Welcome to UK Thrash!

GAMA BOMB Announce STAMP OUT INFERIOR METAL CAMPAIGN

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: GAMA BOMB Announce STAMP OUT INFERIOR METAL CAMPAIGN

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Immortalicide wrote:
Si wrote:Maybe this gimmick would have fitted in better back in the 80s when thrash was new and therefore most thrashers younger. Today we've got two generations and this kind of thing doesn't really work on old jaded sceptics who are now in their late 30s or 40s but may hit its mark on the young 'uns.

FWIW, i confess to having on through the night and pyromania, i was also at Donnington in '86.

i remember buying on through the night from john menzies with my 12th birthday money (1981) and wasnt very impressed with it at all. I never got any more of their stuff after that. I did see them at donnington in 86, and wasnt impressed(however, how could i be after just watching motorheads awesome set), and again with my ex wife in 1988 at the NEC, where they were again, very bland and uninteresting. Just my opinion, and not trying to ruffle any feathers by saying this. I just happen to find them a second rate band, although as they have sold 10 squillion records, i am probably in the minority.

By 'bland and uninteresting' do you mean 'didn't run around banging their heads and shouting "Fuck yeah, Jaymz!"'? They're probably the best band I've ever seen live in terms of playing good sets, playing the songs well and being entertaining at the same time.
Metal Iain

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Smash is good, and Ixnay on the Hombre is also lovely (Amazed used to one of me favourites on that one), I haven't listened to those albums for bloody years though.
jonny_boy34

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:37 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:Smash is good, and Ixnay on the Hombre is also lovely (Amazed used to one of me favourites on that one), I haven't listened to those albums for bloody years though.

I love the Three Stooges Latin thing. Should it not be Ixnae On the Ombrehae, though?
Metal Iain

Postby Immortalicide on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:20 pm

radioactive rik wrote:hmmmm....i might bring my Offspring album :oops:
you know,that one with "pretty fly for a white guy" which was in the charts when i was about 12/13yrs old.
i thought it was the most heaviest,rockin music ever :wall:

i got loads of other shit albums in shoeboxes under the bed too.

i think everyone who says this c.d. desecrating is a bad idea is basicly avoiding having to admit what shitty skeleton in the closet,embarrasing albums they own.they are changing the subject and tryna avoid owning up/looking uncool.

whether you consider these cheesy or not,im gonna be bold and just name some random artists i have acquired albums of over the years(and which i still like)here goes:
2 unlimited,kool and the gang,sade,shalamar,gloria estefan and miami sound machine,lily allen,evelyn king,jocelyn brown,mary jane girls,the rah band and many more.

i like a lot of 80s funk/soul and always will:rockdevil:

as far as "inferior metal" goes i bought a trivium album "the crusade" :oops: :doh: :eyes: :pray:
and in my late teens i got linkin parks "hybrid theory" and that limp bizkit album featuring method man :shame:

i would be up for destroying the above three as i cant believe i once considered them cool,i am sooo ashamed.looking back,what was i thinking? :lol:

anyway,ive said it! piss take all you want as i genuinly deserve it,but remember at least ive confessed my sins!

again, this brings me back to the fact that i still love the music i was into at the age of 12/13. I dont understand how people just go off something if they truly liked it in the first place!!!
Maybe they broaden their horizons and embrace more music, but the stuff they liked before hasnt changed, so i just dont get it!!!! :?
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:03 pm

I still quite like the early Offspring stuff.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby meluaz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:27 pm

i regret buying best of bon jovi, i only like one song
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby boovidge on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:31 pm

i like gama bomb but this sounds pretty gay.
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:13 am

Stop pretending to be Irish.
Metal Iain

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:42 am

Metal Iain wrote:Stop pretending to be Irish.

This.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:19 am

Immortalicide wrote:again, this brings me back to the fact that i still love the music i was into at the age of 12/13. I dont understand how people just go off something if they truly liked it in the first place!!!
Maybe they broaden their horizons and embrace more music, but the stuff they liked before hasnt changed, so i just dont get it!!!! :?

offspring was great for me at age 13 when top of the pops ruled it just feels sooooo lame and whiney compared to the metal i discovered/have now.

its a bit like having an undercut with curtains(we all had one)amazing at the time but just downright awful to look back on seriously.

so yeah i agree,musical tastes evolve,and i will always like rock/metal in general.

its like all the young teens watching the kerrang channel nowadays and loving "syndrome of a down" "bullet up my arsentine" etc.they will all go out and buy it coz its the only "cool rockin"channel/mag available to them.
when they get to 18yrs+ they will discover more types of metal and hopefully realise that kerrang churns out a lot of shite.

also look at emos.the majority of them are schoolkids thinkin their scene/music is the coolest.

i dont hate my offspring album,i would just have more fun snapping it into little fragments than letting it waste any more space in my room and i can always use shelf space for some badass thrash/death and general metal.

out with the old in with the new!
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby gamabomb on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:19 pm

we rock loads, na sayers dont
GAMA BOMB - Faster Is Gooder
gamabomb

Postby Lev on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:01 pm

radioactive rik wrote:its a bit like having an undercut with curtains(we all had one)!

We really didn't.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby MartinC on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Yeah, I didn't.
MartinC

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:11 pm

well if you didnt have an undercut,then you must have had a step or a bowlcut(even more unlucky).
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby thrashduck on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:18 pm

I had an undercut bowlcut pretty much, no curtains though.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck