Welcome to UK Thrash!

Fuck!

Chat about playing musical instruments

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Fuck!

Postby Metal Iain on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:55 pm

Just snapped a string, and it was a fucking D string! The last time I snapped one before this was when I still had an Ibanez, about 18 months ago!

:wall:

Still, my record prior to that for not snapping a string was just over a year.

I blame Bark At the Moon! The string snapped at the bridge so I can also blame sweat.

:lol:

Still, don't think I have time to restring my guitar tomorrow what with having to read for an essay, the rugby and going out.
Metal Iain

Postby Atom on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:04 am

I hate snapping strings because I absolute hate anything to do with guitars that isn't playing them and that includes re-stringing, fixing etc.!
Atom

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:10 am

Hmm, I tend to restring my guitar between every 1 and 3 weeks so I'm quite used to setting up guitars.

My guitar was in Eb and I want to go back to E so it'll take a little longer than usual, when I get round to it.
Metal Iain

Postby MartinC on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:37 pm

When I snap a string I just make Lyall re-string it by refusing to play any gigs until he does. Works every time.
MartinC

Postby Immortalicide on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:40 pm

As i spent 21 years as a butcher, i have always got really pissed off when rolling joints of meat (especially Briskets, which are rolled mega-tight), as the nylon string i use shouldn't ever snap, but the bastard sometimes does and when you are pulling it so hard too!! A couple of times i've actually hit myself in the 'nads!!! Not at all pleasant!!! :shock:
Immortalicide

Postby Steve on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:54 pm

I snapped my mate's g-string last night :lol:
GoreBastard wrote:Trust those black metal folk to take their music to the next level of gay!

Steve

Postby Immortalicide on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm

\m/Steve\m/ wrote:I snapped my mate's g-string last night :lol:

Hope he's forgiven you, but it's probably best we don't ask how you damaged his underwear!!
Immortalicide

Postby boovidge on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:11 pm

duuude. keep your personal life to yourself eh :wink:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby Steve on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:41 pm

OK the thing is he got a g-string for his birthday with a monkey head on the front that made noises when you press it. He insisted on wearing it, so the rest of us took the piss by punching him in the bollocks and snapping his string :twisted:
GoreBastard wrote:Trust those black metal folk to take their music to the next level of gay!

Steve

Postby RUSS on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Immortalicide wrote:As i spent 21 years as a butcher, i have always got really pissed off when rolling joints of meat (especially Briskets, which are rolled mega-tight), as the nylon string i use shouldn't ever snap, but the bastard sometimes does and when you are pulling it so hard too!! A couple of times i've actually hit myself in the 'nads!!! Not at all pleasant!!! :shock:

Yeah I worked in a butchers for a couple a years and had the same problem as you!
It's time for the Midlane Confidence Building Course you C**t
RUSS

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:59 pm

Better to snap a G string than a Banjo string. My flat mate did that. I heard it was quite messy.
Metal Iain

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:34 pm

Metal Iain wrote:Better to snap a G string than a Banjo string. My flat mate did that. I heard it was quite messy.

I have also heard the same thing... :?

But guitar are easy to restring and I quite enjoy setting it up really nicely especially with new strings!!! I never break a string ever, sod's law one'll snap at the gig tonite now i've said it :doh:
thrash metal maniac

Postby MartinC on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:47 pm

Metal Iain wrote:

Better to snap a G string than a Banjo string. My flat mate did that. I heard it was quite messy.

I cringed.
MartinC

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:41 pm

MartinC wrote:
Metal Iain wrote:

I cringed.

I laughed. The funny thing is I didn't find out 'til my other flatmate texted me whilst I was taking a shit in the library bogs.
Metal Iain

Postby MartinC on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:02 pm

Metal Iain wrote:
MartinC wrote:
Metal Iain wrote:

I cringed.

I laughed. The funny thing is I didn't find out 'til my other flatmate texted me whilst I was taking a shit in the library bogs.

Ahhh the old shit in the library bogs. Many times have Sheffield Hallam felt the smelly wrath of Martin J. Crawford.
MartinC