Welcome to UK Thrash!

Something to make Jonny B moist

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Something to make Jonny B moist

Postby STD_Caps on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:10 pm

http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/index.php

I don't know what this load of bollocks is going on about but it appears TOOL are quite hard at work. I was not particularly enamoured with 10,000 Days but I have a feeling that they will throw a new, beastly move into this new mix. Good times.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Re: Something to make Jonny B moist

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Hahaha, I hate those bloody newsletters. The Tool website is full of such bollocks all the time. Although at a quite skim through it, that newsletter was pretty hilarious. I'm sure it will be another 2 years at least before a new album comes out. Although I still listen to 10,000 Days now though and think it's amazing. It was wasn't quite the leap forward from Lateralus that the latter album was from Aenima, and is not quite as colourful and varied as Lateralus either, but I still think the songs are huge and glorious and emotionally amazing. In fact it sounds more like 10,000 Days should've come after Aenima, and then Lateralus after that, if you see what I mean. Anyway, I do hope they will do a bit more experimenting on their next album, and some more lovely things. 10,000 Days was a lot more heavy and aggressive than Lateralus, but I do prefer it when they do lovely things like Reflection and Schism, and 10,000 Days (the song) and Right in Two (which I thought was an amazing song indeed). And more tribal joy like The Grudge, that's also what I want. Please.

Although in the world of progressive enjoyment, I now think that Astra are the new BEST BAND IN THE WORLD (TM) after seeing them last week. Blew my bloody socks off, even more than Tool did. Good christ.
jonny_boy34

Postby STD_Caps on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Whooooooooops! Meant Jonny K.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Ah, I thought maybe the B stood for Boy, as in Jonny Boy.
jonny_boy34