Welcome to UK Thrash!

Damnation Festival 2012

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Damnation Festival 2012

Postby damnationfest on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 pm

US grindcore stalwarts PIG DESTROYER will return to the UK for the first time in eight years to perform at Damnation Festival.

The Virginia extreme metal quartet will make a rare overseas excursion to headline the Terrorizer Stage at Leeds University Union on Saturday, November 3, 2012.

It marks the first of many coups for the eighth edition of Damnation Festival, following a hugely successful event last year, and eager fans can get their hands on early bird priced tickets which will go on sale at 9am tomorrow.

On returning to UK shores, Pig Destroyer said: "Pig Destroyer is pleased to announce they are looking forward getting pissed in the UK for the first time in eight years.

"Our British accents are a little rusty and new drummer Adam Jarvis is going to have a doss time."

Festival director Gavin McInally added: "It's great to get this year off to a bang, and they don't come much noisier than Pig Destroyer.

"There isn't a more suitable stage to host their long awaited return to the UK than our legendary Terrorizer Stage, which they'll close in devastating fashion.

"As always, we'll aim to put together the most exciting and diverse bill we can possibly manage and, having not raised ticket prices since 2008, we'll keep early bird tickets at £29 for our loyal fanbase."

Tickets are on sale, priced £29 from http://www.leedstickets.com and via the official Damnation Festival site and Facebook through Ticketscript: http://www.damnationfestival.co.uk/tickets

For more information visit the official Damnation Festival sites:

Web - damnationfestival.co.uk
Facebook - facebook.com/damnationfestival
Twitter - twitter.com/damnationfest
damnationfest

Re: Damnation Festival 2012

Postby Raging Paul on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Great! But please don't spam another new post every single time another band gets added to the bill...
Raging Paul

Postby thrasherdave on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Don't bet on it, Lord Paulda.

But aye, I do love Pig Destroyer so provided the rest of the lineup isn't total shite then I might make an effort to attend this year. I won't hold my breath though.
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby damnationfest on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:01 pm

BRITISH doom heavyweights MY DYING BRIDE will play a special one-off show at Damnation Festival, performing new material live for the "first time in many years".

The Bradford quintet will return to the Jagermeister Stage they played to a capacity crowd in 2008 for their only UK show outside London in 2012.

And the rare homecoming appearance will have extra significance for their army of fans as it follows the release of their latest as-yet-untitled album.

The band said: "My Dying Bride would like to say just what a great privilege it is to actually play a festival in their home County and to some of us our home town.

"Not only is this the second time we will have darkened the Damnation Festival door but this time we will be showcasing for the very fucking first time in many years our brand new material to Damnation Festival's fans first!

"Damnation Festival, we love you, but prepare to meet thy Doom."

Festival director Gavin McInally added: "My Dying Bride's appearance at Damnation Festival in 2008 was one of the best we have hosted and it's a real honour that they have chosen to celebrate the release of the latest album with a return to Leeds.

"With Pig Destroyer and My Dying Bride confirmed as our first two bookings, it's shaping up to be a beast of a year and we're confident that we can, once again, put on the best day of metal, rock and eclectic noise the UK has to offer in 2012."

Damnation Festival will take place at Leeds University Union on Saturday, November 3, 2012.

Early bird tickets, priced £29 will be available until Monday, April 30 from http://www.leedstickets.com and via the official Damnation Festival site and Facebook through Ticketscript: http://www.damnationfestival.co.uk/tickets

Last edited by damnationfest on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damnationfest

Postby James on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Have your heard nothing Lord Fuldrond has said??
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby damnationfest on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Absolutely. And we shant, though we'll likely post for each main announcement.
damnationfest

Postby Raging Paul on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Haha! I think I was just being a bit grumpy that day...
Raging Paul

Postby damnationfest on Mon May 28, 2012 8:00 pm

DORSET doom heavyweights ELECTRIC WIZARD have promised a "mind-destroying" exclusive headline performance at Damnation Festival.

The band, who recently sold out London's cavernous Forum, will bring their full lights and visuals show to Leeds University Union on Saturday, November 3, 2012, for what will be a full on assault of the senses.

Also joining the bill are Norwegian blackened thrash outfit AURA NOIR, Irish thrashers GAMA BOMB and elegant doom trio 40 WATT SUN, who will play their only UK show of 2012 on Damnation Festival's newly sponsored Eyesore Stage.

Electric Wizard's Jus Oborn believes fans who couldn't get their hands on tickets to the London performance, will experience something special at Damnation.

He added: "The sellout show at the Forum was a massive success and the fans loved the psychedelic lightshow.

"We had been working on the film show for years and when the opportunity arose to work with the lighting people from the Hawkwind lightshow we knew it would be the
ultimate mindfuck.

"Now, Damnation have given us the opportunity to repeat the experience for everyone outside of London and we are going to make it even more mind-destroying."

And if the prospect of Electric Wizard at Damnation Festival wasn't enough to celebrate, Irish thrash kings GAMA BOMB will be hosting a one-off 10th anniversary party on the Jagermeister Stage.

The band said: "Given that we started our band with the ambition of playing songs that sounded like Nuclear Assault and the aim of some day playing a show outside of our home town, it's pretty amazing that we've lasted for 10 thoroughly wasted years.

"Though we're insanely busy doing behind-the-scenesy stuff right now, we've managed to find time to book one special 10th anniversary show this winter at Damnation Festival.

"By the time we put on some trousers and take to the stage there, we'll have a killer fourth album to show off, as well as wheeling out all kinds of old songs we've forgotten how to play.

"The UK has been very good to us over the last 10 years, so this is our way of saying 'Cheers for that, can you pay in to one more show please?'.

"We'll see you there!"

Electric Wizard, Aura Noir, Gama Bomb and 40 Watt Sun join previously announced My Dying Bride and Pig Destroyer at Damnation Festival, which will take place at Leeds University Union on Saturday, November 3, 2012.

Tickets priced £32 are available from http://www.leedstickets.com and via the official Damnation Festival site and Facebook through Ticketscript: http://www.damnationfestival.co.uk/tickets and at Crash and Jumbo store in Leeds.

*Aura Noir will play Edinburgh's Banshee Labyrinth on May 31, for tickets visit http://eileandubh.bigcartel.com
damnationfest

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Thu May 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Well at least Gama Bomb are playing
Some people call them demons. I call them bitches.
TurboHyperUltraMega

Postby meluaz on Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 pm

I didn't know Gama Bomb even existed anymore.
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby Dian Wei on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:17 am

That's honestly a mean thing to say Zurab, stop being mean.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 am

Zurab stop being so difficult
TurboHyperUltraMega

Postby zykloned on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:53 am

To be fair.. they have been fairly quiet..
zykloned

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:55 am

Don't justify his position!
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:15 am

Zurab's doing it on purpose!
TurboHyperUltraMega