Welcome to UK Thrash!

Bloodstock

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Bloodstock roll call

Postby Herzeleid on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:03 pm

Immortalicide wrote:
Herzeleid wrote:Nooo Mort, he means the big one with the upturned 'wasted' hat...You know the one, you met his family :P

fucking hell yeah, the obese one with greasy hair and dodgy teeth and breath like satans armpit!!! Nice bloke tho :?

:lol: what a description

Stevedot2 wrote:Stop complaining you black cunt.

http://www.myspace.com/superking - Don't look at meeee!
Herzeleid

Postby thrashduck on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:04 pm

It wasn't him, it was one of the other guys with longish brown hair.. he was typically incredibly wasted, so we'll let him off...
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:07 pm

thrashduck wrote:It wasn't him, it was one of the other guys with longish brown hair.. he was typically incredibly wasted, so we'll let him off...

i blame lev, and as he isnt here to defend himself it stands! where is the little nob anyway??? He did say it was gonna take him about 7 hours to get home, so by the time hes showered 5 times, brushed his teeth, drank 10 capri suns, brushed his teeth again, and then neatly folded his clothes away and had "a little rest" i expect he will be here about 11 pm :lol:
Immortalicide

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Someone please just bloody tell me, how were Opeth? What waqs their setlist? AAARAGGHG!@!@!
jonny_boy34

Postby Bangover on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:21 pm

you have no idea
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Opeth were tight and good n' all but not a festival headliner, it was weird. More suited to indoor intimate settings.

Biggest epic fail of the weekend has to come from Alestorm. Never have I been so exited to see a band and be let down so much. Did anyone last the whole gig?

Was fucking ace meeting you all / see you again, kept an eye out for yerz on sunday but I wouldn't have been much company anyway as I was crashing & burning. We had a few chats with a few VIP bods and yeah, the future looks more secure for HOD so thanks for everything.

*In the style of a church bell*
SHIT BAND NO FANS
SHIT BAND NO FAAAANNNSS
*BonG*
*BonG*
Timeless :lol:
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby thrashduck on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:27 pm

Ohh Alestorm weren't that bad, come on...
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Herzeleid on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Alestorm were fucking brilliant Feemo! I had an amazing time

Great band, many fans

Herzeleid

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:31 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:Someone please just bloody tell me, how were Opeth? What waqs their setlist? AAARAGGHG!@!@!

They opened with a boring song. They closed with a boring song, and they filled the time inbetween with boring songs.
While they were on, i was sat at home eating a chinese takeaway watching beth tweddles arse on the telly.

I WIN :D
Immortalicide

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 pm

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:Opeth were tight and good n' all but not a festival headliner, it was weird. More suited to indoor intimate settings.

exactly what me and ben said

at the gates were fucking mint though
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Steve on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Alestorm were pretty gant I thought. Iced Earth disappointed me muchly, poor choice of songs near the end I think.

Helloween however were 9uy3984yt9hgoh[h[erghw[e0ig!! Fucking brill!
GoreBastard wrote:Trust those black metal folk to take their music to the next level of gay!

Steve

Postby Herzeleid on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:41 pm

I AM PERFECT GENTLEMAN!!! YOU ARE PERFECT!!!

awful, bwahahaha.

Herzeleid

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:42 pm

hahaha
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Darkweasel on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:45 pm

The way I saw it:

EVILE:
Great way to start the proceedings (for me and my lazy mates anyway). Energetic, fast and furious and the crowd responded in kind.

PRAYING MANTIS:
We played the "Spot the Iron Maiden Riff" game. We lost count.

HOD:
Absolutely chuffing brilliant. One of the best bands of the day. Give 'em a couple of years and they'll be main stage material. TRANSFORMERS!

AKERCOCKE:
Blurry sound mix didn't help but they were still suitably brutal and managed a very impressive mosh pit.

DESTRUCTION:
A few (almost compulsory) sound gremlins aside, they were utterly marvellous and contender for band of the day. Moshpit of the weekend for sure. Huge.

PRIMAL FEAR:
Typically impressive set from the germans. Shame their last two albums weren't as good as this performance.

SOULFLY.
Utter wank.
Worst set of the weekend on the main stage without a doubt. Max has become a joke. His "lyrics" are repetitive and infantile and they play the same song over and over again. The only time any interest was raised was when they did the usual trick of butchering old Sepultura tracks. Even Max must know how bad they are when they even resorted to playing some of Slayer's Angel of Death.
Awful.

HELLOWEEN.
I've waited over 20 years to see Helloween. Were they worth the wait? Christ, yes.

OPETH:
More of Mikael's dry wit and more great tracks. Definitely not the best I've ever seen them but still very good.

ELUEVETIE:
Finntroll/Korpiklaani copyists. Fun, but hardly memorable.

SWALLOW THE SUN:
Yawn.

COMMUNIC:
See Swallow The Sun.

BLOOD ISLAND RAIDERS:
Heavy and tight with lots of nods to Sabbath in the riffing and (especially) the drumming. Shame about the vocalist though. Flat with no range. Sounded like a third rate Danzig a lot of the time.

MOONSORROW
Bathoryesque Fintrollisms.

NAPALM DEATH:
Best set I've ever seen them play. Ever.

SOILWORK:
Highly impressive. The new songs work really well live.

ICED EARTH:
Band of the weekend by a fucking mile. I could spend hours writing about how good they were.
But I won't.
Ace.

DIMMU BORGIR:
A shortened set length didn't stop them from finishing the night on a high. Great songs but shame about the strong wind making the pyros look bent.

HEAVEN'S BASEMENT:
Take the best bits of Motley Crue, G'n'R, Aerosmith and The Wildhearts and you've got a great up and coming band.

CROWNING GLORY:
Bog standard power metal. Went back to the car after two tracks.

ALESTORM:
Fun, and quite obviously one of the most anticipated bands of the weekend, but very sloppy and teetered on the brink of total embarassment more than a couple of times.

GRAND MAGUS:
Great band, great songs, great set.
Me like.

MOB RULES:
See Crowning Glory.

KATAKLYSM:
Not too bad but got bored and wandered off to see...

TED MAUL
...And promptly wished I hadn't bothered. What a fucking mess. I'm not too sure if it was the hideous mix, the interminable wait for the soundcheck to be completed (not that it made any difference whatsoever), or the way that they seemed to prove to people that they had never played their instruments before which hurt my ears the most.
Ghastly noise.

OVERKILL:
Thrash band of the weekend. Here's to the old school indeed.

AT THE GATES:
Glad for the opportunity to see them before they finally disappear again but they'd have been better just playing the entire SOTS album rather than dipping back to their first albums every five minutes.

NIGHTWISH:
More sound gremlins stopped Emppu's guitar from being heard for the first few songs (not to mention Annette not being able to hear anything through her earpiece) but they carried on regardless and you'd never have known anything was wrong. Excellent way to end a festival.
Or, it would have been if the organisers had actually let them finish their set instead of cutting them short because a couple of other bands had overrun. There were problems like this last year but everybody was still allowed to complete their full set.

Good to meet you, Lev.
And cheer up, Norsie, it might never happen.
Darkweasel

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:50 pm

you fail, sots is their worst
The Fourth Norseman