Welcome to UK Thrash!

UKU-Metal

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

UKU-Metal

Postby ukumetal on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:55 am

Hi Guys, heres a little site dedicated to UK based metal. Please send in demos and gig info so we can keep it up-to-date. Also we are a little lapse on Thrash at the moment so get your stuff to us.

Thanks

http://www.uku-metal.co.uk
ukumetal

Re: UKU-Metal

Postby metaltony on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Nice site
metaltony

Postby ukumetal on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:51 pm

thank you..v kind
ukumetal

Postby ukumetal on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 am

The new magazine is now online at www.uku-metal.co.uk. have a look or don't. Cheers and beers either way. Alex
ukumetal

Postby Resilience Records on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 pm

although the content and the layout is a little rough (at the moment), the idea is FANTASTIC! really cool thing to do, a virtual magazine with proper scroll through pages as if you are reading the real thing.

i think its a great idea, and clearly done with the right intentions. good luck with this - i hope it takes off and is a success.

my only constructive critisim would be to focus on broader range of UK underground metal, not just death/extreme (there is a growing scene for trad HM, and of course Thrash, Doom, etc etc) and also to get a designer to do the layout of the pages, as they are a bit off-putting at the moment, but given a simple brush of the canvas it could all look very nice and flow a bit better.

Really impressed, looking forward to the next issue!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby James on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:36 pm

This looks really cool actually! And I kind of like the rough look, it makes it feel more like reading the online equivalent of a cut'n'paste zine, and the fact that the layout and text is quite dated gives it an old-fashioned feel, which is one of the things I like about printed zines. I don't really like reading big articles on overly polished and modern websites, so I actually find this a lot more readable than most e-zines.

I also like how multimedia has been integrated, such as video interviews and sound clips.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Very nice site. Not too shabby.
Some people call them demons. I call them bitches.
TurboHyperUltraMega