Welcome to UK Thrash!

megadeth's new song

Talk about all thrash metal.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: megadeth's new song

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 am

I personally think it's just the silly border that makes it look cheap for some reason, which is a shame, I think it would look pretty wicked if it wasn't there.

The last Iron Maiden album had really good artwork I thought actually, it's just a shame the album itself was a bit pants. But yeah, there isn't a distinct lack of good artwork among the legendary bands of old these days!
jonny_boy34

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 am

I thought AMOLAD was a bit pants but ive been listening to it more and more all the time and now i think its amazing.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:50 am

that cover art is a cool concept but whyyyyyy do they have to have all those shitty photoshop effects on every fucking part of the cover... just spoils it a bit i think... and the border is just shit.

I hope the album is cool, but i don't hold out much hope!
thrash metal maniac

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Sorry but old age must be kicking in, someone's going to have to spell it out to me, what the hell is it supposed to be?
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:39 pm

some sort of conveyor belt with prisoners on it? and the 'walls' are like capsules for the people?

actually i don't get it either... except it could look better anyway... loads better
thrash metal maniac

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Well, old Davey boy's been going on about this 'Endgame' bill that was passed in the US government while Bush (Dubya, not Senior) was in power that no one knows about, something that allows citizens to be sent to what are essentially concentration camps. I don't personally know anything about this apart from what I've read in Dave Mustaine Blabbermouth interviews, but that's what the title track's about, and I assume that's what the cover is, a line of people heading towards their doom.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:20 am

And the nod to Guantanamo Bay is pretty obvious in their orange overalls.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:21 pm

It's pretty good really that Dave's still singing about relevant things and trying to say something, even if his music is a bit shite these days. Unlike Slayer, who are still parading around like 5 year old fannies shouting "Kill! Kill! Hate! Hate!"
jonny_boy34

Postby thrasherdave on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:29 am

And at least Dave A. has his hair, B. still writes relatively interesing music (though nothing as ace as SFSGSW) and C. he can actually write/play solos. Unlike Kerry Queen, who doesn't apply to any of those.
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby thrash metal maniac on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:40 am

In fact, is Mustaine the only still-talented one from the big 4?
thrash metal maniac

Postby Atom on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:51 am

thrash metal maniac wrote:In fact, is Mustaine the only still-talented one from the big 4?

Good question!

DM > Scott Ian
DM > Kerry King
DM > James and Lars?
Atom

Postby thrash metal maniac on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:01 am

I think so! I mean Hetfield is just the same as always... just not writing great music since bloody ages ago though... Mustaine is amazing though, I love seeing Megadeth, always one of my fave bands live!

Megadeth had the best run of greatness, and the longest out of all of them, and they never really disappeared for great amounts of time, and they've been consistent recently! yeah, not amazing but still releasing, touring and writing stuff regularly, I mean 3 albums in 5 years aint bad, whereas Slayer have done 2 and metallica one and Anthrax??? have they released nothing? I dont care about them enough to know
thrash metal maniac

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:02 am

Lars yes, James NEVER!
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby Creeping Dan on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 am

James is still the best. Could be asking the wrong person here because i love Metallica. But i like Megadeth, but ive lost a lot of respect for them when UA came out, and the new song was awful. Just give me Countdown To Extinction anyday please.

In my eyes Metallica only have one bad album (and it is very band). The rest i really enjoy. Load and reload are really cool album. They even have classics on there that most people seem to like, like Fuel. I dont care if some people wanna cry because they wernt doing the same shit over and over. Death Magnetic wasnt amazing, but i love it. To me, it sounded how Metallica sound live, captured on an album with new songs, which is nice.

Megadeth have continued to play metal forever. And weelll. It just turned into complete boring albums. Countdown To Extinction is the last i can even enjoy.

Kerry King went shite after Hell Awaits. And ive never liked any Anthrax and Scott Ian pisses me off, especially when i see his silly silly stage moves.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby thrash metal maniac on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 am

I always say this but CRYPTIC WRITINGS!!11!!!!11!!!

It's not metal either really Dan, Alice Cooper-esque radio rock with amazing guitar solos and the occasional metal track/section.. Kicks the shit out of Youthanasia, Risk... Though Youthanasia has some good tracks on it, so does The World Needs A Hero!!!
thrash metal maniac