Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby radioactive rik on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:13 pm

James wrote:I would never spend £50 on a plastic box with foam inside it though! But I have spotted some people selling their second hand ones on Ebay for under a tenner, so that's where I'd go when the time came.

Oh, another thing, look at this:

That is TWENTY POUNDS!!!!!!! Surely they can't be serious?!?! It's a few pieces of wood, and it doesn't even look that good! :lol: Anyone who buys that is a total moron (you didn't buy it did you Rik? :P )

The paint starter sets are a good saving, but the thing with them is you cant choose exactly what colours you want, and that is an important decision depending on what you're painting.

that "workstation" is one of the shittest rip offs ever.i wouldnt buy that piece of tat.
instead i got a little coffee table from the charity shop for £5 and carried it home to put in my room.

also the i agree the cases are slightly high priced but due to my mistake of buying that piece of shit £15 case one off ebay i wanted the official one.£30 is a little high but its a small price to pay to keep your models safe as possible.
i remember when i was younger i used to keep them in the inner polystyrene packaging of the box they came in,but remember the amount of times they would snap/fall apart and then need re-glueing or even repainting.
also with the sheer amount of eldar and imperial guard ive bought on ebay in the last year,i wanted to keep them all seperated and neatly stored.
if anything i wish i had bought 2 of the £50 army cases.
i have 2 of the £30 cases of eldar and all thier vehicles i keep in the battleforce box with the old foam inserts from that crap case.
and i easily have enough guard to fill another 2 cases but would prefer to save £10 this time and buy a £50 army case.
maybe i will ask santa for one.

the older GW cases with the red bumpy foam arent bad for keeping a small force in but they are harder to get hold of,i see the odd one auctioned on ebay but can never be arsed to bid.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:40 am

One thing I have to admit is that this is a crazy bargain:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=10

Considering the rulebook alone is £30, and this comes with dreadnought (£25), terminators (£25), and loads of space marine and ork troops, it is ridiculously cheap at £40.

The problem with the boxed sets is that I don't really want what is in them! It's the same with the Battle Forces - they are decent value, but what if I dont want Khornze Berzerkers and Possessed?! If you could choose what went in it (to the same value) then it would be cool.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby James on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Just wondering if anyone by any chance has some spare 40K Ork shoulderpads? The curved ones like the guy on the right:

Also, I have devised a cool money-making move. I was thinking I'd like to pick up the new Rulebook one of these days, but it's £30 on its own! However, if I picked up the Black Reach box set I mentioned above ( http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront ... orignav=10 ) I could be in with a cool scheme...

You get the rulebook plus two whole Space Marine and Ork armies for £40! So what I might do is buy it, keep the rulebook (and dice etc) and Ebay virtually all of the plastics. Considering a plastic dreadnought is usually £25, I could undercut it by about a tenner and do a Buy it Now. I could also sell the terminators for about £10-£15 Buy it Now, and I reckon they would be snapped up. This way I would not only get a rulebook but hopefully end up parting with a lot less than the £30 it costs on its own!

~ ~

Anyway, if anyone has some spare Ork shoulder pads please tell me!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby Immortalicide on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:34 pm

Cowert Si wrote:The fact that everything is so expensive is off putting, if Games Workshop decided to lower the price of everything, people would probably be more willing to get into it.

my kids wanted to get into this last year, but it wasnt so much the cost that put me off and that stopped me letting them have it, but the fact that i really want them to be socially adept and not spend hours posting on boring nerdy threads on internet forums while they should be out playing footie, feeling girls titties and swigging cider over the park like normal boys their age.
Immortalicide

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:05 am

Immortalicide wrote:my kids wanted to get into this last year, but it wasnt so much the cost that put me off and that stopped me letting them have it, but the fact that i really want them to be socially adept and not spend hours posting on boring nerdy threads on internet forums while they should be out playing footie, feeling girls titties and swigging cider over the park like normal boys their age.

