Welcome to UK Thrash!

RESILIENCE RECORDS X-MAS BASH @ THE PURPLE TURTLE!!!

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: RESILIENCE RECORDS X-MAS BASH @ THE PURPLE TURTLE!!!

Postby Lev on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:44 am

Don't encourage.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby Katze on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:48 am

Looks like plod and I will be making it to this after all!
Katze

Postby origamikid on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:01 pm

guys im fucking ill and overtired so i cant troop it down from southampton for tonite im affraid.

Lookforward to meeting you all another time tho!!

:(
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby James on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:29 pm

radioactive rik wrote:im gonna jog home,get changed,jog back to gatwick,get train and tubes then hopefully make it to the turtle by 7.30/8ish.
i hope i make it in time so i dont miss Deceptor :pray:

You'd better make it some fast jogging, as we're on at 7:30! :pray: Though I don't know why I'm typing this on Monday afternoon as you will be at work.

Anyway, this is going to be a great event, really looking forward to the whole thing! Right, now I'd better get a move on!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby zykloned on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Someone better ring up Spice Boys and tell them to close the shutters when they see Rik!!! :lol:
zykloned

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:43 pm

i just managed to sneak away 40mins early :dance:
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby meluaz on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:51 am

ooooooooohhhhhh myyymmymymymymyyyy fffrrrreeeaaaakkkkiiinnnggggg god!!!!!!!! (im not drunk, i didnt drink at all) that was freaking amazing!!!! mutants best performance! and paul sang for psycho surgery! was fucking insane! damnas were fucking great too, though a naked man did hug me, i hope that was not caught on camera
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby zykloned on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:05 am

Fucking great man. All the bands were awesome. I think Elimination have improved ten-fold, and everyone was saying that as well, so really good to see, Deceptor were incredible, was great to finally see STD, altho I had to go and sort me amp out for Freshney, I missed some full nudity apparenlty! (I thought caps only went down to his boxers..apparenlty not!!) freshney were hilarious, i don't think i stopped laughing once! we made a few clangers but i don't care, im quite drunk, hopefully everyone had a good time because that's why we do it! (and for the women....we're still waiting for the women..damn) and mutant were outstanding!

great night, and i stole donnys toxic tapes (sorry bro) so yeh, ..wickid man, safe jamie for putting it on, you owe me a drink you short man (what are those called?)

really good to see a crowd make all the effort to come down to a night like this, respect to all, kisses to the ladies, and will someone make me a steak epleas, SAFE.

happy birthday donyny, have a cabbage (lettuce)
zykloned

Postby MartinC on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:08 am

Bah humbug!
MartinC

Postby Lee4 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:35 am

Was a wicked night... had a great time... we had pure technical problems but we still had a good crack.
awesome turn out... good to see some familiar faces!
pure respect!
saaaaafe!

johnnyboi i love you
x
Lee4

Postby meluaz on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:27 am

gah i forgot my damn toxic tapes!!!! its alright il jus watch it online
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:58 am

Oh bloody hell, jesus fuck balls! That was the best night ever. Well done all. Elimination were indeed quite nice, still got to say I kind of started to get a bit bored in places... but maybe that kind of thrash just isn't my thing. What is my thing, however, is fucking Deceptor! They were amazing. AMAZING! So bloody good. Soothsayer and Rotter stood out in my mind after the gig, even though the whole set was completely amazing. Such a brilliant band. Bill's poses are amazing, brilliant! Apologies I forgot to get the money out for the t-shirt, but if you could keep hold of it for me for next time, that would be great, haha!

STD were next, who were fucking awesome. I've watched these guys evolve since, well, since the band started pretty much! They've come along amazingly well, and this gig was, I think, a peak for them. So good to finally see them play to everyone, on a big stage as well, it was brilliant. Caps... well, what can I say about him. Remarkable. And I have to say, Jamie's definitely more terrifying in this band than he is in Doctor Death. In a good way.

I needed to warm up during River Freshney's set unfortunately, as I didn't want to injure myself in my hour of doom. But I watched a bit of them from up above next to the stage, and they seemed to be on fine hilarious form as usual! The best thing was hearing that Jamie's dad left halfway though their set, commenting, "This is wank!" Brilliant.

Well, then came the best hour or so that I've ever had ever. With Damnas, I must say, fucking hell! That was definitely the best gig I've ever played (along with the following set..), not just with these guys, but with anyone. Man, the crowd were insane. Bloody hell! Crowd surfing and everything! It was so amazing, fuck. Yeah we messed up a couple of times, but they were minor errors that really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I had the bloody time of my life!

And then it was time for Mutant! AAAAAAAAAHH! I thought I was going to be knackered, but I was so hyped up from the Damnas set that I was ready to go for another 7 hours. God, I bloody tell you, being in Mutant is so much bloody fun. I was so unbelievably happy at this point, it was the best thing ever. I had so much fun, and it was such a bloody great gig. Jumping around on stage with Tom and Sam was the best thing ever! (I don't know how many times I've said 'best thing ever' now in this post) It was the first time for me playing THUMP and Wreck Your Neck live also, and what a treat it was! All in all, pretty bloody unbelievable.

So basically, I can't believe it. A million billion thank yous to everyone who came down and made this night the amazing event it was! And the biggest thank you in the world to Jamie, not only for putting on great events like this, but for introducing me to UK Thrash in the first place, I've met so many amazing people and have somehow managed to join these two unbelievable bands, it's made my life completely amazing. Thank you! And more thank yous to my boys in Damnas for giving me lots of lovely encouragement and support in joining Mutant and being nice, and thank you to Mutant for having me!

Anyway, that's enough of that, I'm getting all emotional and gay now. Basically well done everyone, that was the best.
jonny_boy34

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:17 am

Haha that sounds amazing, well done all. Was this stuff filmed? (going from what Zurab said).

Haha must have been cool seeing people stage dive to your music.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby meluaz on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 pm

the whole of mutant set was filmed, not sure about others
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby MartinC on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:22 pm

So basically, I can't believe it. A million billion thank yous to everyone who came down and made this night the amazing event it was! And the biggest thank you in the world to Jamie, not only for putting on great events like this, but for introducing me to UK Thrash in the first place, I've met so many amazing people and have somehow managed to join these two unbelievable bands, it's made my life completely amazing. Thank you! And more thank yous to my boys in Damnas for giving me lots of lovely encouragement and support in joining Mutant and being nice, and thank you to Mutant for having me!

There goes Jamie Elton... I must remember to thank him.
MartinC