myspace.com/facegrinder0

XXXX - The drinking dead shall descend on Glasgow! Formed in London in a haze of cheap booze in 2006, XXXX offer some of the finest crossover thrash in the country! The prospect of XXXX being introduced to Buckfast and Mad Dog 20/20 is one which no thrash fan should miss! It's guaranteed to be a riotous occasion!
http://www.myspace.com/thedrinkingdead

Keep checking back here and on the official myspace for the latest details as more bands are added to the bill. Tickets shall be available soon as more details are announced!

http://www.myspace.com/glasgowthrashbash

GlasgowThrashBash

Postby GlasgowThrashBash on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm

As Seregon have stated in the previous thread, they are now playing the Glasgow Thrash Bash...

SEREGON - On the 3rd of July 2010, Seregon will celebrate their fifth anniversary and, as a result, they will be doing a small 4-date UK tour to celebrate it with a set celebrating their entire history! We are honoured to say that they will grace the Glasgow Thrash Bash with their presence with an exclusive Scottish date where they will engage in a special 5th anniversary set! We at the Bash are looking forward so much to seeing what surprises will have ins tore and it's sure to be a fantastic set of thrash filled madness!

The full tour dates are as follows:

GlasgowThrashBash

Postby Joel_Fury on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:56 am

We'll be up for it! We have a song on Cardinal Sins Vol. 1, feel free to check it out! Myspace and Facebook addresses are below:

http://www.myspace.com/furymetal
http://www.twitter.com/gotFURY
http://www.facebook.com/furyofficial
Joel_Fury

Postby GlasgowThrashBash on Mon May 03, 2010 5:33 pm

The Glasgow Thrash Bash is proud to announce the confirmation of 2 more acts for the Thrash Bash, both representing the main Glaswegian presence at the festival, Circle of Tyrants and Amok:

CIRCLE OF TYRANTS: A perennial feature on the Glaswegian metal scene, having supported (amongst many, many others) Dark Tranquility, Onslaught, Gama Bomb, Municipal Waste, Bonded By Blood and Warbringer, COT are as essential to a Glaswegian Thrash gig as a Bar and a Drumkit. After starting the year by staking their claim as one of Glasgow's finest metal bands in the form of a long-awaited new demo, COT continue in their workhorse-like work to assert themselves as Glasgow's finest metal band.

AMOK: Predating the thrash revival, Amok worked tirelessly to prove the worth of Thrash Metal in a ream of identikit metalcore and alt-metal nonsense. Their determination soon paid off as they were rewarded with an album released on Witches' Brew Records entitled "Downhill Without Brakes" as well as a well-recieved set at Full Thrash Assault, and support slots for bands such as Onslaught and Evile. With a new album due very soon, Amok's set looks it will be one to remember!

Remember to keep checking the Thrash Bash myspace for updates soon regarding headliners and tickets going on dale!

GlasgowThrashBash

Postby Jamok on Sun May 16, 2010 11:03 am

Waaaaay!

Looks like it's going to be a belter!

Looking forward to checking out the bands and catching up with some old gigging buddies!
Grind is Grim
Jamok

Postby GlasgowThrashBash on Sun May 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Here is the quite frankly ejaculation-inducing poster of all the bands confirmed as of last week:

And a link if you can't see it...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... ID=5209373

I'd like to thank Gaz from Thrashtown/Chewin' Druids for being such a doll, and scrambling my fucking brain with awesomeness. You are a gem. :D

In addition, the final Glaswegian band for the bill, Citizen Death, have confirmed that they will be playing the Thrash Bash. After a line-up reshuffle, and a change in direction, Citizen Death are ready to bring their highly unique brand of technical progressive thrash to the Bash for their second ever gig and first ever gig with their new line-up. This new direction is sure to turn heads and will be right up the street of fans of Voivod, Coroner, later Death and Vio-lence. Sadly, I wasn't able to confirm them in time to put them on the poster but they'll be added when we confirm our headliners very soon!

GlasgowThrashBash