Welcome to UK Thrash!

London recording recommendations?

Chat about playing musical instruments

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

London recording recommendations?

Postby The Quarry on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Hello everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this, but I'm after a spot of help and/or advice.

We're looking to get some demos recorded in the next month or two, so we're looking for somewhere to do it and somebody to do all the button pressing and boring shit that we don't understand, and to shout at us to do another take or whatever it is these engineer types do – we've always self recorded in the past and it's been a pain in the arse.

Here are our criteria:

• Must be able to handle music ranging from "metal as fuck" to "overblown to the max" (obviously)

• Relatively cheap – we have two unemployeds and a student in the band, so we're skint as all buggery and I need a new guitar cab

• Preferably in London, or available at weekends within reasonable striking distance of London.

Any suggestions from anyone?
The Quarry

Re: London recording recommendations?

Postby Bastard Child on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:46 pm

The Cro's nest.
It's one guy in his attic just south of Croyden but he's done loads of stuff there. Very quick and quite cheep. The second half of the Nebukadnezza album was done there as well as some of the River Freshney tracks. He's done several of the UK hardcore bands as well.
Jamie the midget admin on this forum can do live recordings in earthwork studios. So If you want a quick live recording then it's pretty good. Check out Dead existence myspace song underhanded to her this.
Only other one I know of is Zed one in Camden, don't know their rates but they have some hardcore and metal producers there that do good jobs. Jamie Gomez there recorded DAM.

Hope this helps.
Bastard Child

Postby The Quarry on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Cheers for the suggestions, Bastard! Will check them out.
The Quarry

Postby zykloned on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:08 pm

+ 1 to both of those.
zykloned