Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Heretic, Doctor Death, Damnas - Purple Turtle - March 12th

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:20 pm

heretic tk r jbs
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Immortalicide on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:33 pm

MartinC wrote:
The Fourth Norseman wrote:some people who shall remain nameless for legal reasons attacked a certain frontman due to certain forum banter

It's not banter... not now.

The only reason I'm not keen on saying what happened is because obviously some people on here take things a little too seriously and get a little bit too excited. I might take the piss now and again, but I'm never violent to anyone. From my experience with promoters, they don't usually book bands that have a reputation for being violent twats, so they didn't do themselves any favours at all. The only favour they did was for me, because now every cunt is talking about Heretic.

if someone did attack martin for things he has said on here then that is shitty. I mean, anyone who really spends some time talking to martin will see he isnt really an arrogant tosser, i think it is just his ruse to get his band noticed, and as he said above, it has worked and still is working.
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Yeah it has to be said that Martin was a lovely cuddly bear man. It just makes all his comments on here even funnier to me now.

As for the main culprit responsible, it just proves what we all were thinking really.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby James on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:41 pm

The whole thing is just the next rung on the Heretic PR ladder!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby MartinC on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:44 pm

I just can't believe I got attacked by the lead singer from Suicidal Tendencies. I'm honoured, I should have asked for his autograph.
MartinC

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:46 pm

:lol:
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Lol, right i should go back to sleep or something. Waking up with the flu is not fun.

I hope you all don't get it, although that would make me laugh.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Dian Wei

Postby James on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:49 pm

You're as bad as Cartman!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:51 pm

I know, that is why you all love me.

Dian Wei

Postby zykloned on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:05 pm

I don't think what happened last night has any influence on peoples views towards Heretics music, whoever didn't like it before, won't suddenly go 'aww, ...' and start to like them out of sympathy.
zykloned

Postby radioactive rik on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:06 pm

forums are a double edged sword.
i personally think if you havent got anything positive to say about a band then keep it to yourself/dont type it.

if whilst on a topic you know the other forum member personally ie friends/fans from gigs or bandmates etc then go ahead and joke around.

all im saying is;watch what you type because unless you know the person,you may be in a dispute with anyone
as we all go by blog/nicknames.
i dont bother arguing on here (even if in good humour)because the last thing i want at a gig is a sneaky smash to the face in a mosh by someone who has worked out who i am on here and then me not having a clue who it was or why it happened.

i have a mate who ive known since i was 12 and we can insult and take the piss out of eachother.
i wouldnt do the same to a complete stranger on the street so i dont do it here.

its ok to debate/have opinions though,just do it constructively or even private messaging.that way we can avoid bitching/gossip or any trouble etc.we should all be enjoying every aspect and type of thrash.

THRASHERS UNITE,PLEASE DONT FIGHT!(if you wanna take the piss out of that last part in capitals feel free as i know its cheesier than an unwashed helmet)but still should be taken into consideration.

anyway,im gonna shut up now before i get bombarded with death threats,and yeah last night was good for me as i had to leave before whatever happened anyway
Last edited by radioactive rik on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:12 pm

radioactive rik wrote:all im saying is;watch what you type because unless you know the person,you may be in a dispute with anyone
as we all go by blog/nicknames.

Watch out, because there's always someone ready to take your place and do your job...better than you...do it.

~ ~

I agree to an extent - it's pointless saying things on a forum that you wouldn't say to someone's face, but if that thing is in good humour to start with, it shouldn't do any harm (if those at the receiving end have a funny bone).

I don't know the details but it sounds like people just took things way too seriously, and partook of some twattery they were probably looking for an excuse for in the first place.

James
Administrator

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:13 pm

Tbh i don't think it is that good an idea, if people don't say they dislike things then ego get filled with praise and god complexes get created.

But if someone is stupid enough to actually take offence to something said on the internet. Then they are genuinely a candidate for eugenics.

We do walk a weird boundary though, i mean we listen to aggressive music, and there are going to be people that are just in in for that aspect. So it is a mixed bag really.

Ho hum. I need more lemsip.

Dian Wei

Postby thrashduck on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:20 pm

UKThrash: Thrash, don't smash (in the face)
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Povey on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:20 pm

We put on Heretic a while back at Reanimator and had no problem with them, Ok well they were pretty sucky that night but they turned up played and caused no beef to anyone.

I find Martin quite funny and more importantly can tell the difference between the internet Martin and Heretic Martin you know....

Fuck I have beef with certain bands we have put on in the past, but its no getting all riled up about is it, I just think of the bigger picture.
Povey