i found time for mischief AND was into gamesworkshop at 11/13yrs old.so dont deprive them of a fascinating hobby :lol:
mind you the internet wasnt huge in 1994-96 anyway so thats a fair point about forums.(how ironic your on a forum to posts the above :lol: )
but yeah,if i had pre teen kids i wouldnt even want them spending any days hanging around a hobby store with paedo staff.
i didnt visit the store much as a kid as the managers huge glasses and billy mitchell runtiness freaked me out but being young i couldnt quite guess his intentions,he just gave out uneasy overenthusiastic vibe.

anyway dont go too far and end getting the kids burberry baseball caps/any albums on mtv base/diamond earstuds etc and i think the chav/geek ratio balance should even out to create normal boys as you stated above.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:58 am

james i have a tonne of ork stuff, if you want to you can buy it off me cheaply and sell it on for a bit more, i dont have the time
The Fourth Norseman

Postby James on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:14 am

I'm not bothered about it all, but if you could look if you have any of those curved shoulder pads (plastic) I might send a few shekels your way.

James
Administrator

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:21 am

radioactive rik wrote:
Immortalicide wrote:my kids wanted to get into this last year, but it wasnt so much the cost that put me off and that stopped me letting them have it, but the fact that i really want them to be socially adept and not spend hours posting on boring nerdy threads on internet forums while they should be out playing footie, feeling girls titties and swigging cider over the park like normal boys their age.

i found time for mischief AND was into gamesworkshop at 11/13yrs old.so dont deprive them of a fascinating hobby :lol:
mind you the internet wasnt huge in 1994-96 anyway so thats a fair point about forums.(how ironic your on a forum to posts the above :lol: )
but yeah,if i had pre teen kids i wouldnt even want them spending any days hanging around a hobby store with paedo staff.
i didnt visit the store much as a kid as the managers huge glasses and billy mitchell runtiness freaked me out but being young i couldnt quite guess his intentions,he just gave out uneasy overenthusiastic vibe.

anyway dont go too far and end getting the kids burberry baseball caps/any albums on mtv base/diamond earstuds etc and i think the chav/geek ratio balance should even out to create normal boys as you stated above.

well, they arent chavs either, they both love slipknot, system of a down, ozzy, and also gama bomb!!!!!!
Immortalicide

Postby Lev on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:34 am

James wrote:Anyway, if anyone has some spare Ork shoulder pads please tell me!

I do :lol:
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Immortalicide wrote:well, they arent chavs either, they both love slipknot, system of a down, ozzy, and also gama bomb!!!!!!

nice 1,you taught them well :rockdevil: :rockdevil:
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:36 pm

radioactive rik wrote:
Immortalicide wrote:well, they arent chavs either, they both love slipknot, system of a down, ozzy, and also gama bomb!!!!!!

nice 1,you taught them well :rockdevil: :rockdevil:

i think they got into metal through this wrestling shit they watch as much as listening to the stuff i play, i was playing killed by death by motorhead the other day, and callum said thats the man who sings triple h's song isnt it??? :lol:
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Excellent song, the Triple h one not so much.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Dian Wei wrote:Excellent song, the Triple h one not so much.

i could have it wrong! I mean the game by lemmy anyway, whoevers song it is lol
Immortalicide

Postby James on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 pm

I made a trip to Games Workshop today to pick up some paints and equipment - I've also dusted down an old work station thing that was in the shed as it will be a good painting desk:

Now got paints, washes (inks), brushes, glue, sculpting putty, sculpting tool, pin vice drill, needle files, stanley knife, and a daylight bulb.

Now just need some models :lol:

James
Administrator

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:37 pm

James wrote:I made a trip to Games Workshop today to pick up some paints and equipment - I've also dusted down an old work station thing that was in the shed as it will be a good painting desk:

Now got paints, washes (inks), brushes, glue, sculpting putty, sculpting tool, pin vice drill, needle files, stanley knife, and a daylight bulb.

Now just need some models :lol:

do they sell stick on acne, billy bob teeth and jam jar specs too????
Immortalicide