Welcome to UK Thrash!

2019:Ater the fall of new york (now UNCUT and on youtube!!)

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

2019:Ater the fall of new york (now UNCUT and on youtube!!)

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:16 pm

this rare lowbudget post nuclear sci fi movie is so cool but ive yet to find anyone who can relate to it.
saw it 12 years ago on vhs when i was 12.it was an 18 but they never care at carboots.
it was recently released on region 1 dvd a year or two back,fully uncut,with exploding heads/impaling etc put back in.
it features a lone warrior,a cyborg,dwarf gang,half ape gang,an evil elite power called the euracs to name but a few.EVEN AN ARMOURED SCRAPCAR RACE TO THE DEATH!
set in a diseased future wasteland,the future of mankind lies in finding the only fertile woman left,the ensuing bloodshed is classic b movie stuff.

type it in YOUTUBE and CHECK IT OUT!
see what ya'll reckon.
Last edited by radioactive rik on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
radioactive rik

Postby James on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3gA-EZj ... re=related

Haha, why would a nuclear holocaust make the bad guys dress like that?!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:30 pm

yeah!
they look like cheap darth vader ripp offs in converted football helmets/fencing masks.

cheers for getting that vid link up.im still too slow to work out how to do all that
radioactive rik

Postby Povey on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:19 pm

I have this on dvd, if its the one with the massive giant dude called Monkey Man its well ace.

I remember something about rival gangs meeting up for a fight and this bad ass drummer just sitting there playing away. It might be Bronx Warriors im thinking of tho

But basically yeah Cyber Punk/ Apoc movies FTW!!?
Povey

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:53 pm

I can't really think of many good films set in a post-apocalyptic warzone. There needs to be more made.
Metal Iain

Postby Povey on Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:12 pm

They really should make more films like the opening scene of Terminator.
Povey

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Exactly.

When I thought about that post I immediately thought of the sequence in that film when the Terminators get into the rebel compound and unleash Hell in the form of a gatling gun and all the dogs go apeshit.

Good film.
Metal Iain

Postby James on Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Povey wrote:They really should make more films like the opening scene of Terminator.

I've always wanted a sequel set in that time/landscape (if done WELL)
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:44 pm

James wrote:
Povey wrote:They really should make more films like the opening scene of Terminator.

I've always wanted a sequel set in that time/landscape (if done WELL)

Never going to happen.

I'm one of the only people I know who would have been fine if Terminator II hadn't been made. Sure, it's a great action flick, but it's kind of pointless when you think about it. The fact they undid the 'progress' made in Terminator II by making Terminator III and planning IV just adds to this.

If, like me, you're a sad git when it comes to directors' cuts and what not and have watched the deleted scenes from Terminator, you realise that it would have been impossible to make the sequels had they been included. Well, it could have been done but there wouldn't have been much to add on seeing as Sarah Conner brings up the idea of pre-empting the future by taking down Cyberdine Systems. It's quite cool actually - the factory where she has the Terminator crushed is directly across from a Cyberdine office.

Fuck!

I'm going to have to watch it tonight now.

My general point is, no Terminator film has improved upon the first and spinning out the franchise is just detracting from what was a fantastic horror film.
Metal Iain

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:49 pm

I agree the original Terminator is a lofty perch indeed. T2 was good but pointless, extended Linda Hamilton's career by a few years i am guessing though.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Spencer on Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:03 pm

James wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3gA-EZj_ck&feature=related

Haha, why would a nuclear holocaust make the bad guys dress like that?!

That looks so bad :lol:

I must see this film.
Spencer

Postby Povey on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Ive been downloading the Sarah Connor Chronicles off the interwebs and have been quite enjoying them.

Definetly much better the T3, I reccomend you check it out.

I heard that T4 is coming out and Christian Bale has been cast in it, Im not sure as who but you know it'll be bad ass with him it. Its apparently set in the future, so here is hoping.
Povey

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:01 pm

Whether you class games workshop as cool or gay!a warhammer 40,000 movie would be a great idea if done well.or videogames like contra etc.
it would be cool to have a modern groundbreaking movie set in the far future like on terminator1.i was sooo dissapointed with terminator 3.the 3D ride/thing in america had better scenes and was all in the wasteland with lasers etc.
the 3rd matrix was the closest thing to an epic future war scene in my opinion.
anyway roll on rambo 4 next week.although not in future there will still be some old style,mindless,macho,high bodycount action.
radioactive rik

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:25 pm

radioactive rik wrote:Whether you class games workshop as cool or gay!a warhammer 40,000 movie would be a great idea if done well.or videogames like contra etc.
it would be cool to have a modern groundbreaking movie set in the far future like on terminator1.i was sooo dissapointed with terminator 3.the 3D ride/thing in america had better scenes and was all in the wasteland with lasers etc.
the 3rd matrix was the closest thing to an epic future war scene in my opinion.
anyway roll on rambo 4 next week.although not in future there will still be some old style,mindless,macho,high bodycount action.

Quite literally the worst grammar I have ever seen.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:47 pm

sorry,but not being from BRAINtree myself i wasnt to realise,thanks
radioactive rik