Welcome to UK Thrash!

Reverend

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Reverend

Postby Bestial Bill on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:26 am

What's this band, formed by David Wayne after he left Metal Church, like? I found the first album relatively cheap in a second hand store, but the back photo and the year made me a little suspicious...
'Summon the cleansing of this world! Armageddon unleashed upon Earth!'
Bestial Bill

Re: Reverend

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:00 pm

I have the first EP (the self-titled) and it's pretty cool, fairly standard heavy metal/ power metal release, I'd say the best thing about it is it sounds really similar to metal church!!
thrash metal maniac

Postby BEER CAN on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Bestial Bill wrote:What's this band, formed by David Wayne after he left Metal Church, like? I found the first album relatively cheap in a second hand store, but the back photo and the year made me a little suspicious...

why dont you get it and find out for yourself and fuck what everyone else thinks :wink:
BEER CAN

Postby Bestial Bill on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:13 pm

Don't need to a) waste my money b) fill up space with something that might be shite.
'Summon the cleansing of this world! Armageddon unleashed upon Earth!'
Bestial Bill

Postby blacktears on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 pm

The backing band for David Wayne in Reverend was Byfist, who were an awesome band. David produced their 1989 E.P. "Adrenalin". Byfist had a lot of similarities to early Metal Church,as well as early Armoured Saint, Savatage, etc., so it is not surprising that he chose the band to back him.

Reverend is great, but I would recommend Byfist more. Their anthology CD - "Preserving the Past" is a must have, for "Mary Celeste" alone.
"Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras"
blacktears

Postby EvileOL on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 pm

reverend are cool, also check out their link to the awesome Heretic (not that Heretic)
EvileOL