Welcome to UK Thrash!

Gama Bomb, Evile, Biomechanical FREE GIG IN CAMDEN!

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby SpiritCrusher on Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:52 pm

Don't you waggle that at me!!! :P Obviously they wouldn't not let people in if they refused to pay it as it's only a donation, but I'm sure few people would be that brutal! Also he died after the gig was announced so unless they could preempt the whole accident I'm not sure they'd have been able to give us much warning, otherwise it'd have been labeled as a tribute gig instead... Earache are Decapitated's label after all. Now sit back down *whiplash noise* there's a good little boy ;)

My one desire, my only wish is to be eatennnn!
SpiritCrusher

Postby thrash metal maniac on Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:10 pm

:hand: don't you be crackin no whips at me girl!!!! :eyes:

i was just saying that they could have told everyone, even sent a brief note in with the tickets to explain (i'm sure there are people going who aren't aware of Vitek's death), rather than just sending tickets with '£5 donation' written on them!!! :wink:
thrash metal maniac

Postby Enter on Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:54 pm

ok i have a question if i dont like decapitated do i still have to pay 5 quid? I mean dude died and that kinda sucks but what about others I mean theres also the vocalist dude and then theres also the driver of the tour bus and the driver of the truck they ramed into, no one thinks about those people
Enter

Postby SpiritCrusher on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:10 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote::hand: don't you be crackin no whips at me girl!!!! :eyes:

i was just saying that they could have told everyone, even sent a brief note in with the tickets to explain (i'm sure there are people going who aren't aware of Vitek's death), rather than just sending tickets with '£5 donation' written on them!!! :wink:

Yeahh I agree man, but to be fair I think it's pretty budget; they sent my tickets out in a handwritten envelope... Haha. Nah I do know what you mean, all the advertising it as a free gig and getting people to text in on that assumption then throwing the £5 on is pretty cheeky, but I still think It's optional. I'm more than willing to pay it though, as long as it goes to the Vitek fund and the organisers don't just spend it on beer ;)

SpiritCrusher

Postby Stevedot2 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:06 pm

I'm not giving five pounds, it's a FREE gig, I never even listened to Decapitated anyway, I wouldn't give money for some random bloke I never heard of before.
Stevedot2

Postby Michalik on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:59 am

To just add that after advertising it as a free gig is pretty shitty of earache, i'll still donate £5 because i'm a big decapitated fan and hopefully the money does go to where it should do. But it should just be a voluntary fund where people can give as little or as much as they wish, obviously if your not a decapitated fan its more irrititating that they have done this.
Michalik

Postby Bestial Bill on Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:02 pm

Does anyone need tickets to this? I have a pair I can't use...
'Summon the cleansing of this world! Armageddon unleashed upon Earth!'
Bestial Bill

Postby SpiritCrusher on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:41 pm

Yes pleeeeeeeease :D I have mates who want to go!

SpiritCrusher

Postby Phillybomb on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:16 pm

£5 charge now, eh? Decapitated's contract with Earache ran out two years ago, and they've spent the time since shopping themselves about to other labels, so Earache are being pretty magnanimous by raising funds for him since he's not in 'their' band any more. The irony is that Decapitated signed to Metal Blade (I think it was) the week before their accident. That dude who died was only 23 and has a three year old kid at home, so I'll certainly pitch in a fiver myself for that, even though I think Decapitated and their whole genre smoke pink tips. Still, seeing that on the tickets probably looked a bit cheeky!

And hey, five blobs for The Bomb? What a steal! :D
Phillybomb

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:43 pm

^^^ exactly the point I was trying to make :)

whats happening after the gig?? does anyone have any crashable space?

also, someone better have a house party or something!!! haha
thrash metal maniac

Postby boovidge on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:43 pm

i have a spare ticket. anyone want it? price: a drink :P
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby boovidge on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:44 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:also, someone better have a house party or something!!! haha

:lol: that would be great
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby terrorizer on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:53 pm

boovidge wrote:i have a spare ticket. anyone want it? price: a drink :P

Only if the drink is going to the dead Decapitated dude's family.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby James on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:35 am

thrash metal maniac wrote:whats happening after the gig??

You could join Boove wandering around looking for a hostel again... :wink:
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Katze on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:47 am

Got the tickets hurrah.
Just realised i have an exam the following morning :/, oh wells.
Katze