Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby James on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Lev wrote:
James wrote:Is it painted?

I'll probably be wanting more skeleton and zombie bits from you before long anyway.

I'm afraid it is painted.

I already have three more, so I'll pass. But skellies yeah? Cool.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Lev on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:34 am

Me has teh skelliieess
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby radioactive rik on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:43 pm

at last my uber duper hobby corner is set up.
i have all the essentials.....fizz and mp3 player of course.
today ive been highlighting the eldar striking scorpion i base coated/2nd coated months ago.
i will finish the highlights a bit later.after my dinner has gone down and ive watched airline and then blue peter.
tomorrow i will do all the fine detail/basing to complete the last scorpion of the 12troops/exarchs.
then i plan to start painting the more detailed/trickier to paint phoenix lord Karandras so all scorpions will be 100% completed.
ill eventually post pics of the scorpion squad in their entirety.

002.JPG
behold
002.JPG (147.96 KiB) Viewed 248 times
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Dian Wei on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:17 pm

Rik's garden seems quite large.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby radioactive rik on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Dian Wei wrote:Rik's garden seems quite large.

yeah its not a bad sized garden.maybe in summer there could be a lovely campover.

we live just 5mins from the town center.6 houses nearer the town center which had similar sized gardens were knocked down to make way for a development of 6 blocks of flats consisting of 6 modern flats per block plus shitloads of car park space there.tragic.
plus one block is council housing ie:single mums and chavs including a girl from my school who had her baby in year 10.she now has a fully furnished flat courtesy of the council,which she moved into brand new the lucky cow.(she also has a 2nd kid now)
all the idiots living in the non-council owned blocks are working all hours/paying silly money to own the same size property as her.SUCKERS!!
sponging,claiming and chilling is the true way forward in this day and age of soft touch/benefit handout britain.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Dian Wei wrote:Rik's garden seems quite large.

HAHAH! Fuckin ell, I was just just thinking that. You could fit my house twice on there.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby James on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:31 pm

That's looking good Rik, I'm sure some Eldar will start emerging soon... Karandras is a really cool model so I bet that will be fun to paint.

My mail order bits FINALLY arrived, so I've put my terminators together at last. They're pretty much ready to spray, except for some base texturing (and maybe a bit more sand on the bare areas of their chests/necks)

thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:09 am

wicked stuff James.so creative conversion wise.

the options for making unique squads become so much broader when armies exist in both warhammer fantasy and warhammer 40k.for example chaos,orks,eldar/elves,ogres/ogryn,imperial guard/empire.

the only example ive done of this is buying some ogre heads and rat ogre arms for my old style imperial guard ogryns just to personalise them and not have any identical.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby radioactive rik on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:33 pm

at last! i spent from 2.30 till 7 finishing this rare scorpion exarch.the 2nd of the set i ordered off ebay(see page 4 for rare troop model).
the scorpion power claw looks much better this time compared to my first scorpion exarch(see page 3)
i highlighted all the edges of the power claw this time round and although it was awkward it was worth taking time over.
also one of the trickiest parts was doing the gold line down the forehead as i had already done all the green around it.

002.JPG
front
002.JPG (204.97 KiB) Viewed 141 times

001.JPG
back
001.JPG (213.94 KiB) Viewed 141 times
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:03 pm

That is a really great job Rik!! I find highlighting so difficult, but you've done a really crisp clean job there. Have you ever tried painting gems the "masterclass" way? It looks pretty difficult, but has a big effect: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... 10&start=2

I also really like the base texture, static grass is cool.

James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:23 pm

cheers James.i keep seeing little minor thing from the large photo i posted and keep running upstairs to correct them :lol:
most noticably the clump of grass stuck to the back of his foot and little bits of grass here and there on the model which i couldnt spot without the photo.
also i noticed that the purity seal makes the model appear so much shinier when using the camera flash.so all my models look a lot glossier on this thread than they are in reality.

yeah James,i will try 1 or 2 extra colours on gemstones on my next squad.i didnt wanna experiment on the above model as i wanted it to match my previous scorpions.but yeah,now i have all the colours i want to start using 2 or 3 colours on future models gemstones and their carry pouches as they look a bit basic on my models so far but hey its my first batch so its an interesting learning process as i start to pick up on things i can do with a slightly different approach.however i refuse to paint little white dots in the eyes/on gemstones as it looks like a spec,little chipped/flaked area at times plus its just really awkward.i may try a lighter version of the same color on top in a smaller area(so the darker color outlines it)an see how that turns out.

anyway im gonna be r.p.g playing all day tomorrow as ive nearly finished saga frontier 2(22hours so far :D )
got motorhead gig on saturday so i'll probably start painting karandras next wednesday.

i love working only 2days a week.

i havent got time for working when theres so much gamesworkshop,rpgs,dvds to get through as well as gigs to attend :lol:
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Yeah I'm not going to make a start on any more painting until next week either, as I have a tonne of uni work to do. I don't mind about the delay though now they're actually assembled (and not in loads of bits on my desk).

The next thing I'm going to get for my army is a Rhino tank - I HATE painting vehicles, but tactically speaking I need several Rhinos (as I do plan to play some battles in the future). To make it a less monotonous task I am planning to pioneer a vehicle paint-job with a difference, by painting on loads of writing and hand-drawn warnings over the vehicle, maybe in red. I hope it turns out ok.

James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:41 pm

hey James,check out this site for rare and early rogue trader era warhammer 40k models.

http://www.solegends.com/citrt/index.htm

ive got quite a few eldar featured on there from ebay.at least you have all the correct names/terminology to type into the ebay searchbox if you fancied some classic models.

check out the chaos renegade marine James
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby James on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Presenting.......

THE VERMINATORS!

And a group shot:

James
Administrator

Postby radioactive rik on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:14 pm

nice work James.great pun too!i also love the detail in your bases with bits and pieces/space marines with entrails oozing etc.
im gonna get a bit more creative with bases when it comes to doing the Avatar,warwalker,dreadnought etc.

ive just basecoated Karandras with dark angels green.im doing the head and body as seperate parts and will glue the head on when ive finished the body and main parts of the head.i will paint the dreadlock/hair plume type thingies when he head has been glued on as it will be easier doing this while holding the base instead.
anyway im gonna have to get up a bit earlier than 2.15(lazy)tomorrow and get daylight bulbs,1 for my old lamp and 1 for the light in the spare room.
as far as my previous daylight bulbs go:1 died and one went in the kitchen to replace the 3rd bulb of the triple light.
the glow from my lamp in the pic i posted of my little corner is too orange and artificial,so i need to dig out the old lamp i used first time round.
the weather outside is too dark/shitty by 4ish,and even by the window i cant see the model well enough.(shame its not summer :( )
anyway hopefully Karandras will be done by sunday at the latest.
ImageImage
radioactive rik