No votes
Warlord
No votes
Impaler
No votes

Total votes : 30

Re: Favourite British Death Metal?

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 am

Napalm Death aren't actually death metal anyway.

They're grindcore and bloody good at it.
http://www.myspace.com/letemburn666 - Enrich your life and eardrums.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Tue May 05, 2009 12:18 am

This ^ +1

I can't be arsed voting as I don't feel like it and as Trey said, it's all about the feeling.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby GoreBastard on Tue May 05, 2009 12:21 am

Yeah, true they're grindcore, and better than all the other bands listed, because of Barneys voice!
It's a damn shame that todays "grindcore" is so fucking shite.
GoreBastard

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Tue May 05, 2009 12:26 am

The new Brutal Truth is fucking brilliant.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby James on Tue May 05, 2009 12:28 am

I saw Extreme Noise Terror supporting Massacre in Islington, thought they were total tripe.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby GoreBastard on Tue May 05, 2009 12:28 am

Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn wrote:The new Brutal Truth is fucking brilliant.

WHAT!!!!

I didn't even fucking know they were still writing!!
Shit on my chest, I have to check that out!!
Nice one!!

Also, when I say todays "grindcore", I was talking about all this shit I keep hearing with pig-squeals and "breakdowns" or what ever the fucking gay kids are calling it!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
GoreBastard

Postby thrasherdave on Tue May 05, 2009 12:33 am

You mean Deathcore??

That makes me want to devour my own face. Relating it to grind in any way should be punishable by death.
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Tue May 05, 2009 12:35 am

Oh man, it's a fucking face melter. It's called 'Evolution Through Revolution' so check it out.

Japanese grindcore like Melt Banana and Bathtub Shitter are highly recommended as are an American band called Discordance Axis and an album called 'The Inalienable Dreamless' featuring the ace Dave Witte on drums (yes, he of Muni Waste fame) also anything by the now sadly defunct Nasum, Insect Warfare, The Locust, Mumakil, Phobia, Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Blood Duster are pretty much essential.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby GoreBastard on Tue May 05, 2009 12:38 am

thrasherdave wrote:You mean Deathcore??

That makes me want to devour my own face. Relating it to grind in any way should be punishable by death.

Yeah, that's it, Deathcore. But there's also alot of new grindcore bands out there that follow alot of the same standards as deathcore bands. Same shit, different label I guess. I don't remember the last time I heared a good new band.

Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn wrote:Oh man, it's a fucking face melter. It's called 'Evolution Through Revolution' so check it out.

I will definately do that.

Japanese grindcore like Melt Banana and Bathtub Shitter are highly recommended as are an American band called Discordance Axis and an album called 'The Inalienable Dreamless' featuring the ace Dave Witte on drums (yes, he of Muni Waste fame) also anything by the now sadly defunct Nasum, Insect Warfare, The Locust, Mumakil, Phobia, Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Blood Duster are pretty much essential.

I'll also check those out. I do like Phobia alot. I'm sure I ordered one of their albums online months ago and it didn't come. I'll have to look into that. Not a fan of the Locust though, that stuff is too insane for my membrane...
GoreBastard

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Tue May 05, 2009 12:42 am

I absolutely love it.

Check out John Zorn too if you already haven't. His band Naked City released an album called 'Torture Garden' and it's just stupidly mentalized.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby GoreBastard on Tue May 05, 2009 12:46 am

I'll check all this stuff out tomorrow after work when I'm sober and not in danger of waking my girlfriend up with the horrific sounds of grindcore and pain! (she's asleep at the side of me, so unless I want to keep my bollocks I better not play any metal!!)

Cheers for the info mate, I've been after some decend grind bands for ages. :D
GoreBastard

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Tue May 05, 2009 1:02 am

No worries mate, John Zorn aint exactly new but it's completely mental. Also check out a band called Sleep Terror and the album 'Probing Tranquillity'.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby Destruction on Tue May 05, 2009 1:59 am

Speaking of Melt Banana they are touring the UK this month btw, They're brillaint live. Suprised to see anyone like them around these parts but if that list of grind you clearly have good taste :)

I'm going the Manchester show, The Ergon Carousel are supporting an Insane Narcosis/Beecher mix up. It'll melt your fucking face off. http://www.myspace.com/rocklikeergon

Speaking of Witte I also reconmend his project with Chris Dodge called East West Blast Test, called so because they both lived of different coast so made an album by recording their part and sending it to the other guy or something. http://www.myspace.com/eastwestblasttest

I dont think Witte has been in a shit band, Burnt by the Sun, Discordance Axis, Municipal Waste, Melt-Banana, Human Remains and whatever the fuck else he has been in. Plus he was somewhat cool about me nearly wiping out his entire kit last time I saw Municipal Waste.

Ah the locust, one band everyone needs to see live, pure brain rape.

I know this is going away from Uk Death Metal and more into "Artsy" Grind or whatever but it's great stuff either way.
We Spit On Those Who Choose To Pose
We Thrash With All The Rest
Destruction

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue May 05, 2009 7:36 am

Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn wrote:Napalm Death aren't actually death metal anyway.

They're grindcore and bloody good at it.

Well.... Harmony Corruption is death metal if you ask me.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue May 05, 2009 7:42 am

GoreBastard wrote:Cheers for the info mate, I've been after some decend grind bands for ages. :D

Have you not heard the first Defecastion album? They're on the list. Theres a few death metal moments on that album which is why ive listed it. But its Mitch and Mick Harris by themselves, and the album is flawless. Sounds like stuff from FETO with perfect production for that style. Mick Harris isnt the best vocalist but he is good and Mitch sounds like like Lee Dorian from the Mentally Murdered EP (my favourite Napalm Death release by a mile).
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan