Welcome to UK Thrash!

Mosh Pit

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Mosh Pit

Postby Jayles on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm making a short film about mosh pits, and was wondering if anyone knew of any good bands/venues to start looking into? I would like to find a very raw venue, with the focus just on people that really let go and lose all inhibitions in the music.

The film is presenting the act as a positive expression and appreciation for music, focusing on translating the actual experience as much as possible on screen.

So if you know anywhere or anyone that could help me I would be very grateful!

My email address is: jessie.ayles@spinetv.net

Thanks,
Jess
Jayles

Re: Mosh Pit

Postby James on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Please help Jess out if you can folks, she contacted me about this project and it sounds cool!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby STD_Caps on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:32 am

Jayles wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm making a short film about mosh pits, and was wondering if anyone knew of any good bands/venues to start looking into? I would like to find a very raw venue, with the focus just on people that really let go and lose all inhibitions in the music.

The film is presenting the act as a positive expression and appreciation for music, focusing on translating the actual experience as much as possible on screen.

So if you know anywhere or anyone that could help me I would be very grateful!

My email address is: jessie.ayles@spinetv.net

Thanks,
Jess

Try to get to hardcore show at the Underworld, they can often get quite nuts. If you speak to the venue beforehand, they might be able to help you get at the far end of the venue by the stage for prime viewing/recording. That would be my most obvious recommendation.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby STD_Caps on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am

First Blood play in 5 days (14th August) at the Underworld. It's SxE Hardcore and that often tends to get fairly 'boisterous'. Later on - Sept 25th - they have Nasum/Black Breath which is also likely to be quite full on. And then they've got the ridiculously neanderthal hardcore of Terror on the 18th October. These should all be prime pitting gigs.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby Jayles on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks guys, that's really helpful!

Do you know of any venues outside of London as well?
Jayles