Welcome to UK Thrash!

MERLYN (Canada)

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

MERLYN (Canada)

Postby blacktears on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Quite a find this band - this is what Sentinel Steel had to say about them. The band will only let Sentinel Steel distribute the CD, though I did manage to score a few copies in trade from Sentinel Steel.

"Formed in 1987, this Canadian power trio play 1980s style cult traditional epic power metal with doom influences. It only takes a few seconds of listening to think of bands like Manilla Road, Candlemass (Epicus era), early Trouble, early Solitude Aeturnus, Dio (circa Last In Line), and Angel Witch (s/t). The band dedicates their album to H.P. Lovecraft. This self titled CD, pressed in 1996, appears to have had no distribution outside of Canada. "

http://www.myspace.com/merlynsociety
"Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras"
blacktears

Re: MERLYN (Canada)

Postby Bestial Bill on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:43 am

This band sound really cool - reminds me a bit of the godly Salem's Wych! Do you still have copies?
'Summon the cleansing of this world! Armageddon unleashed upon Earth!'
Bestial Bill

Postby James on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:16 am

Yeah I'd quite like to buy this too!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby blacktears on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 pm

No problem, I have plenty of copies left in stock. The price is £8.00 postpaid. Just let me know if you want to send the cash via cheque or Paypal and I will give you the full details. E-mail me at btears@aol.com

Cheers!
"Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras"
blacktears