Welcome to UK Thrash!

Desolation Angels - "Feels Like Thunder" boxset

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Desolation Angels - "Feels Like Thunder" boxset

Postby blacktears on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:05 am

Any fans here of this classic 80s British band? Along with Elixir, they were the best band doing the London circuit (oh, and Chariot as well) in the mid-80s.

If so, I would strongly recommend you save up to purchase the 4 CD boxset, released by Cyclone Empire.

Not familiar with the band yet? Check out their material on the link below. I am not so keen on their more commercial material recorded when they relocated to the US, but love their ripping mid 80s material like "Satan's Child" & "Death Machine" & "Fury". That is just classic British Metal. REAL HEAVY METAL FOR HEADBANGERS :wall:

www.myspace.com/desolationangeluk
"Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras"
blacktears

Re: Desolation Angels - "Feels Like Thunder" boxset

Postby James on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:09 am

I was really excited about this boxset when I heard about it, I'd really like to buy it sometime.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby blacktears on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 am

Another band that should play some gigs in 2009.

How about Witchfinder General, Desolation Angels, Pagan Altar and Hell for a kick-ass show?
blacktears

Postby James on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:16 am

That's not far off some rumour I heard of another Miskatonic Christmas bash, also featuring Scarab (though Witchfinder General were never mentioned explictly). Would be insane!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby blacktears on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:22 am

James wrote:That's not far off some rumour I heard of another Miskatonic Christmas bash, also featuring Scarab (though Witchfinder General were never mentioned explictly). Would be insane!

Yeah, that was meant to be planned for last Christmas, but I think it was a bit too soon for a couple of the bands to be ready for a live show - plus there was venue issues around that time of the year - all booked up.
blacktears