Welcome to UK Thrash!

RAGER EP FINISHED!!!!

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

RAGER EP FINISHED!!!!

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:00 pm

Yehaaaaa it was finished like last week, but there are a couple of songs up on the myspace if anyones interested! (link - click my sig)

CD will be out soon, you can kinda preorder from us if you want (it'll mean you definately get a copy..), but you won't have to pay until we actually have the cds :) .. just send us a message!!!!

Enjoy!!!

:rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil:
thrash metal maniac

Re: RAGER EP FINISHED!!!!

Postby Immortalicide on Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:07 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:Yehaaaaa it was finished like last week, but there are a couple of songs up on the myspace if anyones interested! (link - click my sig)

i clicked your sig and the pic opened up in a new page, not your myspace :?

I am wetting myself with anticipation to hear this too :eyes:
Immortalicide

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:13 pm

ok here you go!

http://www.myspace.com/ragermetal

(wouldn't have hurt to right-click and click 'open in new window' :P )
thrash metal maniac

Postby Immortalicide on Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:35 pm

Pray for death was adequate, not spectacular. Forced faith sounded much better and built up well till 1.10 when i thought it was gonna go bang and run away on a stream of furious molten thrash metal lava, but it was like one of those fireworks you buy from the corner shop that you light and wait for the fuse to burn down with anticipation.....then it goes PHUT and a few half arsed sparks spew out and you are left feeling it should have been so much more exciting than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Immortalicide

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Immortalicide wrote:Forced faith sounded much better and built up well till 1.10 when i thought it was gonna go bang and run away on a stream of furious molten thrash metal lava

it doesn't though... that's not the song :P

all the songs are supposed to be faster (especially the fast bits)... but the drums tracks were slower than they shoulda been :(
thrash metal maniac

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:39 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:all the songs are supposed to be faster (especially the fast bits)... but the drums tracks were slower than they shoulda been :(

Indeed, they definitely feel like they could do with being a bit faster. Kind of takes away from the energy really, which I think is part of the problem. Pray For Death was a bit monotonous too - it wasn't a particular bad song by any means, but I didn't think it was that spectacular. As with Forced Faith, I agree with Immortalicide, the first section is really good and builds up well, but then it starts to drag on a bit and i found myself losing a bit of interest in it. The ending is also very anti-climatic, which is a bit of a shame.

I think the main point I would make about these tracks in general is that they lack character. The fact that it's what some would call generic thrash isn't the problem - you can build on the foundations of generic thrash and make it sound different and great by throwing in a few twists here and there and a bit of your own character (which I'd say is what Gama Bomb and Doctor Death do, and what Evile don't do, for example - though at least Evile have some sort of sense of urgency and a good professional tightness to their music though which is the redeeming factor to my ears). I just think you need to put a bit more of your own personalities into the music you make, that would make it a lot more interesting. That doesn't mean talking about zombies etc, it just means being yourself a bit more, as opposed to just trying to be 'thrash'. Think about some great things you like in real life, and try and convey that in your songwriting. What I'm hearing at the moment is talented people playing standard riffs. What I'd like to hear is not necessarily something more 'original', just something with a bit more character.

Also I'm not too fond of the vocals. They don't really do anything for me, it just sounds like a moaning man. The vocals need to be a lot more exciting to get the listener into the mood of thrash.

That's all from me I think. You boys have some good potential, i think it's just going to take you a little time to realise what you have and to be able to use it to its fullest goodness.
jonny_boy34

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:43 pm

we got some line up changes happening at the mo actually, out mate Steve is gonna be taking over vocal duty, which means we can do more with riffs etc under the vocals, also, the new new stuff is probably gonna make you die... but we need a new drummer first... Sam quit :cry:
thrash metal maniac

Postby Resilience Records on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:04 pm

well i honestly enjoyed your Demo harris. a bit too slow considering how good these tracks will sound when they are being belted out at full force (which is what i like about your stuff).

to be honest its probably a good thing sam quit, he was a nice guy but a bit of a weak, powerless drummer. you could do with a full on machine who can drum at a decent speed and with a lot of heavyness to boot. sam was a bit of a "light hitter".

on the note of vocals, i do actually particuarly like Pez's voice (even if its a bit too american sounding at times). but i'm very interested to see what a new vocalist would do to the group.

i haven't checked out the myspace so i dont know if you put up the artwork, but to everyone awaiting a CD, the artwork is great!

so in true rager style :rockdevil: and some :dance: but also a little bit of :doh: but a few changes and it could well be =D> for the next CD!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby MartinC on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:47 pm

Load of crap.
MartinC

Postby Raging Paul on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:59 pm

Resilience Records wrote:to be honest its probably a good thing sam quit

yeah i agree with that, he was not a great drummer by any stretch of the inamgination! Hope you find someone better now, good luck!
Raging Paul

Postby MartinC on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:00 pm

The chorus is the most typically unoriginal thrash chorus I've ever heard. I think I've heard about 50 bands do something similar to that.
MartinC

Postby BEER CAN on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:05 am

hey not bad guys, its definately a step up from your previous recordings, a step in the right direction I say. =D>

I like Pevzs Vocals.
BEER CAN

Postby Lev on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:16 am

Love the riff at the start of Forced Faith.

All the songs are pretty sex. Except Postman Thrash...wwttttffff

I'll preorder one of these me thinks.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby terrorizer on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:37 am

MartinC wrote:The chorus is the most typically unoriginal thrash chorus I've ever heard. I think I've heard about 50 bands do something similar to that.

Please qualify that statement by naming about 50 examples. :wink:

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby Bangover on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:42 am

I like it! I really like Forced Faith! The lyrics are cool as well.

There isn't really much point calling thrash generic because come on.....it's thrash.
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover