Welcome to UK Thrash!

The most disappointing things in life

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

The most disappointing things in life

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:44 pm

What are your five most disappointing things in life? I'm talking generally here, not specific events, but just the general things of life that happen and disppoint you a lot. Mine are:

1. An overcooked steak
2. A bad cup of tea (bad meaning the tea hasn't been brewed for long enough and it's too milky, or someone has accidentally put two spoonfuls of sugar in it - that last one has only happened to me once about a year ago, but I nearly cried)
3. When you crack on egg open to fry it and the yolk breaks, or you cook it too long and the yolk is hard
4. When a band has a new album coming out, puts an amazing song from it up on the internet, then you buy the album and find out the rest of it is rubbish, like the new Heaven and Hell album.
5. When you play through a brilliant computer game and it has a rubbish ending, like Resident Evil 4.
Last edited by jonny_boy34 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonny_boy34

Re: The most disappointing things in life

Postby James on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Alton Towers - it's rubbish. Next?
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Haha, I knew someone was going to say that.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:54 pm

I really didn't want to, but I also really didn't want Martin to swoop in on such a golden opportunity before me. I will have a proper think of five things later.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby Povey on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:15 pm

These two I learnt a lesson on tour and pack accordingly now.

- When you have a really satisfying poo because you have had to hold it in because of sqaut/smaller venue's conditions, then go to a bigger venue and find out there is no toilet paper!
- On the road without tea. Get to a venue find out the rider consists of tea (lemon) or normal tea but no milk!

- When people say lets hang out, ill text you later. Then you get a message later why did'nt you text me to remind me you know what I am like.
- MGS4, Great game but I like playing games that I paid for not watching a movie
- When Americans ask me if I am from London and do I know the Queen.
Povey

Postby zykloned on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:06 pm

- Not knowing the Colonels 11 secret herbs and spices.
- Having to piss SO much when you drink beer. Seriously, it's not necessary! Sort it out!
- Slow drivers / slow people.
- The tube, stopping unnecessarily at every-single-station and ALWAYS when you're late for something!
- The 'no drinking' rule on the tube as well. By the time you get to where you are, you're sober again!
zykloned

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:05 pm

1-running out of tomato ketchup/hot sauce.
2-completing a video game only to be shown a "congratulations:now try the harder mode" screen.
3-when girls txt "youre a really nice guy but....blah blah blah"(basically when they dont want to meet again for some shit/lame reasons).
4-drunken one night stands can be disappointing(depending on the alcohol level :lol: )
5-junkmail ie:txt service messages,email spam and 'reserved loan' example letters through the post.

other things which i wanted to include were:
-girls having to have periods(then again i bet its even more disappointing for them since they have blood coming out their fanny)
-being asked to put a condom on once youve already started proceedings(ruining the atmosphere).
-buying a pack of 6 football stickers and finding that you already have 5 of them,so you have to wait till school to hopefully 'swap' them for ones you need.
-having things stolen ie:bike/videogames/belongings etc.thieving is fucking cuntish and really low especially when its done by supposed 'mates'.
-'no diving' policies.(at gigs AND swimming pools)
-kinder eggs.
-your mum.ha!
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 pm

I think there's a bit of a difference between disappointing things and generally annoying things. If it was a list of generally annoying things then I would also have slow people on mine, especially in tube stations/escalators! But "disappointing" should really mean things you expect to be better, but let you down.

One of the most heart-wrenchingly disappointing moments for me in recent months was when Pagan Altar came on stage for about 2 songs at the British Steel fest, and then had to finish because the gig was running so late. It shows what a sheltered life I lead though when that is a genuine cause for distress :lol:

Staying on the musical theme, I agree that crappy albums from great bands is another grievous occasion - compared to Brave New World, the two most recent Maiden albums have been pretty disappointing (especially AMOLAD).

James
Administrator

Postby terrorizer on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:18 pm

1. Warm white wine.
2. Tea not made in a tea pot.
3. A foreign film on Channel 4 that has no tit in it whatsoever.
4. Chocolate bars that have not been in the fridge first.
5. Eating the last sweet in the packet and wishing you'd savoured the rest in the same way.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby thrashduck on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:32 pm

radioactive rik wrote:-being asked to put a condom on once youve already started proceedings(ruining the atmosphere).
-buying a pack of 6 football stickers and finding that you already have 5 of them,so you have to wait till school to hopefully 'swap' them for ones you need.

:lol:

Does this happen on the same day Rik?! Plans for today.. shag.. buy football stickers..

Ahum.

Payday?
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Paul,if a pack of condoms,a pack of stickers and a packet of crisps were part of my daily routine,then everyday would be like payday.

unfortunately its only the crisps part of the above list which actually plays a part in my life at the moment.

alternatively if you tried to imply i pay for sex...then id only pay her for a good job IF:she were to stick the football stickers into the album really neatly using her pussy juice aka gusset glue for extra adhesive whilst in the nude of course.(god im desperate)

a whole new meaning to Fantasy football aiii! OR a wet dream...team ahaha(oh dear) :wall:
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Creeping Dan on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:02 pm

James wrote:Alton Towers - it's rubbish. Next?

So untrue. The Oblivion is one of the coolest rides ever.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby thrashduck on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Creeping Dan wrote:
James wrote:Alton Towers - it's rubbish. Next?

So untrue. The Oblivion is one of the coolest rides ever.

Dan, would you PLEASE start watching the Office, it's getting embarassing.

GUSSET GLUE! :lol:
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:42 pm

I nearly spat my dinner out over that.

Waking up and finding out that my dreams are not reality, that gets me quite often.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 am

Yeah I know what you mean Billy. I had a dream last night that I bought the new Astra album, only to wake up and find that I still have to buy it, for goodness sake.
jonny_boy34