Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby Lev on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:41 pm

And by that you mean right hand?
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:43 pm

The left side of the banner isn't straight, bugs me.

Go back and change it.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Lev on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Will you turn up this time?

Lev

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:11 pm

I'm behind you.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Dian Wei

Postby thrashduck on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Dian Wei wrote:I'm behind you.

One of these days Bill... ONE OF THESE DAYYYYSSSSSSSSS!
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Immortalicide on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Dian Wei wrote:I'm behind you.

yeah, 250 fucking miles behind us.............. :roll:
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:20 pm

You were all fooled making me the winner.

Dian Wei

Postby Immortalicide on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Dian Wei wrote:You were all fooled making me the winner.

we had dodgem rides, slush puppies, saw napalm death and destruction, we sat in a gazebo with a pirate and an emo, we made fun of steve to his face, we played football and laughed at faraz crashed out in his tent. We held banners aloft and heckled HOD. We saw at the gates and the berzereker. We had an argument with a dodgy food seller who cant tell the difference between £10 and £20 notes, we had FUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN

Im glad you won and we lost.............................
Last edited by Immortalicide on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:28 pm

i had 90 wanks and a bottle of scotch.

Dian Wei

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:09 pm

thrashduck wrote:All the cool kids played subbuteo, and you know it.

yeah the real "cool" kids played subbuteo as they considered gamesworkshop for "geeks".

the irony is that we were(and still are)cooler than them.

also subbuteo had no in depth concept to it and required minimum intellect to play,hence why the foootball following kids/fans loved it.

as im sure you are all aware i dont follow bloody football :lol:

if we had a "wet breaktime" ie:the teachers couldnt be arsed to get a bit of rain on them so they would imprison us indoors for the entire day,then each class had a box of games in the locked cupboards aka:the "wet day box".
in these treasure troves we had various awesome forms of entertainment such as:guess who/mouse trap/frustration/subbuteo/the wheres wally books/the jolly postman books and many other delights of which i forget.
with all the teachers in the staff room,we were always left unmonitored to "play sensibly"so there were usually fights and squabbles over this stuff and if me and Dean H didnt end up with anything we would make own entertainment to get us through the boring breaktime consisting of sabotaging peoples subbuteo game by flicking the little footballers everywhere,pointing out wally on every page to whoever was trying to spot him(which totally ruined it for them),
stealing and throwing various board game contents and just general vandalism and sodding about.Dean was like the hardest kid in the class/yeargroup(dont ask what he was like at scouts!!) so it was better to join him than be against him :lol: and he was my best friend from age 10-12.he didnt attend secondary school as he was too uncontrollable.funnily enough he murdered his stepdad in "self defense" 3/4years ago and was sentenced to 4years but got out after 2!!!!so hes a VERY naughty boy :lol: he also got so pissed once in his late teens and had his leg severed from below the knee whilst joyriding/hanging onto the outside of a train from gatwick to horley.crazy stuff.(lucky my mum banned me from meeting up with him when i was neally 13,mainly coz of what we got up to and coz his mum was drunk and crazy whenever i stayed over thier house)
i still see him about but weve never really spoke since i had to not bother with him on request of my parents,plus im way too scared to say anything to him as he always gives me angry looks.i think i'll stick to "staying well away" :lol:
anyway ive kinda drifted off topic,but yeah,warhammer was soooo complex compared to other tabletop/board games.
i remember on the last day of term in year 6 we were allowed to bring board games.there was that shitty cricket game and "pro action"football,(like the futuristic subbuteo) :lol:
i took in my "combat cards".kinda like top trumps but with gamesworkshop style creatures. :rockdevil:
Last edited by radioactive rik on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Lev on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:38 pm

Immortalicide wrote:
Dian Wei wrote:You were all fooled making me the winner.

we had dodgem rides, slush puppies, saw napalm death and destruction, we sat in a gazebo with a pirate and an emo, we made fun of steve to his face, we played football and laughed at faraz crashed out in his tent. We held banners aloft and heckled HOD. We saw at the gates and the berzereker. We had an argument with a dodgy food seller who cant tell the difference between £10 and £20 notes, we had FUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN

What a nonse he was. They're a different colour for a start!

Lev

Postby thrashduck on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:48 pm

radioactive rik wrote:funnily enough he murdered his stepdad in "self defense" 3/4years ago and was sentenced to 4years but got out after 2!!!!)

:lol:

Best use of "funnily enough" ever!

I knew someone who had loads of Warhammer, but they were much older - I probably would have got into it if I'd hung around with people that did. I also knew no one who played subbuteo at all, my Dad bought me a set one Christmas and that's the only person I played against. And he literally never went soft on me and beat me almost every time. And I cried every time. Complete bastard.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Lev on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Come on then, who's going to buy my Warhammer?

Lev

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:17 pm

thrashduck wrote:I knew someone who had loads of Warhammer, but they were much older

yeah i know what you mean,when in year 7 there was about 3of us into GW.i first discovered it in late year 5 when at my friend Joe Gallups house as his older brothers had some.(Joe was the nephew of simon gallup of the cure,no joke as 2 of the cure used to drink in the horley pub(its still there by the way :D ) that my parents also used to go to when i was a toddler,interesting huh? :) ).
but yeah,by the time i was in year 7 a few of us liked GW and started visiting the store.we soon realised how many year 9/10/11 pupils were going there and so hung with them for the first few months of secondary school.when most of them had left school and Joe moved to the isle of wight,i slowly swithched spending my paper round/birthday moneys on Jackie Chan movies instead of miniatures.
then by the time i was in year 10 there was a mighty GW resurgence and a lot of spotty adolescents in my year were getting into it way after my initial interest.they even started an afterschool club and had a few of the lower year kids attend.so it was almost a recreation of when i was in year 7 hanging with "cool GW" kids in the older yeargroups.history repeating itself :lol:

i think its a hard hobby to stick at when you dont get pocket money so a lot of 11-13yr olds cant afford the stuff.its only really either the spoilt kids OR older kids with paper round/washing up at restaurant style jobs who get a few quid that can really get into it.

i remember a lad from scouts invited me over to play bloodbowl one eve.it was like a good vs evil version of subbuteo :lol:
Last edited by radioactive rik on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Metal Iain on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:18 pm

Lev - Pulverizer wrote:Come on then, who's going to buy my Warhammer?

Filth!
Metal Iain