Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby Dian Wei on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:39 pm

They are very nice James, the sand effect is a really nice touch.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby James on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 pm

The guts have been given the PVA treatment to make them all slimey. I'm so glad I waited for that cork tile, I think it looks perfect as broken slabs of concrete!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby James on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:18 am

I ordered the resin Nurgle Sorcerer from Forge World, and he is sweet. I've added some plastic components from Empire Flagellents, but other than that he's pretty much ready to paint!

(old Tyranid wings to replace his backpack)

I've written a short story about how he was blessed with his wings, but it's probably too nerdy for this place!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:38 pm

forgeworld is cool but i find they charge quite a bit.although they do make unique,one off models.

also i know i said karandras would be done by sunday but over the weekend i got carried away on saga frontier 2(i need to level up quite a bit before i can face the final boss without getting raped.spent 24 and a half hours so far on that game :D )
also had the Mutant gig on friday.
my poxy daylight bulb went and died on sunday eve.£2 bloody quid for a philips one and its cack!!!
so ive only got karandras's head complete and the body base coated so far.
no gigs this week and saga frontier 2 should take another 3-5hours max to complete so ive got plenty of time to hopefully get karandras done.fingers crossed my 2nd/spare bulb doesnt bloody pack up so soon.

also my brother has been getting into modelling again.since both of them are motorbike fanatics,dave has some model kits of his own and spent 4hours on saturday eve in the "hobby corner" building/painting/tranfering stickers onto a replica small scale bike model.
i think its cool though as we have a respect for eachothers craft rather than pisstaking like some siblings probably would if only one was into miniatures/models.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Forge World is usually extortionate yes, but that guy was only a tenner, which is probably less than you would pay for a model like that in the shops these days! I have sprayed him, might start painting tonight.

James
Administrator

Postby Lev on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:17 am

It's blates just you two, so, MSN it eh.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby meluaz on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:37 am

no! its also me, i might not reply but everytime someone posts on this thread i read it
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby Lev on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:38 am

You hardly count.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby Dian Wei on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:32 am

I also enjoy the commentary, so don't.

Also James looking again the red on the storm bolters is pretty rubbish, well not rubbish just out of place. I'd change that personally.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:50 am

I read it too, I used to like lead men but could never paint them. Hod were just saying last night that James has quite a skill with that green goo.

Ste on guitars paints his kids figures, he has a fucking boss imperial guard army he's done to play against whatever the young lads in the mood for buying at the time.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby Craig on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:03 am

I really need to start getting my hands on some new Eldar, will probably happen around January. First couple will probably be a Farseer and either a squad of Guardians or Jetbikes - Rik: do the Codex Craftworld rules still apply to Eldar? If they do I'll probably go for a Saim-Hann Wild Rider Host :)
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:28 am

I had a shoebox full of them (Even those old school chaos marines you liked James - Wish I could have passed you them now) and I gave them to some goth bird so I could get in her knickers. I still have the scars on my back from her, crazy bitch.

I stand by my decision. :?
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby James on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Craig, whatever army you get, GET THE CODEX FIRST. If you don't know what you're doing game wise, you'll be throwing money away buying models with no force structure at all. Unless of course you just want to paint them.

Bill - the red may not look particularly suitable in these high close-ups, but I've injected it into the whole army because I felt it really needed another colour in the scheme. Otherwise they just look like a sea of brown and green mud, which might be more accurate in terms of Nurgle but it doesn't look very good when arrayed on a battlefield. I'm keeping the red usage very occasional, but it comes across a lot better when you look at a whole squad rather than just one model.

The sorcerer is almost finished, just need to attach the wings! The ball and chain snapped off, so I had to do the scariest pinning job ever (drilling holes in each half then glueing a bit of paper clip between them).

James
Administrator

Postby James on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:22 am

Right, well the paint job is all done! It took me a long time but I'm quite satisfied, probably the best model I've painted so far. The face was really, really difficult to get looking good, and it's still not one of my favourite parts of the finished model (I wish there were some eyeballs sculpted in the sockets to pick out with paint!).

Anyway I've done my best, and I'm looking forward to getting back to some plastic models next! :D

James
Administrator

Postby Craig on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:26 am

Awesome job - the tile base definitely makes a huge difference :D.

On the subject of Codexes, I've just grabbed the latest Eldar one on PDF, will probably have a read later.
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator