Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby meluaz on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 am

i couldnt do that because when whitedwarf was good it had the plastic over the top
its just pure shit now, why dont they just give up on lord of the rings and start star wars warhammer
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby James on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:23 am

Apparently they got really complacent with the easy profits from the Lord of the Rings game, and now its popularity is fading they're in real problems... hence the price hikes!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 am

Profit Lies...
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Resilience Records on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:53 am

Wow...

i don't know why i never really bothered with this thread before. being an ex-avid gamesworkshop lover (although ex is a very broad term as it has been... 8 years or more since i last painted or bought anything!!) seeing this has brought back alot of memories and has also made me VERY impressed!! James man... fucking hell! you've made me a proud Chaos fan! one thing though... surely it's time we had a picture of the full army that you have so far! some amazing stuff in there! i'm interested to see everbody else's stuff now (especially Rik!).

Soooo, this leads me to my next point, mainly being that this week i have been changing bedrooms (essentially downsizing alot!) and so i have been going through a lot of old stuff. i stumbled across my WH40k box/toolbox and found all my old figures and bits and bobs (except for the paints! dont know where they have gone!), and i was trying to decide what to do with it all. i think that how ever cool alot of it is, i have no real space for them anymore and i certainly just don't have the time/patience or inclination to paint them either. so i think the best thing i can do is give them to people who would actually appreciate them and could use bits for mods, or even new squads etc. in the next few days i'll post up some photos of what i have, and anybody who wants any of it, let me know and we can come to a VERY reasonably price for them. i should be in Briantree fairly soon to visit billy (and hopefully the other Essex massive!) and so i could bring them along then, and if anybody else wants stuff i can bring them to gigs. anybody up north... up yours basically! but seriously, we can sort out postage etc. i need money and i need shelf space, so this seems to be the best way, especially as i know some of you may actually appreciate the stuff. whatever doesn't get sold or obviously isn't wanted will get thrown away, so i'd prefer that stuff was actually used and not just totally wasted!

watch this space...
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:34 am

Resilience Records wrote:Wow...

i don't know why i never really bothered with this thread before. being an ex-avid gamesworkshop lover (although ex is a very broad term as it has been... 8 years or more since i last painted or bought anything!!) seeing this has brought back alot of memories and has also made me VERY impressed!! James man... fucking hell! you've made me a proud Chaos fan! one thing though... surely it's time we had a picture of the full army that you have so far! some amazing stuff in there! i'm interested to see everbody else's stuff now (especially Rik!).

hey Jamie check out my models on pages 3 and 4.thats literally all ive painted since last november.anyway once i get the mega paint set and once the spare room is actually finished i will be doing a hell of a catch up.
i got back into it 12years later.i thought for a minute you were going to get back into it after 8years but being as busy as you are i see why you probably wont get round to it.oh well.Gamesworkshop is like a secret society :lol:
everyone was into it at one point in thier childhood/teens whether they admit it or not.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:22 pm

That sounds intriguing Jamie, I'll wait and see some photos.

~ ~

Also, the terminators are coming on nicely, but still very work-in-progress:

They're very static plain models really, but I've added some green stuff and other components to make them more Nurgley.

The project has been a bit delayed by two things: 1) I need to get hold of some cork tile from somewhere so they have cool platforms to stand on; 2) I'm waiting for some fantasy Chaos Warrior Champion helmets to arrive in the post...

Here is what I have so far:

Generic Termies:
- The terminator helmets have been sawn off, and all the loyalist insignia has (hopefully) been removed too. I've added slight amounts of rot around the belly area, mainly to fill a puzzling gap under each chest plate.
- The Chaos Champion heads will be attached when they turn up
- The vents on the top of their armour are the barrels from old metal Tyranid Gargoyle guns, with green stuff surrounding.
- The entire squad has hooved feet.

Icon Bearer
- This guy has had much the same treatment, except a banner pole from the plastic Flagellants sprue has been added (plus bells).
- The belly is a bit more bulging, and the fuel tank from a Flamer is protruding from it.

Champ

- The champ is obviously based on the Terminator Captain model, and has a bit more going on. The Roman style groin-guard has been made into chainmail, and his stomach has two Flamer tanks rather than one.
- The crest/vent is a bit more elaborate - it is the whole tail section of a Tyranid Gargoyle (with the blade cut off the end of the main tail). I wish I had given the whole squad one of these, but I didn't think of it in time. Oh well, at least it stands this guy out as the champ.

~ ~

Now for the arms! I have gone for 4 power weapons and one chainfist, and twin-linked bolters throughout. If I decide I want more options, I'll probably just get another 5 AoBR termies off Ebay! (well under a tenner)

My favourite thing about the squad is that their power weapons are actually Flagellant flails - the perfect weapons for Nurgle in my opinion (as well as scythes)!

- The supporting hands have been cut from each shaft.

- These are the terminator left arms with the power fists cut off and replaced at the elbow with CSM chainsword arms.
- The chainfist is just a CSM power fist with a chainsword incorporated.

- These are the standard termie right arms, with bayonets on all the stormbolters and a number of accessories on the shoulderpad: horns clipped from unused CSM helmets, scrolls from the Flagellant kit, and an open Dark Angels book for the Champ's arm.

~ ~

I also plan to texture most of the flat armour areas (e.g. shin pads, edges of right shoulder pads) with the fine sand I've used on lots of my other models. It's a bit of a gamble but I think the grains are small enough to achieve a really crusty look without overpowering the models.

More updates soon!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby meluaz on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:17 pm

you should paint the terminators brown, would be a nice change
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby James on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:56 pm

And here's the whole army so far for you Jamie...

(click)

Doesn't look all that mighty yet does it!

James
Administrator

Postby meluaz on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:19 am

just that cost abit under 100 pounds by my calculations, not including paints and glue and other things
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby James on Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:12 pm

Squad 1 = £18
Squad 2 = £13 (found a better deal)
Flamers = £7 (+ £4 worth of bits)
Lord = £10
Dreadnaught = part of a boxed set, my part of which was £20, included in which is a 5-man terminator squad, and other Space Marines I plan to sell for about £10

So the army is no more than £50, thanks to Ebay scouting and avoiding Games Workshop prices.

James
Administrator

Postby MartinC on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Can't wait to see these Terminators painted. You're an asshole, James.
MartinC

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:20 pm

If they were there on the carpet for longer than a day my mum would have hoovered them up.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby meluaz on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:50 pm

that happened once to my defiler, she threatened me and said 'if you dont take your toys off the carpet im gonna throw em away' i thought she was bluffing, there was 30 quid and a few hours of painting down the drain
Image Image

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby James on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 am

Bit harsh.

James
Administrator

Postby James on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 am

James
Administrator