General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Where have all the wailers gone?

Postby Raging Paul on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Fuck off Bill
Raging Paul

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I think some people here like to eat fish and chips.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Bestial Bill on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:58 pm

On a serious note, I think that all of the wailers that would have been in 80s power metal and speed metal bands have moved on to being in modern glossy power metal bands.

The singers from Rhapsody, Primal Fear, etc are blinding vocalists, and metal has basically evolved so that that style was popular for the 90s and 00s. Now that traditional heavy metal is popular (for a few months) it may be that a few more vocalists/bands in the wailing style turn up, but the pace of trends rising and falling has been so sped up by the internet and the way music is disseminated now that a real substantial wave never gets going. Bands aren't given time to build - they're rushed into studios, churn out albums with filler on, and are bypassed by the next wave of what the press latch onto.

Ultimately, in the underground, there are always a few bands of every style imaginable plugging away, but you have to really dig to find them, depending on what's popular.
'Summon the cleansing of this world! Armageddon unleashed upon Earth!'
Bestial Bill

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:04 am

Bestial Bill wrote:On a serious note, I think that all of the wailers that would have been in 80s power metal and speed metal bands have moved on to being in modern glossy power metal bands.

The singers from Rhapsody, Primal Fear, etc are blinding vocalists, and metal has basically evolved so that that style was popular for the 90s and 00s. Now that traditional heavy metal is popular (for a few months) it may be that a few more vocalists/bands in the wailing style turn up, but the pace of trends rising and falling has been so sped up by the internet and the way music is disseminated now that a real substantial wave never gets going. Bands aren't given time to build - they're rushed into studios, churn out albums with filler on, and are bypassed by the next wave of what the press latch onto.

Ultimately, in the underground, there are always a few bands of every style imaginable plugging away, but you have to really dig to find them, depending on what's popular.

Excellent post pretty much have to agree totally.

Between the horrid way music trends happen and bands trying to pander to everyone to try and be appealing and marketable you pretty much HAVE to find the passionate and dedicated bands out there if you anything that isn't, to be frank, utter drivel.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Dian Wei

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:59 am

Edguy could've been one of those amazing bands actually, Hellfire Club was mostly brilliant, but then suddenly Tobias Sammet thought he was Bon Jovi and then it all went wrong.
jonny_boy34

Postby thrashduck on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 am

Edguy were on in a pub I was at on Saturday in Leeds, ridiculous. They're just a bit too gay to take seriously compared to any of the good boys mentioned.

Lavaaaaatorrrry Love machinnnnneeee..
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Raging Paul on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:24 am

Both Billys, I think you got it spot on there really, sorry for the coarseness earlier!
Raging Paul

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:44 am

Bestial Bill wrote:On a serious note, I think that all of the wailers that would have been in 80s power metal and speed metal bands have moved on to being in modern glossy power metal bands.

Bill you got it spot on there!
Some people call them demons. I call them bitches.
TurboHyperUltraMega

Postby Raging Paul on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:45 pm

lolocaust
Raging Paul

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:51 pm

So we all agree that I'm right?

Excellent.

Dian Wei

Postby Bestial Bill on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm afraid I object to you being called Bill. Having met you, I feel that Aethelfrith is a more appropriate moniker.
Bestial Bill

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 pm

The king of Northumbria..

I see.

I didn't realise I gave of such a regal air.

Or perhaps you're being sly and referencing his death...

We'll settle this, let me just gather an army. You do the same, then who knows.

Dian Wei

Postby Bestial Bill on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Come on, come on
You think you drive me crazy
Come on, come on
You and whose army?
You and your cronies
Come on, come on
Holy roman empire
Come on if you think
Come on if you think
You can take us all on
You can take us all on

You and whose army?
You and your cronies

You forget so easily
We ride tonight
We ride tonight
Ghost horses
Ghost horses
Ghost horses
We ride tonight
We ride tonight
Ghost horses
Ghost horses
Ghost horses..
Bestial Bill

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Haha, this is hilarious now.

Dian Wei

Postby Resilience Records on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:11 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

man, if i could sing anywhere near as high as John Cyriis i would sit at home wanking all day and never do anything.

Yes i wish there were more proper vocalists in metal these days, but i also wish there way more heavy metal in metal these days... its not the 80s anymore but hopefully current trends in underground metal might eventually level the playing field a bit more, lots of people are no longer scared to bring back the past in classic HM, Thrash or Speed/Power ways. with more and more european festivals celebrating this stuff specifically (and thriving whilst doing so) i think the future for real singing in metal is actually looking bright.

Kill all posers - weak singing vocals or deth!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records