Welcome to UK Thrash!

Lesser-known 'Old School' Death Metal albums

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Lesser-known 'Old School' Death Metal albums

Postby James on Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 am

Saying that, it's a lot better than the Sumerian Cry reissue - the most lamentably terrible one I've ever seen.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Ripper on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Going back to pre-90's, one of the best death metal demos was SINDROME "Into The Halls Of Extermination", although most posers wouldn't consider it death metal these days.

My other picks would be IMPETIGO, the mighty BOLT THROWER, and the AUTOPSY/ABSCESS/RAVENOUS/DOOMED axis. How come no-one ever talks about ABSCESS? They rule, totally grinding sludgy sick morbid love songs with great lyrics!
Play fast or die
Ripper

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Baphomet/Banished are one of my favourite lesser known bands. Big fan of the Baphomet album and ive been trying to learn it all.

There's obvious bands like Carnage. Their earlier demos were as good as their album, if not a bit better. They sound a bit like very early Carcass but with better production.

I listen to way too much old school death metal though. It is pretty much the best death metal out there.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan